Don't resist arrest in CT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by efuehrin
He probably would have been promoted in MO!
I would have promoted him. Just think about it, if a city says they are arn't going to review cases of police brutality when the suspect runs, a lot fewer people would run. I bet half the people run, just to get beat up and sue.

Moral of the story, don't want to get your head bashed in, don't run from the cops.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is, there are cops who abuse their power. That was unnecessary to say the least. Where do you draw the line? The guy obviously wasn't resisting arrest as he was being punched in the side. The law has to be followed by both sides. I will agree though that often times it seems as though the cops have their hands tied and can't do what probably needs to be done but that was too much.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
lol'' and that was me being nice''

Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 PM
lol stop resisting!!! rib shot did you see the arms on that dude lol each hit boy was killed. Really if cops acted like this across the board would ppl be as likely to do the crimes. PPL have no fear of the police due to legal aspects now days.

I know theres cops on here, and Im LE myself sometimes officers get such a big head and they have to be the best. Seems to me this is the exact thing that happened here he ran from the cop, cop tried to block. His block failed and in a way he just failed so he beat the shi outta him for it. The force didn't need him, im sure its running just as good today.

Last edited by Strikeswiftly; 03-19-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Gotta agree with Wittom here---regardless if he ran from them or not, that does not give them free reign to pummel the guy---they do what they need to do in order to subdue him---not take their own frustrations out on him.

Sure, what the guy did was wreckless and stupid--but the police are not above the law, and are held to an even higher standard, correct? Afterall, they REPRESENT THE LAW...it is not what the police WANT TO DO TO THE GUY; is is what the police HAVE TO DO.

Tim C.

Last edited by referee54; 03-19-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
An this is another video to make me not respect the police. I respect the law, but not the people that wear the badge.. There are a lot of officers that do there job well within the limits of their procedure's.. I commend them.. But that is also a abuse of power. If this guy was beat up like that in a fight that cop would have gotten more charges put on him..

This really bothers me that some people on this site says he deserved the *** kicking he got.. When your arms are behind you and 3 officers are beating on you that is uncalled for. Plus to be verbally disrespected like that from someone that we are supposed to look up to is just totally wrong.. I'm glad that cost him his badge..

I do agree that the suspect shouldn't have ran and he should have dealt with the cops right away but that still didn't give them the right to think that they were in the octagon... Like I said before I do respect the law just not the people that try to uphold it.....

James

Old 03-20-2009, 07:46 AM
There is a limit to how much subdueing a suspect requires....
A study has found that after a heightened pursuit and aprehension, police officers react in a manner driven mostly by adrenalin and are not totally accountable for their actions. They get so wound up that they don't realize what they have done...

I think that the officers knew a dash cam was on them so if they acted in malice, why do it in front of the dash cam? That part there doesn't make sense unless they really didn't realize how much they did.

Police officers deal with the scum of the earth day in and day out and to show weakness to the scum is suicide. This is why some of them seem arrogant-they have run into scum that wear 3 piece suits so how can anyone tell the difference these days...?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I think some of you guys need to put your feelings away. "Oh poor kid, he got hit by the cops....he's the real victom." It is a fact that people that run from the cops have something to hide. If I were pulling over someone that had just run from me, I would kick his *** before I found out what he had to hide too.

If the kid had gotten out of his car, he would not have gotten punched in the side and head repeatedly. Personaly responsiablity people, don't want to get beat, DON'T run from the cops its not rocket science.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i dunno, i didnt see the need to try and break ribs. i think beating his face into his own car sufficed.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
It looked excessive to me.

If you run from the cops and endanger a bunch of people and property, you should probably expect SOME rough treatment during the arrest.

Cops should be held to a higher standard, but they are human. You **** them off big time, and they are going to treat you like you pissed them off. Duh.

I'm very pro-law enforcment, but that beating went too far, IMO.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
It looked excessive to me.

If you run from the cops and endanger a bunch of people and property, you should probably expect SOME rough treatment during the arrest.

Cops should be held to a higher standard, but they are human. You **** them off big time, and they are going to treat you like you pissed them off. Duh.

I'm very pro-law enforcment, but that beating went too far, IMO.

Right now after stuff has happened in my life I am against law enforcement BIG TIME... Like I said I respect the law just not the officers enforcing it.. So when I cop is beating you your rights are taking away at that point.. No they are not your rights are never taken away until you are proven guilty, and only your freedom is taken away, nothing else.... Cops should be held to a higher standard, much higher standard.. I know that if you fight back they call that resisting arrest, but in all actuality you are just defending yourself. Just because he is a cop it's called resisting arrest. NOT FAIR... Take that badge off and there nothing... NOTHING... Just PU%%^&^ that hide behind there badge....

James

Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by FX41
I think some of you guys need to put your feelings away. "Oh poor kid, he got hit by the cops....he's the real victom." It is a fact that people that run from the cops have something to hide. If I were pulling over someone that had just run from me, I would kick his *** before I found out what he had to hide too.

If the kid had gotten out of his car, he would not have gotten punched in the side and head repeatedly. Personaly responsiablity people, don't want to get beat, DON'T run from the cops its not rocket science.

The police have a job to do---they do not interpret the law, they enforce it---and they should not deal in the punishment, as well. Yep, the kid did something stupid by running, but as a LEA, you are to act within the the very law you are hired to enforce. You cannot let your emotions (or adrenelin) take over.

You have to remember that you, as an LEA, are not supposed to deal in WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO. IT IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT, AT TIMES. But that is why they are hired; that is why the vast majority of them have spotless reputations.

If what you say is true---then we should allow the LEA to be the judge, the jury,and the person responsible for meting out justice,right? It does not work that way. We do not operate on a vigilante system of justice, do we?

The kid was bad. The cop was bad.

Besides, what you say is incorrect; "if the kid had gotten out of his car he would not have been punched." I teach with a former LAE who has said that you are supposed to stay in the car with your hands visible.

TSC

Last edited by referee54; 03-20-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by referee54

Besides, what you say is incorrect; "if the kid had gotten out of his car he would not have been punched." I teach with a former LAE who has said that you are supposed to stay in the car with your hands visible.

TSC
What I ment was initially when he was getting stopped for the first time. were you thinking that I thought that I thought he should have gotten out after running, that would be a big no no.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Sounds to me like the system worked.

Officer did wrong, Officer was punished. In this case that meant being fired and found guilty of a crime.

Hard to understand why people would condem an entire profession because of a bad employee. Again I say he did wrong and was punished. Thank God the system worked.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Caforddude
Sounds to me like the system worked.

Officer did wrong, Officer was punished. In this case that meant being fired and found guilty of a crime.

Hard to understand why people would condem an entire profession because of a bad employee. Again I say he did wrong and was punished. Thank God the system worked.

Because we all know there a lot more than just one officer that acts this way.. At least once a week I see something on TV about police brutality.. And to me one apple spoils the bunch.. Sorry but like I said I have been on the receiving end of cop hell bent on catching me with something...

James

Quick Reply: Don't resist arrest in CT!