Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Everyone and anyone is welcome to join in and many do from time to time. Stick around, post here, and I think you will see that no one is excluded that wants to be a part of it.

Anyone can start a thread in GD at any time, that's what it is for. I can't see how closing this thread would encourage that.
Ditto... I remember when I randomly posted in here and have ever since. Anyone is welcome

I do wonder about traffic but it feels like this has turned into lurk central or that old hit rod that's sitting out in the pasture. Jbrew got to agree with you bud...they need to make it a bit flashier. It does looks sleepy now lol

Old 09-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
maybe you should kill this thread and encourage new post about daily things to get the lurkers to jump in.

i have never posted in this and have looked at it maybe 3 or 4 times, seems like a private posting for a few. kind of like hosting a party and spending the night chatting with 3 people in a tight circle. " it screams "private conversation, move on" and it always has the top of the page and the moderators feed it.

of coarse in todays world who know why people own websites, does activity really mean anything or does the total members justify the advertising revenue.
does have a thriving board with lots of active member really mean anything to the bottom line?
I understand what you're trying to say here. Don't know that I completely agree, but interesting thought

Old 09-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
maybe you should kill this thread and encourage new post about daily things to get the lurkers to jump in. i have never posted in this and have looked at it maybe 3 or 4 times, seems like a private posting for a few. kind of like hosting a party and spending the night chatting with 3 people in a tight circle. " it screams "private conversation, move on" and it always has the top of the page and the moderators feed it. of coarse in todays world who know why people own websites, does activity really mean anything or does the total members justify the advertising revenue. does have a thriving board with lots of active member really mean anything to the bottom line?
I should have said in my first response, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice classic

Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
nice day too...

Old 09-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NFL and highschool football kicked off this week. 2 of the biggest things in America. It is mentioned here, but not in GD.

With any website there is a core group that kind of pushes things along.

your core group has desided to post here rather than individual threads. Could this be a problem? could it be why there are so few new threads.

I am not hatting on anyones fun or socializing, i think it is great that some of you have formed a friendship that lives in this thread. i just think it has a secondary effect.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
NFL and highschool football kicked off this week. 2 of the biggest things in America. It is mentioned here, but not in GD.

With any website there is a core group that kind of pushes things along.

your core group has desided to post here rather than individual threads. Could this be a problem? could it be why there are so few new threads.

I am not hatting on anyones fun or socializing, i think it is great that some of you have formed a friendship that lives in this thread. i just think it has a secondary effect.
I think they post more than enough in other threads.....this is just a less busy forum than some others...whether thats good or bad is opinion.....most forums I'm on have a chat thread.....some are very busy, others aren't busy at all, but it never affects the quality of on-topic forum discussion.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLD FLARED 281
nice day too...
Good pics, you live near that water?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Ditto... I remember when I randomly posted in here and have ever since. Anyone is welcome

I do wonder about traffic but it feels like this has turned into lurk central or that old hit rod that's sitting out in the pasture. Jbrew got to agree with you bud...they need to make it a bit flashier. It does looks sleepy now lol
I'm glad someone cares about fixing things. That's the biggest one right there vs all the why's and what happens. Ignoring it while it's staring you in the face. Hell what do I know ?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Good to see what Newfoundland/Labrador really look's like...not just some pics of dog's!!!

Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
We should of had a poll choosing the colors instead of the brown noser vote that took place. They just changed it, no input from the users, just a few patting RP on the back for doing so. That wasn't the way IMO. The site use to be attractive....many moons ago. An attractive site is what draws you in at first, - we already have great tech. I might even be more polite if the look wasn't so depressing lol.

It wasn't exactly Vibrant Green like I mentioned before. It was a cool color of green. I just said vibrant because just about anything is,- in comparison to what the site looks like now.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Good pics, you live near that water?
near this water actually

and thanks

Old 09-06-2014, 07:45 PM

Great pics!

Jbrew... It's probably been scaled back a bit old farts like blue and pawpaw

Watching Richmond...been along time since I've had a chance to watch one.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Great pics!
thank you.

want more?

Old 09-06-2014, 07:59 PM

That reminds me a lot of Maine. Similar rocky shores

Quick Reply: Let's start over......