Found On Road Dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-1999, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well this proves just one thing;
WE'RE ALL A BUNCH OF JUNKIES!
Love my junkie truck, wouldn't think of trading it for something better.
Now the CHIP, that's another story. I'm also getting lousy mileage, and as soon as I can get my foot off the throttle, I'm calling Mike.

------------------
'99 WHITE F150 XLT FlareSide SC 4.2 Auto 3.55, Superchip,
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, White Vtech Sidewinders,
'99 White Styleside Body Side Molding, K&N Air Filter
LOTTA SHOW and SOME GO

[This message has been edited by rmarietta (edited 08-24-1999).]

Old 08-24-1999, 01:27 PM
Well ... I'm not a big fan of these types of threads BUT I do have to say that I'm on my second F150 in a row and the only problems I've had with Ford is with SOME dealer service departments. I think this is an issue that Ford needs to fix to continue getting my money in the future. But even this has been a minor problem for me because I've experienced great realiability with my trucks. I actually did shop around for other trucks - ok, my wife MADE me do that - and in the long run returned to the Ford lot to shell out the cabbage.

So there it is ... spend it wisely

------------------
99 F150 XLT, 4.6L Triton, Auto, Amazon Green, JVC AM/FM/CD, 4 Pioneer TS-A6815s, Dyna Mat, Leonard Fiberglass Shell

Old 08-24-1999, 03:40 PM
I have to agree with Prowler.

I'm not a big fan of these types of threads either. This is my third F series truck. All the Fords have been excellent for what they were purchased for. I have had a GMC that couldn't stay away from the warrenty sevice department (never will I buy a GMC again). And a "new" dodge diesel that likes to shut off and not crank (3 times in the past 2 years)without being towed to the nearest dealer to have a sensor replaced/cleaned.The Dodge will be replaced with a 00 or 01 Super Duty.

But I have the best truck built in the 99 year model (for me).

------------------
99 F150 Lariat SC, 5.4, 3.55 LS, Superchipped, Full Window tint, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Gold, Factory Steps/Towing Package, Rear Slider

Old 08-24-1999, 04:18 PM
Unhappy

Hey runaway,
Ok ,you've crushed a few ba__s and cried our problems off on this site, but it's hard to change a bad atitude and i believe you were born with one.....
If i am wrong on the bad atitude, then tonight b/4 you go to bed , take 2 asprin and a GOOD laxative, you'll surely feel better at the start of the day tomorrow, if not, then your just a "Whiner" or maybe a"weiner"............Thats all 10-4
Dogcam

------------------

97 Lariat s/c 4x2 5.4
all mods off, turning it in for a new 00

Old 08-26-1999, 05:02 PM
All I can comment on is my experiences with Ford and Ford products. I bought my 94 in April of '97 with only 24k miles on it and currently has just under 70k. For two years it was used as a work truck for my landscape and maintenance company, and the last 6 months as a daily driver. It towed, hauled, pulled out tree stumps! and was a true work horse! I have been very happy with it! Had an oil leak that was covered under extended warranty and other than that it has been only maintenance items, Superchip is maintenance right? As for the gentleman that started this post....notice he hasn't come back! Probably a good thing cause he's now driving one of the other big 3, hope to see him in my rear view one day!!

Neal

------------------
'94 F-150, 4.9 6cyl., K&N FIPK, Mangecor 8mm wires. Gibson 3" Side Swept, MSD Blaster Coil. Recently Superchipped! Stereo under construction, 2-10" Rockford Fosgate, 600 Watt Amp. Pioneer head unit, will sound great if it ever gets done! Est. 200 hp 300ft/lb. Torque! Not bad for a straight 6!! New project: '82 Stang, 351 Windsor. I'll keep ya posted.

Old 08-26-1999, 05:33 PM
Can't ignore this thread any lnger. I never dreamed a truck could handle like a car, but mine does. Anyone else know an infantile, outdated way to spell out FORD? I test drove some Z71s I wouldn't trade my F-150 for a boat load of 'em. Two good things about them: They keep people like he who started this topic from owning Fords. They also make my truck look real good in a parking lot

------------------
97 F150 XLT SC, 4X4 ORP Long bed, RHINO Liner

Old 08-27-1999, 04:49 PM
First off, GMC means left over Chevy parts, Chevy means big piece of sh_t, OK. Secondly, the FORDS diesel motor is the best. Every magizine and show I have watched has talked nothing other than praise. As one sticker said that was on a new Powerstroke "The Heartbeat Stops With A Stroke." And as my old windshield sticker used to say "Only Little Boys Wear Bowties." Now if you have problems with FORDS, go find a different web site for whiners or in other words, a Chevy web site!

Old 08-27-1999, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The difference between Ford and Ch**y is that Ford actually IMPROVES their vehicles every year. Shovie still hasn't figured that out yet, IMO.

------------------
'97 XLT Reg. Cab, 4.2V6, 5spd, Superchipped, K&N Air Filter, Lund Deflector, Dash Mat, MagnaFlow Muffler, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Edelbrock Shocks, Duraliner, Extang Saber Tonneau, Bell-Tech 2" Rear Drop, Amer. Rac. Atlas Wheels Clad in 275/60/17 Eagle GTII. Likes straightaways, loves twisties.

Old 08-29-1999, 12:46 AM
Cool

Rather than trying to resolve the minor little problems you have, and they are not that complicated!! All you've been doing is "whining and crying". Well we hope you'll be happy with your dodge or shovie, if not you'll probably whine and cry about that too. ONLY LITTLE BOYS WEAR BOWTIES!!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny, Jardine catback, Airaid, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifier (700 watts) & Eq, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Paxton Supercharger, HID headlight system, Alpine Navigational System, 4.10 or 4.30

Old 11-16-1999, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Anybody see Edmond's latest report?

Old 11-17-1999, 01:41 AM
Exclamation

I have one word for you RUNAWAY.........LOYALTY, I am am a loyal Ford owner and always will be even if the ford come out with a 5 horse Briggs&Stratton bolted in with 1400 oil leaks and if a breeze blew it off the road. If you were a loyal GM or Dodge freek then crawl back in one of them and don't Bitch about the Ford in here.I sure don't want to hear it, and I think I speak for everyone here.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I will give you mine........"It may be someones opinion that Dodge or shovie is the best but it is a FACT that Ford is #1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

------------------
99 F-150 XLT Sport, Black 4x4 4.6L , 3.55 LS,Manual Tranny, K&N air filter, No Muff Exaust system,.999 tuned TPS,Pioneer CD Player,Pioneer GM-X332 Amp,8" Rockford Fosgate Punches, Custom(self done)pinstriping,Wrap around bugdeflecter

Quick Reply: Found On Road Dead