Cruise Control Recall Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control Recall Questions

Hey everyone,

I took my '02 F150 in for the cruise control recall this morning. Couple quick questions - When you had this done, did they secure the harness to anything under the hood? After they finished I popped the hood to see what was done - The small harness they installed was not zip tied to anything other than itself - it is just sitting there loose.

Know I know it's a matter of a few cents worth of zip ties to fix this - but here is the kicker - on my paperwork, there was a large orange sticker telling me I will receive a survey in the mail - and before I mark anything less than perfect, to call them so they can make it right.

I made an appointment a week in advance, told them I would be waiting, and it still took over an hour.

Just wanted to get a few opinions on how other folks trucks were done before I fill out my survey. I guess the sticker on the paperwork is not letting me rest on this.

Jim

Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
My truck.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Did mine, myself. New switch and pigtail. Took less than 5 mintues in the driveway. Came with the ziptie but I saw no need for it, so I left it off. No problems in over 50K+ miles after replacement.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
150Europe - your pigtail wire is different than the one I received. I just thought it odd that they would leave this between the master cylinder and the underhood fuse block. As you can see, it is zip tied to itself, but not to anything nearby. Just seems odd.

Jim

Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
How funny this post is, I just walked in the door getting back from Ford. There to get a door handle for the wifes ride and got the recall done. 30 min and looks just like F150Europe truck. No zip tie needed

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Recall Questions