Cellular Carriers in Canada Now Charging for Incoming Texts!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice"

Check the fine print, It's there. This is just another one of their covers. Cell companies are some the most greedy SOBs I've done business with.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
We are on T-Mobile. If you don't want any text messages, all you have to do is sign in to their website, pull up your account and turn off text messaging. T-Mobile was charging $.25 per message and I was getting tons of spam. This stopped it cold and I'm not out money for crap I don't want.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Rogers and I've never been charged for incoming text's. I've also never had a text plan. For the odd time I send texts I can handle the .15 cents per text. I could add a text plan for 4 bux but I never get up to 4 bux worth of texts in a month.

I think Rogers is the only Canuck carrier that doesn't charge for incoming texts.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
I'm with Rogers.

I think Rogers is the only Canuck carrier that doesn't charge for incoming texts.
That's because Rogers cater's to a predominantly GAY demographic, and they don't want to risk losing their customers.

It's a known fact that "people of the GAY", have been alienated all their life, and Rogers, due to their "Federal Sensativities" mandate, has cleared a vision for the future by not further exposing GAY people to unwarranted hardships.

Kudos to Rogers for taking the high road.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Everyone is so shocked Bell and Telus could do this...

Yet 6 years ago when my family bought our phones I looked around. I knew Texting (SMS) was going to be very popular and so i went with the cheapest provider.
Rogers was the only carrier offering free incoming.

Bell and Telus finally added free incoming texts to gain market share back but now seem to have added it to plans that do not make them enough money.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Habibi
That's because Rogers cater's to a predominantly GAY demographic, and they don't want to risk losing their customers.

It's a known fact that "people of the GAY", have been alienated all their life, and Rogers, due to their "Federal Sensativities" mandate, has cleared a vision for the future by not further exposing GAY people to unwarranted hardships.

Well, you know how it is. When you're the biggest and badest carrier in the country, all the little people will try to shoot you down.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Habibi

1st off.... you make fun of rogers, a company who doesn't charge incoming texts.... yet you bitch about companies that charge incoming texts... way to go.

2nd.... GSM rules over CDMA any day in any country.

Good day

Old 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by crashtheline
Everyone is so shocked Bell and Telus could do this...

Yet 6 years ago when my family bought our phones I looked around. I knew Texting (SMS) was going to be very popular and so i went with the cheapest provider.
Rogers was the only carrier offering free incoming.

Bell and Telus finally added free incoming texts to gain market share back but now seem to have added it to plans that do not make them enough money.
Not to mention, Bell Mobility and Telus don't even work in my kitchen nevermind countless areas in the rest of the province.

Enjoy your POS Belus, Habby ole boy

Old 08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
1st off.... you make fun of rogers, a company who doesn't charge incoming texts.... yet you bitch about companies that charge incoming texts... way to go.

Good day

Ah, this is sweet!

Telus and Bell don't hold a candle to Rogers. Hey, Rogers has it's customer service issues, but at least my phone works when i need to use it..lol

Last edited by last5oh_302; 08-25-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm with Roger's baby FIDO. Only reason i like it is because of my Unlimited plan they had on for 2 weeks when rogers bought them out.... kinda outta spite.

Unlimited Local Calling (anywhere in canada)
Free incoming calls when you are roaming anywhere in canada
Use of rogers extended network
750 US/Canada long distance minutes

Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Not to mention, Bell Mobility and Telus don't even work in my kitchen nevermind countless areas in the rest of the province.

Good day
Ole' innocent Habibi sheds a little light on the Rogers carrier, and people get their nose out of joint a bit.

It's ok fellas, no need to put your backs against the wall, we're all friends here (even people who are on the GAY carrier)

and besides, it's not like there's anything wrong with that.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
As a younger guy, the term gay now means unpleasant or stupid (not related to homosexuality).

So you are calling Rogers stupid and defending the company that has 4 out of 5 toes up your...

I'm not on rogers but i would HATE to be on bell or ESPECIALLY telus....cringe

Old 08-25-2008, 12:29 PM

It is the opposite in Alberta, Rogers sucks in all rural areas of the province and only works well near large centres. Telus works in the middle of freaking no-where northern Alberta.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Habibi used to be with Rogers.

I think he now sees that 1. he's still gay 2. he really **** up when he switched to Telus

Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
As a younger guy, the term gay now means unpleasant or stupid (not related to homosexuality).
As a older guy, GAY just means GAY.

Last 5oh is our resident older guy, he can explain it to you much better than I can, plus he's on Rogers, so he has an initmate understanding of all things GAY.

Habibi used to be with Rogers.
:
- just had to let my secret out eh? What I ever do to you?

Originally Posted by cndcowboy
It is the opposite in Alberta, Rogers sucks in all rural areas of the province and only works well near large centres. Telus works in the middle of freaking no-where northern Alberta.
Like my good friend 5oh pointed out, I was on Rogers (during their pre-GAY era)
It's exactly like you say in Kingston.
In tghe centre of town, the service worked great, but once you were anywhere outside, forget it.

I live 8 klicks north of town, and if I was in the basement, I had to stand right against the window to make a call, with Telus, it works crystal clear everywhere.

Truth be told, all the carriers are gouging ***** with only one objective...nickle and diming you to death.

Quick Reply: Cellular Carriers in Canada Now Charging for Incoming Texts!