Football Season

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzstang
49ers! Yea I know they stink and I don't think much will change this year either. I still like to watch.
Good man! Die hard 49ers fan here!! I have season tickets (my family has had these seat for 50 years!).

So our $49 million Alex Smith...not even starting right now (as of preseason)...thoughts?

Suspended
Originally Posted by RockPick
It should be another fantastic year of Miami Dolphins football
Adn Miami got rid of Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. What the hell is the Tuna thinking!

Let's do it...

and hey the Dolphins got 1 win last year....against who again

Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go Steelers and Nittany Lions.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Suspended
Florida !! Although GA is going to dominate this year ... I'm actually looking forward to seeing them play well. I know that sounds weird but I have a feeling they are going to dominate the field. NFL? I'm a Dolphin fan but I think I'm going to become a Jag and Buc fan, screw the 'phish, they can't do chit right.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigMan
me me me me me me me me

Interesting, since both teams play each other this year. GO KNIGHTS!!!!1

Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Florida !! Although GA is going to dominate this year ... I'm actually looking forward to seeing them play well. I know that sounds weird but I have a feeling they are going to dominate the field. NFL? I'm a Dolphin fan but I think I'm going to become a Jag and Buc fan, screw the 'phish, they can't do chit right.
You cant just change teams. At young age the true fan feels the love for his team from within and he cant do nothing about it.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BlueFlareside
Interesting, since both teams play each other this year. GO KNIGHTS!!!!1
I grew up a hurricanes fan and wanted to go to shcool there. It was WAY out of my price range so I went to hometown UCF and actually played a season in 1994 as a linebacker. Didnt get any playing time but I was on the team. Thats going to be a great game to watch. Either way I win and loose at the same time.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Texas Tech Red Raiders! Wreck 'em!
&
Dallas Cowboys

Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Good man! Die hard 49ers fan here!! I have season tickets (my family has had these seat for 50 years!).

So our $49 million Alex Smith...not even starting right now (as of preseason)...thoughts?
I miss a lot of information on the team being in Canada. They want to push the CFL on us here.

I thought I saw somewhere he had a sore arm. I would think once the season starts he will be the number one guy. They have so much money in him they really have to give him the job. I would like to see him really grow into the quarter back we need. He will have to improve drastically this season to be taken seriously, I think most people are starting to question if he has what it takes.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMan
Adn Miami got rid of Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. What the hell is the Tuna thinking!
You're preaching to the choir, bud.

I've said it publically a few times now... Tuna is due for a failure - I think it's rapidly approaching.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect to be Division champs this year but, I did think we may win 3 - maybe 4 - games. I'm not thinking that it'll happen now, honestly.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Thanks for Zack Thomas. He reminds us older farts of Leroy Jordan. That's a good thing!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I thought I saw somewhere he had a sore arm. I would think once the season starts he will be the number one guy. They have so much money in him they really have to give him the job. I would like to see him really grow into the quarter back we need. He will have to improve drastically this season to be taken seriously, I think most people are starting to question if he has what it takes.
I agree. We put up with him last year, Hill came on late and did a great job. The pressure is really on Alex. This season is going to say a lot about his future.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I miss a lot of information on the team being in Canada. They want to push the CFL on us here.

I personally think its time for the 9ers to cut there losses. He is a horrible quarterback, plain and simple. Watch his footwork, its like that of a Pop Warner kid. He is a baby. Simply pit, he is a $50 million dollar mistake.

Oh, and it was Sean Hill with the sore arm (A. Smith's back up)

Old 08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Thanks for Zack Thomas. He reminds us older farts of Leroy Jordan. That's a good thing!
He's a die-hard. He'll give everything on the field and then find more to give. It was a joy and a pleasure to watch both he and Jason Taylor while in a Miami uniform... Those guys really are the true epitomy of great players (and good guys too -- heck, JT won the Walter Peyton NFL Man of the Year award last year which is based around participation and community involvement).

Both are getting a bit older and maybe they don't have quite what they used to but, both as ALL PRO players, they'll still be able to put a hurting on some O-lines and the Qback.

Quick Reply: Football Season