they cut my internet off cause I was seeding MS office. lol
really now styx?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well since you already have a copy send it my way

Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Graphics Contributor
i would never touch movies. That's the biggest thing they are going after now.

Good luck. Hopefully at worst they cut your internet off, of course unless they do nothing.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
Settle down Quintin. If you're lucky I MIGHT burn in hell...
See you there, my corner suite is already reserved.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
See you there, my corner suite is already reserved.
what a douche

Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Here is what I think it means. The RIAA or whatever organization is the watchdog for movie piracy has identified an illegal download. They investigate and determine what ISP owns the block of IP addresses that the offender is part of.

They then send the ISP a notice that they have detected illegal activity originating from their network. They make scary demands about 'the ISP has to turn over the information' that will identify which customer is associated with the suspected IP address.

The ISP in turn does a CYA move for their own protection. They send you that notice, which reminds you of the rules you agreed to obide by when you signed up for their service. What they are really saying with that email is "if the RIAA comes to us and wants to know who had that IP at the time of the download, we are going to tell them".

So unless the RIAA pursues this particular case, you have probably nothing to worry about. If they do, then who ever is signed up as the primary account holder (your Dad?), the RIAA may come after them. I hear they go after about 5% of the illegal DL's they track, so your odds are pretty good.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:32 AM
hey, just use peerguardian if you're using xp, there isnt a version for vista yet. it's like a condom for media pirates, lol.

umm, it just simply is a database of ip's that it wont allow your computer to connect to or them to connect to you

Old 07-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Do some "googling" on how to protect your torrent downloads. I wont explain here, but there is a ton of info on how to protect yourself.. and yes.. it does work.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 AM
if i did that kind of thing i would find an open wifi and enjoy.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Suspended
Here's my question... Why go after the pothead, and not the dealer? Remove the supplier and thusly, curb demand. Am I missing something?

Old 07-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Usenet.....convert to Usenet !!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Here's my question... Why go after the pothead, and not the dealer? Remove the supplier and thusly, curb demand. Am I missing something?
Thats how limewire works, or at least those going after limewire users. The uploaders get in trouble or caught. Downloaders do not. It really does make more sense to go after the uploaders not the downloaders. You can catch all the downloaders you want, but as long as media is still being uploaded its a never ending cycle.

Is talking about illegal downloading prohibited from the boards, or is everyone affraid big brother watching?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
Usenet.....convert to Usenet !!

X2!

Usenet is far far safer than anything else. I run a 256 bit encrypted connection that uses a different port than the port 80 websites use so I get the downloads faster and no prying ISP can see what I'm downloading. I generally can get a full movie in about 30 minutes in near DVD quality or crappy cams. Of course I pay for any good movies down the road on Blueray/HD/DVD because I want it to look good on my home theater. Beats the hell out of going to the theater spending $40 opening day just to find out the movie really did suck *****.

Originally Posted by alomar
Is talking about illegal downloading prohibited from the boards, or is everyone affraid big brother watching?
I honestly don't know. Most forums are ok with it as long as you don't give specifics on how to do it. But google is helpful in filling in the blanks.

Last edited by Impact9; 07-27-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Do NOT Download New Batman Movie