Don't mess with Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mess with Texas

I'm not good at posting multipe links, but Texas took a hit in the news this week big time.

No editorial comment, just the way it played out.
Bill

http://news.aol.com/videos/video/tex...eft/4164778544

http://news.aol.com/article/texas-man-imprisoned/473503

http://news.aol.com/article/texas-tr...hooting/472454

Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-10-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I like cops who do their sworn duty, I myself even want to be a cop. But, the sickening trend lately is, "SHUT UP, TURN AROUND, I'M THE ONE WHO'S IN CHARGE."

It sickens me because when I was a soldier, I was sworn to defend my nation whether I agreed with its views politically, religiously, etc.

These cops are just going around pulling people over and simply harassing, hazing, manhandling, and plain out abusing power given to them to help citizens.

I always ask myself, especially when I was a soldier. What I would do if a cop pulled me over and tried to attack me, for whatever reason. I've seen many videos of cops telling subjects to get down and then tazing them.

Would I resist? Would my training take over?

Still, though, it seems simple, comply, and fight it in court later.

Sadly, even the judges and courts are corrupt now. It's a no win anymore.

It's all about how much the town can get from you so they can pay for lunch that day and buy new police cars every 6 months because billy bob keeps rear ending people picking his nose and dunking his do-nut in coffee.

Last edited by MoshNet; 05-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I'd have to agree that the folks in far East Texas are a little different. The first report is obviously around the Vidor/Orange area. Unfortunately, you don't want to be black and get caught there after dark. It's not a safe place for blacks and white folks who have no issues with integration. When my father in law died, he lived in Kountz which is north of Beaumont and he employed blacks. As we were gathering his stuff to move it out so we could put the place up for sale, a Chevy pickup with 6 guys in the back opened fire on us with rifles. Yeah, I got a great description of the truck, the occupants, and the truck license plate. When I called the sheriffs office and described the event, he asked if anybody was hurt. I said no an he said maybe we needed to leave before somebody did get hurt. It's one of the few places in Texas that could be high on the list for a nuclear bomb test site. The second report is just our Judges having one of those days. It happens everywhere. The third is again, far East Texas. Education doesn't seem to be the pinnacle there so much as drinking and shooting. Not that I have anything against either but you need to know how to count to ten and recite the alphabet with 75% accuracy. Many of those folks over there can't. But they can fish, tell storys, and attend the KKK meetings where they get lots of beer and ammo. Like I said, it's different over there.

So why is this worthy of a post on a truck forum by someone from Georgia? Ya'll don't have any problems over there?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been to Texas before; I like to think of it as North Mexico, rather than one of United States.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Better than that sweatshop mosquito factory called Georgia.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stealth
I agree. The Gainesville area is little Mexico. Although its not so little anymore. I'd take Texas and Texans anyday.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Are my eyes deceiving me or was that cop that was pulling over black people for "driving while being black" in fact black himself?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill Murray
I'm not good at posting multipe links, but Texas took a hit in the news this week big time.

No editorial comment, just the way it played out.
Bill

http://news.aol.com/videos/video/tex...eft/4164778544

http://news.aol.com/article/texas-man-imprisoned/473503

http://news.aol.com/article/texas-tr...hooting/472454
You've obviously never driven through Braselton, GA.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
I've been to Texas before; I like to think of it as North Mexico, rather than one of United States.
That is what you get for thinking...

Last edited by tequilajohnson; 05-10-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Suspended
Good ole texas...I guess with a state this big theres got to be a bunch of weirdies in the mix.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Stealth

Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh Snap?!

My mother-in-laws folks are from Center, TX and Shelbyville (Just outside of Center, TX on highway 59). Heck, my father is from Marshall (Hwy 59). I even got hit at that Total gas station in 59 & 1-20 back in 1993- by a hit & run driver. I gave the cops the vehicle description (White old model F-150) and the license plate number- and he didn't do jack about it...

Anyhoo, all this time I've been riding through Tenaha (In a black Expedition, with loud pipes, limo tint, and 20" rims), we were tailor made for a stop, if they were singling out black folks to pull over, and take money from. I was just down there in March for a my wife's aunt's funeral.

I guess I'll start taking Hwy 69 frim Lindale, down to 31, and going across that way, to bypass Tenaha, TX (That's the name on the police car shown in the report).

I also found this on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenaha,_Texas

Last edited by Bighersh; 05-11-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yep -- as an unbiased "Yankee" now living in Texas, I can confirm that East Texas is a strange place. It is more "Southern" than "Texan" -- the folks there remind me much more of Mississippi or northern parts of Louisiana in their customs and attitudes than what you find in other parts of Texas.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
holy reefers!

Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
That is what you get for thinking...
good Lord, man, we actually agree on something!

are you stoned again?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
i went to school in east texas. don't remember too much of that sort of thing, though i will say it had the feel of being a little far behind the rest of the state (not that i've lived in the rest of the state - just SATX and DFW).
anyway, there was a comment earlier re "what would we do" - I have felt that one of the disheartening things we learned from the new orleans gestapo during katrina is that the democrats will send their kops to disarm us, they will obey, and nobody will shoot back.

that is not encouraging. in the same way islamic murders are testing our "security" (hard to say with a straight face) procedures, that was a test by those who hate us of how far they can go. i've been saying for a while that the democrats will not obey the law, that was another example of it.

Quick Reply: Don't mess with Texas