Pioneer receiver has no sound output

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer receiver has no sound output

I have a Pioneer VSX-D510 5.1 receiver. It's 7 or 8 years old but has always worked well and fits our needs. The last time I had it on was a couple weeks ago listening to FM. Turned it on last night to listen to a movie and no sound. I figured something just got un-plugged so forgot about it until today. After checking it today I find I have no sound coming out from any component including FM/AM receiver. I can play the test tone you use for setting up the speakers so I know my speakers are hooked up. I just get nothing out of it besides that. Also tried plugging in headphones which didn't work either.

I've tried un-plugging all inputs and try just FM. No sound. Then tried one input at a time and still no sound. Any ideas? Just time for a new one?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Suspended
Larry, sorry I can't help you with your question, but that reminded me of my 1974 Kenwood KR4400 stereo reciever. Last time I used it-last summer- it still worked like new. All the bulbs in the tuner window still work. Someday I'm going to write to Kenwood and tell them about my antique. Good luck with your receiver!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I would be happy if this one lasts that long. I'm stumped at the moment. I'll pull it out of the cabinet tomorrow and try it on my workbench. If nothing comes of it I may just take it to the electronics guy in town. It almost seems like it's just stuck on Mute or something although I've been over all the buttons on the remote and the receiver several times.

Quick Reply: Pioneer receiver has no sound output