Grand Theft Auto IV

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now i patiently wait for the PC announcement to come, before i lose my sanity .

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
Now i patiently wait for the PC announcement to come, before i lose my sanity .
Just break down and get a PS3 or XBOX 360 like everyone else.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by rsbeachbum2
Just break down and get a PS3 or XBOX 360 like everyone else.
the thing is, my pc is a powerful rig with the hundreds of dollars i spent on it the past half a year or so, so im ready to play some damn next gen games on here. I just got call of duty 4, waiting to install it tomorrow so i dont get sidetracked from other things first. Many people dont know but GTA:SA was a LOT better for pc than it was for console. The graphics at some points were 10x better with high end video cards and processors. Consoles are always the guinea pigs, and like people expected, IV is already having some problems. If (IT BETTER) it comes out for PC, those kinks will be worked out by then. Plus, im not crazy about playing the game with a controller. I like the keyboard layout w/ mouse better for that game.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
the thing is, my pc is a powerful rig with the hundreds of dollars i spent on it the past half a year or so, so im ready to play some damn next gen games on here. I just got call of duty 4, waiting to install it tomorrow so i dont get sidetracked from other things first. Many people dont know but GTA:SA was a LOT better for pc than it was for console. The graphics at some points were 10x better with high end video cards and processors. Consoles are always the guinea pigs, and like people expected, IV is already having some problems. If (IT BETTER) it comes out for PC, those kinks will be worked out by then. Plus, im not crazy about playing the game with a controller. I like the keyboard layout w/ mouse better for that game.
Just messing with you a little man

Main reason I got my PS3 was for the Blu-Ray.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by rsbeachbum2
Just messing with you a little man

Main reason I got my PS3 was for the Blu-Ray.
sadly i still have a feeling i will be getting a 360, but why am i saying sadly? lol i guess i just dont wanna pay for it . Ive had every madden game since madden 2003 for pc, and for 2009, theyre not making it for PC anymore. That is a game im addicted to, and is a good possibility of being the reason i get an xbox 360.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:53 AM
anyone else online on ps3 right now? im DODSY969 in free mode...add me

Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Plus, im not crazy about playing the game with a controller. I like the keyboard layout w/ mouse better for that game.
Really? I can't stand driving (or flying) on a PC. I used to be like you, had a real nice PC system, but it just kept getting out dated too fast. I gave up and switched to a nice laptop with the Core 2 Duo and an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. I can still play most games when I'm out traveling, but nothing a PC can do (right now at least) will top sitting on my couch with a wireless controller, in front of a 50" HDTV and 600+ watt Polk Audio 5.1 surround system

- NCSU

Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Really? I can't stand driving (or flying) on a PC. I used to be like you, had a real nice PC system, but it just kept getting out dated too fast. I gave up and switched to a nice laptop with the Core 2 Duo and an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. I can still play most games when I'm out traveling, but nothing a PC can do (right now at least) will top sitting on my couch with a wireless controller, in front of a 50" HDTV and 600+ watt Polk Audio 5.1 surround system

- NCSU

Nice! that setup sounds real good. We have a 46" sony LCD HDTV i could use if i were to ever get a 360. For racing/driving simulators i got a logitech g25. it works with an xbox too i think ,but easily the best damn wheel you will EVER find for a console or pc. Realistic pedals, unlike the common no pressure pedals, clutch pedal, H shifter, 900 degree turning radius.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Nice! that setup sounds real good. We have a 46" sony LCD HDTV i could use if i were to ever get a 360. For racing/driving simulators i got a logitech g25. it works with an xbox too i think ,but easily the best damn wheel you will EVER find for a console or pc. Realistic pedals, unlike the common no pressure pedals, clutch pedal, H shifter, 900 degree turning radius.
Nice, I used to race the online NASCAR PC games back in college. Had a force feedback wheel and pedals, that made a HUGE difference in game play. Biggest gripe I had about those games was when you'd race on-line there would always been some a-hole who'd just sit sideways on the track and try to wreck people.

So would you be able to use your wheel for GTA while driving, then the mouse/keyboard while on foot?

- NCSU

Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Nice, I used to race the online NASCAR PC games back in college. Had a force feedback wheel and pedals, that made a HUGE difference in game play. Biggest gripe I had about those games was when you'd race on-line there would always been some a-hole who'd just sit sideways on the track and try to wreck people.

So would you be able to use your wheel for GTA while driving, then the mouse/keyboard while on foot?

- NCSU
Which nascar game/simulation did you play? N2003?

well, ive never used a wheel for SA, cuz i tried it once and it wasnt very good. BUT, i do use pedals from my old microsoft sidewinder. You wouldnt believe how well its worked in GTA 3, vice city, and SA. Pedals for forward and back. Mouse for direction and shooting. Keyboard for driving, changing weapon, or other actions need. People call me crazy but it works so well lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
How is the multiplayer on GTA4? My internet got cut off at home since I mainly get on at work. Now im kinda regretting it

Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Graphics Contributor
i got call of duty 4, DAMN this game is crazy! im at the point where you are in the camo suits with the plant covering and you snipe the 2 guys, i keep getting caught and attacked by the dogs . I have to admit, the nuclear explosion and the part where you get off the plan falling around, and you see the mushroom cloud with the crazy wind and fire, is the most amazing graphics i have ever seen in a video game . I wish that would have lasted longer lol.

here it is on youtube someone recorded it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyqIzmY_fvw

the very first mission on the boat that gets bombed and starts sinking is PRETTY DAMN intense for a first mission too. The graphics are insane in this game...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 PM
COD 4 is a damn good game, But its definitely not Grand theft auto 4

Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Which nascar game/simulation did you play? N2003?

well, ive never used a wheel for SA, cuz i tried it once and it wasnt very good. BUT, i do use pedals from my old microsoft sidewinder. You wouldnt believe how well its worked in GTA 3, vice city, and SA. Pedals for forward and back. Mouse for direction and shooting. Keyboard for driving, changing weapon, or other actions need. People call me crazy but it works so well lol.
I played Nr2003 like a addict...used the same name as i do here.. dont play it at all anymore cause of school/track/football..but ARCA simracing has caught my eye, and i might be buying it for the summer... I LOVE RACING

Old 05-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Graphics Contributor
i got call of duty 4, DAMN this game is crazy! im at the point where you are in the camo suits with the plant covering and you snipe the 2 guys, i keep getting caught and attacked by the dogs . I have to admit, the nuclear explosion and the part where you get off the plan falling around, and you see the mushroom cloud with the crazy wind and fire, is the most amazing graphics i have ever seen in a video game . I wish that would have lasted longer lol.

here it is on youtube someone recorded it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyqIzmY_fvw

the very first mission on the boat that gets bombed and starts sinking is PRETTY DAMN intense for a first mission too. The graphics are insane in this game...

Quick Reply: Grand Theft Auto IV