What is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is going on?

I cannot log into my account - I had to reset my pass like 2-3 hrs ago to get into it (no, I didn't forget my password - it wouldn't let me use it). Now I tried again and it will say it's redirecting me and it brings me to the forums main page but I'm logged out And pass. reset doesn't work I even deleted my history/pass/cookies/etc thinking that may help.

Login is wrobo23

I hope someone fixes this crap - this site is slow, advertising is horrible, and now I can't even get into my account. Yes, I created a new account just to get in to ask for help. Lame.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While it'd be terribly hard for me to argue that the site has been slow and generally sluggish as of late, I would tend to suggest that pissing, moaning, and going on and on about how everything sucks probably isn't the 'best' way at trying to obtain help.

Also, I should note that you're the ONLY person that has reported this condition in the past -- well -- several months so, I'm pretty sure that it's on your end of the stick rather than ours...

Even with all of that said, I'd be happy to try to get you back on and rolling... It still sounds like a cookie problem but, hard to say from being on this end of that 'stick'. Just for giggles, try clicking 'log out' once more and leave the site. From there, go in and again clear your cookies and cache. Then come back to the site and attempt to login with your password and username.

Hang with me for a moment... I'll go check on what I can check on and will post back shortly.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Moderator &

Okay... seeing what I can see, you're in good standing, registered, and there's no hold ups (like awaiting email confirmation or anything like that)...

My gut hunch is that it's still a cookie issue... please try the aforementioned stab at trying to get you in the door. If it doesn't work, post back. We'll get you in the door with no cover charge...

-RP-

Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It happens to me. Log in as usual even though it looks like you're not, hit a forum and it'll say you're logged in. It's some sort of glitch with the site.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Moderator &

I've never seen that one nor have I heard of it... news to me.

Please post this observation in QATS so that the IB ppl can be aware of the potential VB problem.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
It's happened to me also but on a different computer (meaning a secondary machine)

Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome upgrade.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ian51279
Awesome upgrade.
Lots of help, ian. Most appreciated. We're all so graced by your presence.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
It happens to me. Log in as usual even though it looks like you're not, hit a forum and it'll say you're logged in. It's some sort of glitch with the site.
x2.. going on 2days now.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Lots of help, ian. Most appreciated. We're all so graced by your presence.
If no one brings these problems to light how will anyone know to fix them. Alot of us are tired and fed up with the so called upgrades here. I didn't know this was your dictatorship and we're not allowed to talk or **** and moan about the problems here.

With a company like Internet Brands, these upgrades should be alot better. At least that's what I expect from a "leading Internet media company".

Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Yep, the same thing happen to me a couple of times today, I first thought it was also my browser/cookies and deleted them but still had the same problem

Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If no one brings these problems to light how will anyone know to fix them. Alot of us are tired and fed up with the so called upgrades here. I didn't know this was your dictatorship and we're not allowed to talk or **** and moan about the problems here.

With a company like Internet Brands, these upgrades should be alot better. At least that's what I expect from a "leading Internet media company".
I think RP was only returning some of the sarcasm, Ian.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Moderator &

Nah, it's not my 'dictatorship', Ian. Far from it. Great way to put it though... a master of words, you are.

You know, there are lots of other places to find a home other than through the Humane Society. At least that's what Snoopy told me after talking to Lassie one day...

Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Moderator &

Hey wrobo23... I'd like to subtly add that nothing has been upgraded, tweaked, soldered, or otherwise screwed with today. It's Saturday and all the 'powers that be' are at home with their 2.5 kids or surfing the waves off the coast of Los Angeles.

What I'm getting at is that you posted earlier today - have you installed or upgraded anything on your end today? I'm still leaning towards cookies as the problem... Quick! Send milk.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Suspended
No log in issues for me, and im logged in on two computers at home and 7 at work.