You Ain't Gonna Like Losing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
I was answering the major point of the original post,
i.e. (Bushs' mistake was misjudging Americas' backbone)
All he had to do was look at his own record.
You make snarky comments about Bush's record. How is yours better? Seriously, that isn't a rhetorical question. Why do you consider yourself an expert.

Bushs' record is plain, I'll run on mine. Use the search 2002/2003 right in here good ole GD.

If Bush was wrong...? Convince you?
My friend, it's 2008. How could I possibly convince you at this point.
You do realize that the unwinnable Iraq war is near won, correct? That those 10,000 US fatalities predicted by the media never happened and never will? That the democratically-elected Iraqi government has control over the vast majority of the country and is gaining ground every day? That 15 of the 18 benchmarks for the Iraq government have been met? That more US troops are going to be pulled out in September as part of the continuous drawdown? That (if Obama will shut the hell up) we have the opportunity to establish a US base in a democratic Middle Eastern country?

Bush has accomplished in Iraq what many said was completely impossible just 18 months ago. So yes, I would like you to convince me that whatever you've done in your life is somehow superior to President Bush's service in the Air National Guard.

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by referee54
Well, "W" did a very good job of keeping the Great Red Horde out of Alabama---from what I know of the Crimson Tide State, there are absolutely no Commies to be found there---I did hear a few snuck into Louisiana, though...of course, it wasn't duirng his flight time.

TSC
Same question for you that I asked Raoul. If military accomplishment is what you are looking for in a President, McCain wins hands down.

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Please explain. What part is fiction?
Mostly what Bush's mistake was. That diatribe sounds as though poor Bush was the victim. That's fiction. His biggest mistake was invading a sovereign nation that never posed a threat to us. Taking troops away from Afghanistan, where the a-holes that hit us on 9/11 were, and focused on Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. He had his info cherry picked, and ignored everything else. He made the world a more unstable place, and borrowed from China to pay for it. He used a national tragedy to gain more power, violating the constitution along the way.

Other than that, not much.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Suspended
GRIM

Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Grim
Same question for you that I asked Raoul. If military accomplishment is what you are looking for in a President, McCain wins hands down.Grim
Well, you probably didn't like John Kerry much, didja---at least he was there---regardless of what he did or didn't do. W---well I think that if he would have spotted some of those commies tryin' to infiltrate those lovely southern states' airspace, well, he might have unleashed a few Genie missiles from his F-102 on those nasty reds' sorry behinds.

Ya know what Genie missiles can do, doncha?

TSC

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
You make snarky comments about Bush's record. How is yours better? Seriously, that isn't a rhetorical question. Why do you consider yourself an expert....
Oh, so only experts are to comment here? I thought it was a truck forum.
...You do realize that the unwinnable Iraq war is near won, correct?....
That's Great News!

The war has been a long 63 months.

Lets' see....5 months till inauguration, plus the 16 month Obama withdrawal timeline equals another 21 months.

63 months + 21 months = 84 months Total war length.

"...war is near won." is what, 75% complete?
This works out great then 63 months(75%) complete and 21 months(25%) to go.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh, so only experts are to comment here? I thought it was a truck forum.
Nope, anyone can comment. You made light of his experience, so I gave you the opportunity to demonstrate yours. Call it an "anti-Jon Stewart" mentality. Snarky comments do not analyst make.

That's Great News!

The war has been a long 63 months.

Lets' see....5 months till inauguration, plus the 16 month Obama withdrawal timeline equals another 21 months.

63 months + 21 months = 84 months Total war length.

"...war is near won." is what, 75% complete?
This works out great then 63 months(75%) complete and 21 months(25%) to go.
If we followed the Obama drawdown plan from last year, the surge never would have happened and we would have left Iraq as the loser instead of the victor. This is one of the few areas where McCain is clearly the better candidate than Obama.

-Obama wanted to leave as the loser and let Iraq spiral into chaos.

-McCain wanted to send more troops, achieve stability, and leave Iraq as the winner. He was one of the few calling for more troops when even other Republicans wanted to pull out.

To me, the choice is obvious.

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Grim:

Here is how I look at Bush's record in the military---

Bush=Quayle=Potato(sic)

End of discussion: game; set; match....here is where you graciously meet me at the net and say, "Well done, nice game."

TSC

Old 07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I see it in a different light.
You are the one who stated the war was 'nearly won'.
I didn't ask for your credentials, I'll take your claim at face value.

If I go Obama, then the war is 75 percent over and the last 25 percent lay ahead. Period.
If I go McCain/Grim, the war may still be over but, maybe not.
I'll take the sure thing.

As for the Bush hang up you have,
I read the original post which lamented the grave error Bush made in judging the courage of this country.
Then I replied, why did he expect different? Considering his record.
Maybe you should read it again, in that light.

Other than that, I don't follow what you want from me on this issue? My 201 file?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, you probably didn't like John Kerry much, didja---at least he was there---regardless of what he did or didn't do. W---well I think that if he would have spotted some of those commies tryin' to infiltrate those lovely southern states' airspace, well, he might have unleashed a few Genie missiles from his F-102 on those nasty reds' sorry behinds.

Ya know what Genie missiles can do, doncha?

TSC
George Bush: Frat boy, bad grades, some military experience, big social spender, would appoint conservative judges.

John Kerry: Same frat boy, same bad grades, better military experience, even bigger social spender, would appoint liberal judges.

I held my nose and voted for Bush, just like I held my nose and voted for his father vs. Clinton in '92.

Regarding the Genie missiles, they were well before my time. I believe they were phased out before I was born! In any case, I don't know much about air power. I was on submarines (and even that knowledge is becoming dated).

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Grim:

Here is how I look at Bush's record in the military---

Bush=Quayle=Potato(sic)

End of discussion: game; set; match....here is where you graciously meet me at the net and say, "Well done, nice game."

TSC
LOL.

sic=Used to indicate that a quoted passage, especially one containing an error or unconventional spelling, has been retained in its original form or written intentionally.
"Potato" is actually correct. "Potatoe" was Quayle's mistake. Well done, nice game.

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I see it in a different light.
You are the one who stated the war was 'nearly won'.
I didn't ask for your credentials, I'll take your claim at face value.

If I go Obama, then the war is 75 percent over and the last 25 percent lay ahead. Period.
If I go McCain/Grim, the war may still be over but, maybe not.
I'll take the sure thing.

As for the Bush hang up you have,
I read the original post which lamented the grave error Bush made in judging the courage of this country.
Then I replied, why did he expect different? Considering his record.
Maybe you should read it again, in that light.

Other than that, I don't follow what you want from me on this issue? My 201 file?
I don't want anything from you. You've said all I need to know, thanks.

Grim

Old 07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I don't want anything from you. You've said all I need to know, thanks.

Grim
Glad I able to set you straight.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never been in a war, I did see some action and small firefights in central America in the late seventies. I was around for the Iran hostage crisis, i even worked for
I have no credentials, other than being shot at in lands where there was no war.
Iraq has as much to do with terrorism as Iran does. They are neighbors that have fought each other for generations. In the begining the USA tried to balance the power there to prevent genocide. Guess what ? It didn't work!

When Husein couldn't kill Iranians, he killed fellow countrymen. When he got really bored he invaded Kuwait. A small country imperial Briton created nearly a century ago to prevent the same problems.

IMO
If we had not invaded Iraq we would have already had more attacks on our soil. Do people not believe that. Just study the History of the area more. We didn't create the problem we're protecting inocent people, there and here.
Without Iraq as a stageing area it will be hard to prevent nuclear development in unstable countries.
Even Pakistan {nuclear power}hates us, but will be our allies in the end.

No I don't have the credentials to make these statments. It just iritates be to here what some have to say. You can not ignore the threat that was made clear on 9/11. That date even had significance to the terrorist, it was a warning for us to unite.
Some people will not pay attention untill someone throws them out of their property and takes it from them. Those are the same people that will say "Why didn't we do something to prevent it.
Apathy for our Nation is what is destroying it.

I'll stop there I could go on for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thread Blue

Last edited by Tumba; 07-14-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Glad I able to set you straight.
You can believe whatever helps you sleep well at night.

Grim

Quick Reply: You Ain't Gonna Like Losing!