Who's for Obama on here

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The funniest SP episode I ever saw, was the one with the gadget that was faster than a car, but cheaper than taking an airplane.

I won't be too graphic with the descriptions, but seeing what the guy had to do to "control" the gadget- then coming back and saying, "Yeah, it's a little uncomfortable, but it's still better than taking an airplane"- I about died laughing...

BH

Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
William Ayers is a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, with whom Barack served on the board of an education-reform organization in the mid-1990’s.
So, you are assuming that Ayers is a reformed terrorist?

Ayers is actually in a more dangerous position now. A professor has much more influence over many more influential, young people than a terrorist does.

You call it smear tactics. I think it's about damn time that the McCain started bringing Obama's associations to the fore front. Maybe Obama was just a boy when Ayres was planting bombs. Obama was/is an adult and Ayers is planting seeds in the minds of young college kids. Obama was a young college kid when he started associating with Ayers. He may not have "palled around" with him but he apparently felt comfortable enough with him to basicly launch his political career with him.

Ayers is fair game. He may have commited terrorist acts years ago but he's still working on furthering his agenda. I think that it's quite possible that Obama is a catalyst in that process. We don't need that in our government.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by wittom
So, you are assuming that Ayers is a reformed terrorist?

Ayers is actually in a more dangerous position now. A professor has much more influence over many more influential, young people than a terrorist does.

You call it smear tactics. I think it's about damn time that the McCain started bringing Obama's associations to the fore front. Maybe Obama was just a boy when Ayres was planting bombs. Obama was/is an adult and Ayers is planting seeds in the minds of young college kids. Obama was a young college kid when he started associating with Ayers. He may not have "palled around" with him but he apparently felt comfortable enough with him to basicly launch his political career with him.

Ayers is fair game. He may have commited terrorist acts years ago but he's still working on furthering his agenda. I think that it's quite possible that Obama is a catalyst in that process. We don't need that in our government.
don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that, you assumed it. I am simply sharing the facts.

He didn't launch his career with him, he was already and up-and-comer. Know how much Ayers contributed ??? How much money ??? No ? Didn't think so. They are such good pals, Ayers contributed a whole $200 to the Obama Campaign in 2001.

I agree, Ayers is fair game, still a posible problem. What does Obama have to do with that ? NOTHING. They know each other ? Guilt by association ? Obama doesn't share his views, doesn't practice his form of "public announcements" (bombings). There is NOTHING that links the two, or shows that Obama will follow him or become a "catalyst". Thats rediculous. You think Obama will take over, then what ? Go on a rampage, with everyone in his grasp ? Guna change everything about the US over night ? Turn us into a strict totalitarian communist state ? you think the people wont have something to say about that ? Heard of the 2nd amendment ? He can't take your guns. You act like we are run by a king, who makes all the rules and laws of the land. Even if he becomes President, he will be walking on egg shells, with everyone looking over his shoulder, and many people trying to kill him, simply because they are afraid of a black man running our country.

You sound worried about corruption in government ???
Got some bad news for you friend...

Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 PM
ayers and obamas associations are fair game to me. i want to get to know the man. just like the ACORN voter fraud crap going on right now and how obama might be tied up in that org. then there is him possibly belonging to "new party" back in the day. add it up along with all the other "associates" he has and it just leaves me with too many questions, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if you will. plus he is starting to sound like a used car salesman with all of these promises he is making lately. can he actually do them? but hey if people want to vote for him more power to them. i just hope they dont vote more than once.

my worry is that we will have obama in the white house and democrats with an filibuster proof majority in the house and senate. then they can do whatever they want with no real checks and balances. i dont think either party should have that kind of total domination. plus there will be empty seats on the supreme court soon. ugh.....

Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Not to excuse Ayers, but there were a BUNCH of pot-smoking, Government and War-Hating American's in the 1960's, and 1970's. There were all kinds of things hapening back then, and lets not exclude the fact that Ayers himself was young & dumb back then.

If he did something really bad, I trust he'd be lecturing in Leavenworth right now.

They played that card last week- it didn't work.

Wonder what's next? The girl Obama kissed when they were in kindergarten, and how that has served to disturb her mentally to this day?

I can tell you, desparation will turn would be voters against McCain. Sooner or later, they'll be like, "They're grabbing at straws- making things up..."

I don't mind seeing Obama's past dug up. I say dig into everyone's past that decides to run for President. I have a problem when people start trumping up BS, trying to make it stick.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Ron Paul

Old 10-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Not to excuse Ayers, but there were a BUNCH of pot-smoking, Government and War-Hating American's in the 1960's, and 1970's. There were all kinds of things hapening back then, and lets not exclude the fact that Ayers himself was young & dumb back then.

If he did something really bad, I trust he'd be lecturing in Leavenworth right now.

They played that card last week- it didn't work.

Wonder what's next? The girl Obama kissed when they were in kindergarten, and how that has served to disturb her mentally to this day?

I can tell you, desparation will turn would be voters against McCain. Sooner or later, they'll be like, "They're grabbing at straws- making things up..."

I don't mind seeing Obama's past dug up. I say dig into everyone's past that decides to run for President. I have a problem when people start trumping up BS, trying to make it stick.
No no no, I already called it. His 1st grade teacher KNEW Huey Newton (black panthers).

Personal favorite was that Hezbollah fist jab BS that went on for awhile. I first heard the media talking about it, and just couldn't help but laugh. Its pathetic.

** As a side note, I saw my first "that one" t-shirt. Has a big pic of Obama's face on it, then right below, in quotes read "THAT ONE" Thought it was pretty funny.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
bighersh if you believe obama and ayers were just neighbors on the same street i can respect that. but i havent been convinced yet that thats all they are. i dont think they hang out in the basement and make pipe bombs either though. i just want to know. and it will take more than one article from the new york times to get me to believe.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
bighersh if you believe obama and ayers were just neighbors on the same street i can respect that. but i havent been convinced yet that thats all they are. i dont think they hang out in the basement and make pipe bombs either though. i just want to know. and it will take more than one article from the new york times to get me to believe.
I personally feel this way. Like I have said, Ayers donated $200 to Obama, thats the only real ties they have together. They both served on a panel together for education reform. They didn't hold hands, or leave in the same car. They didn't even give the hezbollah fist jab, so you know they are not terrorists.

What could you posibily think is going to happen ?? Obama will give power to Ayers ? You think we will become a communist country over night ?

(feel like I am repeating myself over and over, and no one can give me anwers.... only take what i say, twist it into something I did not mean, and go from there )

Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
i just want real answers. not media spin or flatout noncoverage. is that really too much to ask?

if you believe they have no ties mercedestech, thats fine. i personally havent been given sufficient proof to reach the same conclusion yet.

now to suggest we will become communist overnight or that ayers will be director of homeland security or something is a bit silly so no need for me to respond to that.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Wow. And that right there sums up the beliefs of liberals folks. Everyone is a victim, and no one should be held accountable for their actions. It wasn't their fault they chose to do drugs, or hang out with a terrorist...everyone was doing it!

I'm so glad I don't share this sentiment.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
He didn't launch his career with him, he was already and up-and-comer. Know how much Ayers contributed ??? How much money ??? No ? Didn't think so. They are such good pals, Ayers contributed a whole $200 to the Obama Campaign in 2001.

I agree, Ayers is fair game, still a posible problem. What does Obama have to do with that ? NOTHING. They know each other ? Guilt by association ?
LMAO!!!
Michelle Obama asked about Bill Ayers by CNN's Larry King
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008...about_bil.html

<snip>
KING: All right. She said that your husband pals around with terrorists. And she's referring to William Ayers, I guess.

Do you know William Ayers?

M. OBAMA: Yes, yes, yes. Barack served on the board of the Annenberg Challenge with Bill Ayers and --

KING: That was started by the Annenberg family, right?

M. OBAMA: Absolutely. And Mrs. Annenberg, in fact, endorsed John McCain. So, I don't know anyone in Chicago who's heavily involved in education policy who doesn't know Bill Ayers.

But, you know, again, I go back to the point that you know, the American people aren't asking these questions.

KING: You don't think it affects the campaign?

M. OBAMA: You know, I think that we've been in this for 20 months
and people have gotten to know Barack. He's written books. Books have
been written about him. He, like all of the other candidates have been thoroughly vetted. And I think people know Barack Obama.<snip>

Obama doesn't share his views...
How about a $1,000,000 worth?

http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2...s-problem.html
Jump ahead to 2000...In addition to his professoship, Ayers is The Woods Fund board chairman, and a young state senator, who like Ayers is living in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood, is a fellow board member--that person of course is Barack Obama. Why any organization would have Ayers serving on their board (he's not chairman any more, but Ayers is still on The Woods Fund board), is astonishing to me and any other person with common sense. And who'd want to serve with him? That year, Ayers and Obama (who should've abstained) voted to invest $1 million in Woods Fund money into a firm run by a former boss of the then-state senator, Allison Davis. In a different business venture, Davis partnered with Tony Rezko.

...doesn't practice his form of "public announcements" (bombings).
Well, maybe not yet. He hasn't tried to send his Truth Squads, or the teenaged "Steppers"... perhaps Obama will just lead us all in "song"...

There is NOTHING that links the two, or shows that Obama will follow him or become a "catalyst". Thats rediculous.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
i just want real answers. not media spin or flatout noncoverage. is that really too much to ask?
if you believe they have no ties mercedestech, thats fine. i personally havent been given sufficient proof to reach the same conclusion yet.

now to suggest we will become communist overnight or that ayers will be director of homeland security or something is a bit silly so no need for me to respond to that.
Don't we all. Sadly, I think it IS too hard to ask now-a-days. Honest, non-bias news coverage is long gone, from what I see (goes both ways)

Yes, I don't see anything to prove otherwise. It is something I feel certain members are reaching for, out of pure desperation. If they can link him to terrorism, or even put it in people's mind, he will be doomed.

The reason I asked it that way, was because I want to know what your afraid of. Those would be something worth worrying over, but like you said, would be silly. I don't see where the fear is coming from, and am trying to understand. He sat next to this guy on some panel. The guy gave Obama a couple bucks to help with his senate campaign. Maybe he liked Obama, maybe he wanted some kind of change, and thought Obama could provide it. I don't know the reason behind the $200, but lets face it, its chump change.

I am not seeing this "big connection" that needs to be shot down. Its simply false. Its the media taking something, and spinning it the best they can, to get what they want. It is just like all the other smear and slander being used towards Obama. Its false, its out right lies, or its something simple, being taken COMPLETELY out of context.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by S-76
LMAO!!!

How about a $1,000,000 worth?

[/U][/I][/B]

Well, maybe not yet. He hasn't tried to send his Truth Squads, or the teenaged "Steppers"... perhaps Obama will just lead us all in "song"...

Wow, how could I manage to argue with such intelligence. Your that 15 year old kid I argued with before, right ? Back to your video games bud.

Who would want to serve with him ? Perhaps someone interested in the reform of our education system ?

Show me what they voted on. Not from your lips, but the actual ENTIRE (something the republicans seem to be leaving out more and more) bill calling for that money. I would like to see why he voted, not just take his vote and spin it into sounding however you like.

Ayers has contributed a TOTAL of $200 to Obama. Period. Its fact, its on record, check it out.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 10-09-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Looks like there's another terrorist name being thrown around out there; Rashid Khalidi. He was at one time associated with the PLO and more recently with Obama. There's some doubt in the minds of Jewish voters about Obama's support for Israel. Looks like there's also an Ayers/Khalidi connection as well:

In 2000, the Khalidis held a fundraiser for Obama's unsuccessful congressional bid. The next year, a social service group whose board was headed by Mona Khalidi received a $40,000 grant from a local charity, the Woods Fund of Chicago, when Obama served on the fund's board of directors.

At Khalidi's going-away party in 2003, the scholar lavished praise on Obama, telling the mostly Palestinian American crowd that the state senator deserved their help in winning a U.S. Senate seat. "You will not have a better senator under any circumstances," Khalidi said.

Quick Reply: Who's for Obama on here