preoccupied fordluver

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-1999, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post preoccupied fordluver

Hi all, I have just shoved my boyfriend away from the keyboard for five minutes. He (fordluver) has been absolutely mezmerized by this webpage and spends about two hours a day reading all of the message boards. Any ideas on what I can do to tear him away? Hey, maybe if I bought him the superchip he's been wanting, at least he would be in the GARAGE for a few hours instead of reading F150online!

Missy

Old 07-19-1999, 09:20 PM
Angry

Nope, Nothing you can do. My wife even threatened Therapy. Nothing works. Give up Now.

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, Superchip, 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog lights, Kc Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3&1/2 Inch Fabtech Lift Kit, 16x8 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 33's

Old 07-19-1999, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

You might have to hit the nearest trash can with the computer. Or get him to sell the truck. Yeah, right!

------------------
'97 XLT Reg. Cab, 4.2V6, 5spd, Superchipped, K&N Air Filter, Lund Deflector, Dash Mat, MagnaFlow Muffler, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Edelbrock Shocks, Duraliner, Extang Saber Tonneau, Bell-Tech 2" Rear Drop, Amer. Rac. Atlas Wheels Clad in 275/60/17 Eagle GTII. Likes straightaways, loves twisties.

Old 07-19-1999, 09:31 PM
How about surprising him with something from Fredrik's of Hollywood ......... if that doesn't work there is no hope.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK. Man, I got it all!

Old 07-19-1999, 10:06 PM
Wink

Missy, the best thing you could do would be to get into the truck-thing with him. Learn all you can about your truck and start spouting facts and specifications about HIS truck. Then get your own name on this site and spend all YOUR time on the web. We do have a few women on this site, and I don't think there's anything sexier than a women who loves her man AND his truck (or, for Tina/Pony/Andthensome, her truck). He'll fall in love with you all over again.

I guess I'm saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Jim

------------------
'99 F-250 LD 5.4L SC XLT 2WD in White/Silver (w/ EVERYTHING 'cept leather and engine block heater) -- added: SnugTop Hi-Liner & carpet kit, Donnelly electrochromatic/compass mirror, K&N filter, SuperWhite 9007 bulbs, IAS shocks, 3" Induction Airbox Mod, more to come... (Westin side bars, cat-back exhaust, electric fan, and Superchip are next)

Old 07-19-1999, 10:40 PM
Wink

i met my boyfriend on f150online and i most definently love his truck!

------------------
'97 f-150 XLT V6 auto 3.55 silver reg cab flareside , 6 cd, Lariat floor mats, tonneau, ground effects, tint, glasspack w/ duals. the heartbeat stops here.

Old 07-19-1999, 11:20 PM
Wink

She only loves the truck, gee, I see how it's gonna be.

------------------
Mudder, Black 98 F-150 4x4 0RP 5.4 s/c, Magnum bug shield,Grizzly
roll bar,4 KC lights,2 Baja lights, Manik grill guard,Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/s, American Racing Baja wheels and a F150 Online sticker. More to come for the Attention Getter: Ramsey winch, 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks. If you would like to see pics, email me at eegmkg@gateway.net

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 07-19-1999).]

Old 07-20-1999, 07:16 AM
Thank you for all of you support! Maybe she will let me spend more time with you all now.
Some JACKA*S rearended me this morning and did a number on my pipes comming out the back, so I will need her to calm me down. Man that burns me up. Can people not pay attention when they are behind the wheel? I am going to go and be pissed off now, and maybe cry (a little) :-(

Old 07-20-1999, 05:04 PM
Lightbulb

I keep the ball w/that heavy duty piece of iron in the hitch. The thing does stick out behind the truck, but that's the point!!! I've been rearended once. I jumped out the truck ready to do battle!! The car bumper was all messed up, but my truck didn't have a scratch Tell your wife that my husband also thinks I spend way to much time here but I always have a hot homecooked meal waiting for him when he comes home. You know men and their stomachs, works for him. Maybe you can think of something else

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 07-20-1999).]

Old 07-20-1999, 05:59 PM
I think you should get him the Superchip, but keep in mind that this will only get him off the computer for about 45 min. to install, and he'll probably spend more time online reading about it. OH but the RIDE he'll take you on afterwards!
Also, if you get to know us, you will find that this web site is one of the "cleanest" places to be on the web.

Tina, the stomach is only second to that other organ

Funny you(sorry, but I forgot your name by the time I typed this) got hit this morning, two people I know and myself included got hit monday. As for my damaage, two words: Towing pakage! Ford triumphs again. Some old gieser backs in to my truck (parked next to me and oversteered while backing out) and was too lazy to get out, so he rolls down the window of his cadillac and says:"I think I tapped your bumper, is it o.k.?" I looked at my bumper (no damage) and saw that the quarter panel of his caddy was dented in, so I did what any Ford Lover would do, and I answered his question. "looks o.k. to me." After he left I started thinking, should I have interpeted his question to mean: "are BOTH vehicals o.k.?"

------------------
98 F150 SC XLT 4.6 V8 Tow Pkg.CHIP,K&N Airbox mod. "Moonlight Blue" Crome Rails and Taillight covers, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Painted Visor and Running boards. Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill. "traffic doesn't get in my way!" LOOK-OUT!

Old 07-20-1999, 06:09 PM
You guys are scaring me. All these stories of people getting hit so far this week. Maybe I need to take my truck and park it in the middle of nowhere, then start guard with a rifle and shoot anyone who tries to get near her. Oh well I'm sure something ironic would happen like I'd accidently shoot my truck.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 07-20-1999, 06:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
andthemsometoo the guy in the caddy got what he deserves don't you think.

Old 07-22-1999, 12:08 AM
Thumbs up

Neighbor had his F150 rear-ended by an Integra. Result was a large crease and hole in the Integra hood along with a cracked front fascia, supposedly $2000 to fix it....his truck had some red paint on the hitch....he scraped it off....we laughed!!

Wayne

Old 07-22-1999, 09:30 PM
Wink

Well, everybody thanks for the advice. I have given up. He's long gone. I did appreciate the humor in some of your replies. My fordluver is pretty upset about getting rear-ended leaving work. So, I am sure you'll all hear a lot from him about trying to get the money from the idiot that hit him (he wants to pay out of the pocket, no cops or insurance involved). Next is a towing package so he won't have to worry about those little fender-benders. Here's a question, can you install a usable hitch on the back if you already have exhaust tips coming out from underneath the bumper???

Missy

Old 07-23-1999, 10:36 AM
Exclamation

Fordluver: I just read your post that you got rearended. Sorry about the truck. i too have been rearended(on the last day of my senior year in high school, no less). Along with the bent tailpipes it chipped the the bottem corners of the fiberglass fenders, beat the bumber all to crap, scratched my tailgate, bowed up the inside of my bed a little and bent my frame. The reason for all this was a TRAILER HITCH (are you listning Tina?)sticking out the back of my truck. The truck that hit me was probably doing 35-40mph before he realized that I had stopped. The perpertrator was a classmate of mine, and while i did not want to kill him, I did seriously maiming him. He offered to pay for all the damages and whatever it took to get the truck back to the way it was before. My truck is now fixed and I have not noticed any difference in tire wear in the three months since then. Several of you will call me an idiot for not having the truck totaled... Well, get in line. The reason I didn't was because I believed that it could be fixed and because I love my Ford truck, It's my first vehicle and although I wouldn't mind a 99 5.4, they don't make the color Moonlight blue any more and i wouldn't take it in any other color. I guess I just a little wierd

Quick Reply: preoccupied fordluver