OK new topic.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tumba
I had to ask my wife to look at that one, then I did an image search.
Who was running that company then? I think that was before Iaccoca.
They must have built that one the year they were bailed out by the good ole US government.~~ I keep forgetting, we paid that bill.
That is one ugly car , chic magnet.
Iaccoca took over Chrysler in 79'

Old 08-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by po1911
Iaccoca took over Chrysler in 79'
Ouch!!
Then came the bail out. Somebody got rich

Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I think the most disappointing revival would be the Hemi Challenger. It was pitted against the 4.6 Bullit in a test I saw. The Hemi was just barely able to stay in front of the Bullit and of course the ravings of the writer were absurd at best. But the fact that the much larger Hemi was being pressured by a lowly 4.6 was laughable to me. The Challenger is just an over weight pig with a joke for a power plant. There was a day when having a muscle car meant having one of the fastest cars on the street. Today, a Hemi can have it's doors blown off by a ricer four banger. I can only assume the guys that are paying $60,000. for these early cars must like the sound of one. It certainly isn't a muscle car.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I think the most disappointing revival would be the Hemi Challenger. It was pitted against the 4.6 Bullit in a test I saw. The Hemi was just barely able to stay in front of the Bullit and of course the ravings of the writer were absurd at best. But the fact that the much larger Hemi was being pressured by a lowly 4.6 was laughable to me. The Challenger is just an over weight pig with a joke for a power plant. There was a day when having a muscle car meant having one of the fastest cars on the street. Today, a Hemi can have it's doors blown off by a ricer four banger. I can only assume the guys that are paying $60,000. for these early cars must like the sound of one. It certainly isn't a muscle car.
I would add to that,but then I'd have to edit