What has Ford changed to the F150 as a result of this site?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 04:53 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What has Ford changed to the F150 as a result of this site?

I saw Bob's F150 thread and I wondered what ford has actually changed since this site has been operating.

I have been a member for 8 months or so, and I remember Steve saying something on the matter. I also know that a huge company really loves feedback from its customers, and this ought to be a gold mine of some sort, I know they are reading some of these threads anyway. Just curious, I hope its not a touchy subject.

------------------
99 Black Lightning
created 8/17/99, bought 9/25/99
#3681/4000
factory tonneau cover
100k mile warrantee, bed/under liner, paint protected
W:L:T ratio
5:2:1

Old 07-21-2000, 10:59 AM
F150online
Founder
Tunda,

If you take a look at the mailing list archives from late-96 through mid-97 I think you may be surprised at some of the discussions on what needed to be changed/fixed in the early (late) model F-150. There was a strong presence of Ford engineers on the list at the time and while Ford did not publicly acknowledge changes were made because of comments there, I imagine some were. Off the top of my head, I think the armrest lock (or anti-coffee catapult lock) came in the '98 model as a result of mailing list feedback...

Steve

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 07-21-2000).]

Old 07-21-2000, 07:35 PM
Angry

It's pretty obvious that they are NOT reading the replies here and and taking corrective action on many problems with these trucks. Many of the 99's and 2000's are having the same problems as the 97's.

Old 07-21-2000, 08:24 PM
I would have to agree with DixieTruck, if they're listenin' they aint hearin'. No mattet how many time I go to a dealer an mention that I know there is a TSB on a particular problem they still say "That's Normal" or "Could Not Duplicate". Dealers aren't going to fix something unless it's blatently broken, cause FMC is not willing to pay the dealers to solve customer complaints. It's my understanding that FMC will only pay on warrenty work, parts and straight labor NO diagnostic time.
Feel free to corect me if I'm wrong, but, I have been to 4 different dealers and they wont fix a thing. I still have:
1. shakey driver's side mirror
2. driveline clunk
Fornunatly those are my only complaints.

Hobbit (still likes his truck but is not sure if he'll ever buy Ford again, too bad Ford, there could have been an expy in my future.)

Ford are you listening?

Didn't think so.

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, still want a Superchip and by golly I'm gonna get one (just as soon and I hit the lottery )

Old 07-22-2000, 12:14 AM
Talking

(or anti-coffee catapult lock) LMFAO Web, LOLOLOLOL

------------------
Boss™

Just Ordered 2001 F-150 Lariat, Oxford White/Silver 4x4, medium graphite leather, SC, SB, SS, 99L 5.4L, 44E tran, 7700# payload, Class III Tow, 3.73LS, Skids, Capts chairs, 4W disc ABS, shift-on-fly, keyless, HD everything
Planned Mods:
"Protected by Smith&Wesson" sticker, Westin Chromed Stainless Nerf Bars, ARE LS II bed cover, Bedrug™, Gibson Swept Side Cat Back, K&N filter w/airbox mods, headers, Superchip, 3" body lift with at least 33's, alarm/pager/auto start system, stereo system

Old 07-22-2000, 12:35 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

I made one comment too many and Ford raised my interest rate.

Old 07-22-2000, 09:25 PM
The door crack issue that has been heavily discussed here could have led to them changing the design so that it wouldn't happen on the newer trucks.

Quick Reply: What has Ford changed to the F150 as a result of this site?