Guess who's enjoying global warming on his new houseboat...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BHibbs
So it sound like there are still many here trying to Deny Global warming. Accept it people, it's REAL. It's Verfiably Proven with Documented FACTS. Al Gore didn't must make this stuff up..
He didn't make up the facts...except in his documentary, which was factually inaccurate in several areas.

Grim

Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Suspended
whether or not global warming is real that is not the argument here

the FACT that algore is a hypocrite is undeniable, this liberal butt plug consumes more energy and has a larger "carbon footprint" than many small countries and consumes, far more than ten average family's, yet is telling me I am evil and should have to buy carbon credits for my pick up, puhleese!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Suspended
people like Al Gore make me sick.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Meteorologists cannot predict a 10 day forecast perfectly...yet these environmentalists (most of which have NO scientific credentials) can predict the climate decades into the future.

Strange.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Suspended
Its easy to predict the future if you invented the internet.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I am predicting global warming will decline after the elections. Politician's spew a lot of hot air!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Suspended
I wish I had nothing better to do with my life than complain about a persons life and hypocrisy that effects me in no way. A lying politician? NO WAY!?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Accept it people, it's REAL.
Perhaps it is REAL. The question really is, is it caused by mans exsistance, and can we actually do anything about it?

No North Pole ice for 1st time in human history?
Human history? How long is that? We've got accurate records to verify this? It might sound convincing at first, but once you take thirty seconds to think about it, human history is a blink of an eye to our planet.

For the first time in human history arctic sea ice could break completely apart at the North Pole this year, allowing ships to sail over the normally frozen seascape.
"Could" break completely apart? You "could" vote for McCain this election too. Doesn't mean that it'll happen. Even if it does, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't have happened without the exsistance of man. Not to mention, if the ships could sail through there they would use less fuel to get to their destination compaired to before.

"Symbolically it is hugely important," "There is supposed to be ice at the North Pole, not open water." .
Symbolically? Now that's scientific. Who decided that there is "supposed" to be ice at the north pole and not open water? Man? Wow, aren't we a little arrogant?

There is no land at the North Pole, but as long as anyone has looked, it has remained a giant block of ice year-round.
Again, how long have people been looking? Have they always seen the ice recede, or has it ever accumulated? History is a lot longer than the exsistance of man.

Facts you say? Perhaps they are facts. It's become clearer with every passing day, especially here in the USA, that the media is good at one thing. Arranging certian facts to reflect an opinion. I could present facts about the F150 that make it look like a big hunk of turd. Or I could do the opposite. If you look at all of the facts or look at them with proper perspective, you're conclusion might differ from that of the person presenting the facts.

That Nova program on PBS didn't have one person on there who disputed what they were claiming. That's a problem. There is plenty to dispute on this topic. We're only hearing half of the discussion. That's why some of us don't want to throw our tax dollars at something that very may well be a natural occurrence.

There is no disputing that Gore is a hypocrite, just as most of the left in this country, and beyond, are. Is it really that some of us deny global warming, or that some of you have been caught, hook, line and sinker?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by alomar
I wish I had nothing better to do with my life than complain about a persons life and hypocrisy that effects me in no way. A lying politician? NO WAY!?
Sad, but true. This is pretty much it for the night.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it sound like there are still many here trying to Deny Global warming. Accept it people, it's REAL. It's Verfiably Proven with Documented FACTS. Al Gore didn't must make this stuff up..

Oh, BTW, the North Pole is melting away too...

No North Pole ice for 1st time in human history?

2008-06-27 15:37:35 Print

-- For the first time in human history arctic sea ice could break completely apart at the North Pole this year, allowing ships to sail over the normally frozen seascape.

The potential landmark thaw is a stark sign of global warming, according to an article Friday on the website of the The Independent, a London newspaper.

"Symbolically it is hugely important," said Mark Serreze of the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado. "There is supposed to be ice at the North Pole, not open water."

There is no land at the North Pole, but as long as anyone has looked, it has remained a giant block of ice year-round. Scientists have been watching Arctic sea ice melt more and more each year. But each summer in recent years, the amount of ice has gotten thinner and thinner. Each winter's freeze, therefore, results in a thinner pack that, this summer, could melt altogether.
Ok.. just heard on the news tonight... there was found in the ice,well above the artic circle, the remains of a creature that needs significant warmth to live. Obviously, the artic circle was a lot warmer at some time in history. shove that up your liberal kazoo bhibbs.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Global warming is a cash cow.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
Perhaps it is REAL. The question really is, is it caused by mans exsistance, and can we actually do anything about it?

Human history? How long is that? We've got accurate records to verify this? It might sound convincing at first, but once you take thirty seconds to think about it, human history is a blink of an eye to our planet.

"Could" break completely apart? You "could" vote for McCain this election too. Doesn't mean that it'll happen. Even if it does, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't have happened without the exsistance of man. Not to mention, if the ships could sail through there they would use less fuel to get to their destination compaired to before.

Symbolically? Now that's scientific. Who decided that there is "supposed" to be ice at the north pole and not open water? Man? Wow, aren't we a little arrogant?

Again, how long have people been looking? Have they always seen the ice recede, or has it ever accumulated? History is a lot longer than the exsistance of man.

Facts you say? Perhaps they are facts. It's become clearer with every passing day, especially here in the USA, that the media is good at one thing. Arranging certian facts to reflect an opinion. I could present facts about the F150 that make it look like a big hunk of turd. Or I could do the opposite. If you look at all of the facts or look at them with proper perspective, you're conclusion might differ from that of the person presenting the facts.

That Nova program on PBS didn't have one person on there who disputed what they were claiming. That's a problem. There is plenty to dispute on this topic. We're only hearing half of the discussion. That's why some of us don't want to throw our tax dollars at something that very may well be a natural occurrence.

There is no disputing that Gore is a hypocrite, just as most of the left in this country, and beyond, are. Is it really that some of us deny global warming, or that some of you have been caught, hook, line and sinker?

I don't think there's much controversy over this one. The ice is melting off the North Pole and it's Never happened Since MAN has existed.

It's just more evidence of Global warming, which people Finally seem to be accepting.

I can understand the controversy of WHAT is causing the global warming. That is a Legitimate arguement...

It just boggles my mind that there are still a Few out there (albeit the vast Minority now) that still refuse to accept that it's Actually Happening...

Moving on though, I can't help but believe that Mankind has Some influence on this.

All the Volcanos in the World Combined emit at Most 250 Million Tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.

We emit more than 30 BILLION tons Each Year.

Again, just the facts...

Old 08-09-2008, 10:41 AM
BS hibbs. One eruption of mt. st. helens put out more CO2 than man ever has. CO2 is such a small portion of the atmosphere that it is no way causing any warming. You could increase it 100 times and all you'll see is greener plants. Water vapor is much more a green house gas. How about sun activity? Why is mars and neptune getting hotter at the same time as earth? Last I knew, we didn't have any factories or people there. There is to much evidence that man has no effect. The ultimate in arogance.. man thinks they are more important than they are in worldly things.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by chris1450
BS hibbs. One eruption of mt. st. helens put out more CO2 than man ever has. CO2 is such a small portion of the atmosphere that it is no way causing any warming. You could increase it 100 times and all you'll see is greener plants. Water vapor is much more a green house gas. How about sun activity? Why is mars and neptune getting hotter at the same time as earth? Last I knew, we didn't have any factories or people there. There is to much evidence that man has no effect. The ultimate in arogance.. man thinks they are more important than they are in worldly things.
The nutrino's emitted from the sun is a big factor for the warming of all the planets.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
From whast I have herd there is volcanic activity under the north pole .saw this on a tv show a few weeks a go .

Quick Reply: Guess who's enjoying global warming on his new houseboat...