Lost a good friend....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost a good friend....

I woke up this morning, took a shower and got a phone call I never wanted to get.... My best friend in the world, would go anywhere for him if he needed my help. He told me a kid who we graduated with and were friends with shot himself lastnight. I never expected in my 19 years of life I'd have to bury a friend already. Its just a sad day around here. Very unecpected. He never struck me as a kid who would do this. He was always happy.I never saw him depressed. But i keep telling myself the good Lord always always has a reason for taking someones life.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I hate it for you my friend. Lean on your other Buddies and be there for them to lean on as well. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the 'whys' and 'what could I have done'...there are no answers for those questions. Stay strong and keep your head up!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Sad to hear that, man.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I woke up this morning myself to one of those phone calls. My aunt who was like a 2nd mother to me passed away this morning around 5:12am. I can feel your pain.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys. Needless to say today had been one of the coldest days ever. Just getting on facebook and seeing pictures of him is wierd. I'll never get to talk to him again...Its just weird how unexpected things like this seem to happen to the most unexpected people..

Old 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel your pain man. I'm 23 now but my sophmore and junior year i lost two friends, both to car wrecks. My senior year a really good friend of mine mother past away that would do anything for me. I always expected them to sit up at the viewing and say something goofy.

I also lost an uncle who i was extremely close to at age 21. Funerals never get easier.

Sorry to hear

Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Wordreally can't express how much everyone misses him. Basically the whole town knows him and misses him. Ol' Garth Brooks is about to tear me up though...between listening to Garth Brooks and looking at things people have wrote about him on facebook I can't seem to not shed tears... the showing and funeral is going to be hard.. I just hope nobody ever has to go through this. Its got me half scarred about another friend. He is hardcore diabetic and was the closet to this kid here in town. I just hope he doesn't do anything to hurt himself..

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
First off, theres nothing wrong with shedding tears. It helps. Time is the biggest healer in these kind of matters. Try to focus on the good times, the laughs etc. In due time, the hurt will pass bro. Talk to friends, do whatever else it takes to ease the pain. I can relate to your pain, I have have been through this and I could do nothing but cry my eyes out. My friends were the ones who pulled me through it.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by olds442111
First off, theres nothing wrong with shedding tears. It helps. Time is the biggest healer in these kind of matters. Try to focus on the good times, the laughs etc. In due time, the hurt will pass bro. Talk to friends, do whatever else it takes to ease the pain. I can relate to your pain, I have have been through this and I could do nothing but cry my eyes out. My friends were the ones who pulled me through it.
Thats what we are all doing. You know its terrible to say but our whole group from high school(who kind of broke up due to people going off to college, ect) is finally back to being the big group we were. Lastnight we all hung out and watched some football tapes from his senior year(which most of my friends were on the team as well). It'll be interesting to see because my buddy plays football at Indiana State as a wideout (recruited by Purdue and Iowa his junior year) and that was also the position Brad played. It will be nice to see him wear something or play with that much more heart to honor B-Rad since they both grew up playing every sport together. We're all going out to eat lunch today so it should be nice and supportive..

Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing someone, especially someone so young.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear that dude. Thoughts and prayers

Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by 95'F-150
Wordreally can't express how much everyone misses him. Basically the whole town knows him and misses him. Ol' Garth Brooks is about to tear me up though...between listening to Garth Brooks and looking at things people have wrote about him on facebook I can't seem to not shed tears...
It's always sad hearing something like this. It makes one wonder what has happened in ones life for them to go to the extremem of taking their own life. Especially if that person could now see how important they really were to other people.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Quick Reply: Lost a good friend....