Dealer decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-1999, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dealer decals

What is the best way to remove the dealer sticker from my tailgate without messing up my tailgate?(new member and new 99 F-150XLT SC bright red.

------------------

Old 09-05-1999, 10:59 PM
My wife did mine with her fingernails.... And afterwards I just washed and waxed that area. (Note: I did this the first day I got my truck. After the sun bakes em on for a while it gets tougher....)

------------------
keith@myf150.com
http://www.myf150.com
Rocky Mount, NC

1999 F-150 XLT Styleside, Black On Black, SuperCab, Short Bed, 4x4, ORP, 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS

Mods: DrawTite Class III Hitch, Smittybilt Outland Grill Guard/Brush Guards, KC Daylighters, Custom Dual Exhaust-Straight Out The Back, Airaid FIPK, SuperChips Chip, Bug Deflector, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Bed Cover

Old 09-05-1999, 11:20 PM
Cool

I usually use a hair dryer to heat the decal a little then peel right off. The sooner the better.

------------------
1999 F150 Lariat
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield, VentVisors, Class III hitch, Ford molded mud guards, soft tonneau, factory CD with changer (thanks Dusty), tinted windows

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...ton54home.html

Old 09-05-1999, 11:30 PM
Exclamation

I told the dealer I would be driving the truck in a "professional" manner so if he wanted to pay me $50k I would let him advertise otherwise get that ***** off there.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 09-06-1999, 11:02 AM
P38
i also told the dealer no stickers/badges/whatever. (as well as remove the math problem from the bed "Sport 4x4".) i'll keep their license frame as long as the warranty works out. no grief, they just made me tell them twice.

------------------
'99 F-150 XL 4x4 Sport Silver V6 5spd LS 120wb SS 60/40 ConvGrp Hooks Skids A/C AeroCover LouisvilleSlugger TweetieBirdAirFreshener

Old 09-06-1999, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Fortunately my dealer was realately discreet about the placement/ size of dealer sticker.
I didn't even notice it till I read this topic.
I'll leave it on there for now because I had an excellent experience putrchasing my truck, but the front license plate had to go.
The sticker will go to if I ever have problems with the dealer.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?

Old 09-06-1999, 10:34 PM
I used seventeen pound test Stren! My decal was actually metal with a soft foam backing. Just pulled the line through the foam and it popped right off. Pulled some of the bigger foam hunks from the tailgate and took the rest off with an adhesive remover. Pretty simple.

I liked my dealer too but didn't want their name being a pain when I put wax on the beast. Good luck!

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4, Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter and Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd. Rigged the fog lights too.

Old 09-07-1999, 03:03 PM
Hey Kevin, use what the other fellow used in the topic " can I use acetone to remove". That stuff will remove your decal, clear coat, paint, and probably some of the primer..

------------------
Dogcam
dogcam@myf150.com
97 Lariat s/c 4x2 5.4
all mods off, turning it
in for a new 00

dog46cam@webtv.net

Old 09-28-1999, 01:46 AM
Location: Chandler/Queen Creek, AZ You pick as to which town I'm in! Hehe
Luckly for me, the dealer I bought the truck from doesn't put stickers/decals on there vehicles. They just put a license plate w/there name on the front of the vehicles. That sure made me happy to know that I wouldn't have to remove a sticker!!

------------------
99 F-150,XLT, Silver, 2WD, 4.2L, 5spd, RegCab, Shrt WB, Styleside.
Current Mods:Billet grille, Line-X bedliner, 5%window tint all the way around, Alpine CD w/2 MTX Subs & Rockford Fosgate 250w amp. K&N Airfilter. Glasspac w/dual exhaust exits out the back.
Future Mods: Superchip, driving lights, & a custom paint job

Old 09-28-1999, 03:51 AM
Cool

I own a vinyl graphics business, so here goes; Heat the decal with a hair dryer or heat gun on low and peel off the vinyl. Next, to get the adhesive off without hurting the clear coat, use denatured alcohol. It might take a couple of times, but works excellent! Then re-wax the area.

------------------
98 Nastruck, air box mod, tps set, k&n filter, superchip, shaved throttle blade shaft,silencer removed, hellwig rear sway bar, flowmaster, lowered 4", undercover strobe kit, 5" autometer silver face tach, motorsport headers, electric fan, front window tabs, rear glass straps, nascar rear spoiler.........Bluedefens@aol.com

Old 09-28-1999, 08:22 PM
Lightbulb

I remember those dealer stickers when I lived back east. For some reason, out here on "the other coast", there are not very many dealers that use them. Anyway, WD-40 works excellent for removing any adhesives, and it won't damage the finish.
Take care,
-Chris

------------------
'95 Eddie Bauer F-150 SC & '64 Falcon/Ranchero
-------------------------------------
Are you A.S.E. Certified ? If so, ask me about
iATN...the best tool you'll ever have ! ! And it's
free

Old 09-29-1999, 12:13 AM
Tell me guys/gals....most of you from the midwest or east coast? The reason I ask is that I spent the last twenty years or so on the west coast and never saw a dealer place a personalized sticker, decal, or emblem on a vehicle. Just the license plate holder. Now I'm in NM and from what I see I would crucify a dealer that would even consider putting that junk on my new high $$$ vehicle!
I'm in agreement with the one post "if you put it on there pay me $50K for advertising your dealership" Not that I disliked my dealer BUT... Here's an idea, by placing his name on there isnt he being your "sponsor", if so make him trick out your ride for "free"!!!LOL

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 4" rear & 3" front, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Newest E/T at the drags 6/26/99: 14.9sec at 90.4 mph. Billet Badges, Billet Antenna, Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. For photos e-mail me at: whtstuff@aol.com OR my web page at Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html

[This message has been edited by cableguy (edited 09-29-1999).]

Old 09-29-1999, 12:34 AM
I don't have a dealer decal, and based on the "bend over and grab your ankles" speech I got yesterday about the damaged spare tire, it's a good thing cause I'd peel it off and go back and stick it...somewhere! Thank you for the thread, I'd forgotten about the licence plate bracket which will come off tonite..now I just need a place to put it once Its off the truck....

------------------
David
'99 F150 XLT SC, STYLESIDE
4X4 ORP 5.4L, AUTOMATIC,
139wb, Rhino, K&N,
BugGuard, RainGuards
Superchip

Old 09-30-1999, 07:49 PM
Thumbs down

Yes Cable Guy, the local dealers in the midwest and where I lived in PA put their personalized dealer logo on a decal and stuck it on your new vehicle. It's bad enough they put it on, but I've seen many that were not even on straight, That sure say's alot about the dealer. The worst are the ones that put on large chrome emblems similar to what the manufacturer puts on (like the F-150 emblem on our trucks), very dificult to remove. Fortunately I ordered my truck and got it off their lot before they were able to put the decal on.
Jeff

------------------
1999 F150 Lariat
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield, VentVisors, Class III hitch, Ford molded mud guards, soft tonneau, factory CD with changer (thanks Dusty), tinted windows

Menasha, WI

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...ton54home.html

Quick Reply: Dealer decals