Springfield XD 9mm vs. XDM .40 S&W

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was torn between the compact XD 40 and the FNP 40. Ended up going with the FNP and haven't regretted it yet. There are waaaaay more XD owners than FNP so you will get a lot more feedback on them. Had I wanted to pony up the money for the XDm... I might have made a different decision.

If you go to a small range lots of people are friendly and will give you their opinions or even let you shoot their guns. And bigger ranges rent out a lot of guns for you to see what fits best.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by rudeskawn
If you go to a small range lots of people are friendly and will give you their opinions or even let you shoot their guns. And bigger ranges rent out a lot of guns for you to see what fits best.
There aren't a whole lot of ranges here in Raleigh... there's one really close to work, and one a little bit outside of town. I was at the range by work on Monday, but didn't handle any Springfield weapons.

Keep the comments rolling!

- NCSU

Old 01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
I think I'm leaning towards the .40 at this point. What is the difference in recoil b/t the 9mm and .40? My wife has never shot before, so I'm thinking she might be more comfortable with the 9mm.

jrbhc8: How are you liking your 9mm? Put many rounds through it yet? I saw your posts in an old thread about Thumper's XD.

There's a big gun show in town this weekend so I'm going to head over and check out a couple different models.

I'll check out the M&P, any other suggestions?

- NCSU

I Like it alot!! Only shot 200 + rounds so far, but its a tack driver. Going to put another 200 through it this weekend with some buddies. It's a fun gun to shoot.

Quick Reply: Springfield XD 9mm vs. XDM .40 S&W