preoccupied fordluver

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-1999, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leadfoot,

I wouldn't call you an idiot for not totalling out your truck. I got, shall we say, "L"-boned at a four way stop on the front right fender...did some fairly serious damage to it. I had the truck only four months, it was a crappy day, and I blew a stop sign when I shouldn't. It quickly became Ford vs. Chevy....a Chevy Astro van, that is. The Chevy didn't win (but neither did I).

Nobody hurt, other driver actually cool and collected (I tried to be...didn't know whether to cry or shoot myself). I took the truck (it was still drivable..good ol' Ford Tough!) to Service King auto body, a local shop. They did a primo repair job, and gave it a lifetime warranty. My tires wear fine, and the paint matched the factory finish perfectly.

The only thing is an odd "creaking" somewhere on the passenger side whenever I accelerate from a dead stop..but it sounds like it's coming from the rear passenger door area, not the repaired area. Anyone else have that problem?

------------------
Cam

'98 F-150 SC XLT, 4.6L, Bright Red, Red Spray-in Liner, Extang Soft Tonneau, Ford Bug Guard, K&N filter

Airaid pending

Future Mods:
a)Flowmaster
b)Superchip

"The Red Necksnapper"

Old 07-24-1999, 12:18 AM
leadfoot, sorry to hear your truck was hurt. I will agree with you, your blue color is much better than the blue for '99. I wanted your color truck, but I had to settle for the '99 green. Which is not much of a let down, because Ford found a gorgeous green for the '99s.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 07-24-1999, 12:26 AM
Unhappy

Yep, I'm listening. That sounds like a wicked rear-ending too. And I bet you would still have had a lot of damage w/or w/out the hitch. Anyone that runs into a stoped vehical at 35-40mph there's going to be LOTS of damage. I was rearended in my last truck, drunk guy going 80+ (me 55+) Curled my bumper under, bent all the supporting brackets, broke tail-lights,messed up tailgate but my hitch seemed to add support to my frame and they were OK. My 02 is that I will keep the hitch. If it's a minor bumping (which is what you usually see around town) then my beast will have NO Scratches and they will have crappy messed up bumpers.

Old 07-24-1999, 06:22 PM
Red face

Tina: You're right about the damage either way. If I didn't have the hitch i woulda' had to replace taillights, tailgate, bumper, exhaust, fenders, etc.

I'm glad no one was hurt in any of our wrecks.

i was also hit by a Chevy... an 87ish pickup,
I must say that I left quite an impression. The front bumper was in a V-shape and was not replaced until yesterday.

Freezer: I went your site...sweet lookin' truck. I agree with you on the blues, and think that the '99 green looks good too.

[This message has been edited by leadfoot (edited 07-24-1999).]

Old 07-24-1999, 07:13 PM
leadfoot, thanks for the compliment on my truck. Do you have any pics on the web of your blue truck? The color blue you have, I like to think of it as Ford Blue. That's why I was so bummed when I found they changed to that Deep Wedgewood Blue (no offense out there to anyone who has that color). I almost went through withdrawals. My next choice color was silver, 'til I found out Lariats don't come in silver. Then came green. I would have gone red, but my previous car was red and I needed a change.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 07-25-1999, 04:49 PM
Leadfoot, I agree about that perfect shade of blue for two reasons: with a layer of dust on it, from five feet away, it stiil looks shiny as opposed to the "deep wedgwood blue" (which looks dusty or like a dirty black with the same layer of dust on it) and I have that color, which I chose over black, thank god. Althought I respect other peoples choice of color, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes or wax their truck either!

------------------
98 F150 SC XLT 4.6 V8 Tow Pkg.CHIP,K&N Airbox mod. "Moonlight Blue" Crome Rails and Taillight covers, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Painted Visor and Running boards. Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill. "traffic doesn't get in my way!" LOOK-OUT!

Old 07-25-1999, 05:34 PM
WATCH IT !

------------------
99 F150 5.4 4x4 ORP 3.73 styleside deep wedgewood blue ..no mods (yet)

Old 07-25-1999, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't belive all these people who can't see a big F-150 in front of them. Are these people sleeping?

Old 07-25-1999, 08:59 PM
Talking

Freezer: I don't have any pics on the net, yet. But as soon as get a decent picture i'll see if i can get it on here. i agree with it bein' Ford Blue

AndThenSomeToo: I agree with you totally. My truck can be so filthy, but a friend keeps askin' me how I keep it so clean. I love it!

------------------
'97 supercab, flareside, Moonlight blue
4.6, K&N FIPK, custom dual exhaust, Superchip, Progressive rims

Future Possibilities:
SnugTop tonnou
Flowmaster 40 Series
underdrive pullies
'99 front grille & bumper
anything else i can think of to boost performance

Old 07-26-1999, 10:42 AM
Exclamation

54regCab: I actually asked the girl who ran into me that question!! She said "I was planning on stopping" I asked her "yea, like WHEN?" I think I scared her because she wouldn't even get out and look at her car!! OK, I did kind of blow-up at her, but I had my youngest son in the back seat and anyone that I think is trying to hurt my kids is in for it. Oh well, maybe next time she'll stop before using the vehical in front of her as a brake??

Old 10-14-1999, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Here's another one I thought the new members might enjoy

Old 10-14-1999, 04:50 PM
Ahh, the memories

Old 10-14-1999, 05:00 PM
Just goes to show:

Resistance is futile, you will be asimilated!

------------------
David
'99 F150 XLT SC, STYLESIDE
4X4 ORP 5.4L, AUTOMATIC,
139wb, Rhino, K&N,
BugGuard, RainGuards
Superchip

Quick Reply: preoccupied fordluver