Old 04-26-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
Okay, if you say so. I'm looking forward to this Dallas sweep
It's about time! Sheez!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we weren't watching the same game!

That being said, it looks like thre Avs are done. The Wings are up 2-0 in the series.
Hopefully this series is done in 5. I'll give the Avs one game at home...

Old 04-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Krohbar
Hopefully this series is done in 5. I'll give the Avs one game at home...
I won't. The Avs are done. Detroit sure is demolishing them. Theodore looks like Turco against them.

I bought my new Stars home jersey the olther day. I'm all ready for game 4 now.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penguins are up 2-0 in the series. Looks like the Rangers are done too.

Again, my prediction is Penguins and Sharks for Stanley Cup final, with the Sharks taking the Cup.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:58 PM

Again, my prediction is Penguins and Sharks for Stanley Cup final, with the Sharks taking the Cup.
Ugh, I hope not. I want a team that has the geographical means to produce natural ice to win the cup for once.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tical84
Ugh, I hope not. I want a team that has the geographical means to produce natural ice to win the cup for once.
Agreed, but I doubt the Habs are going to do it. PA has ice

Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Stars and whoever survives in the East for the cup.

Too bad Toronto sucks so bad, I have family up there. Would be cool to see Dallas and Totonto play for the cup one day.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Stars and whoever survives in the East for the cup.

Too bad Toronto sucks so bad, I have family up there. Would be cool to see Dallas and Totonto play for the cup one day.

Would be nice to see the Leafs make the playoffs

Can't believe I'm slamming the Leafs like this, but what else is a Leafs fan to do?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Would be nice to see the Leafs make the playoffs

Can't believe I'm slamming the Leafs like this, but what else is a Leafs fan to do?
It's OK, being at the bottom ain't so bad. At least you'll always be looking up!

Hell, look at the Pens. They really have made huge strides to become a powerhouse. There is hope for you Leafs fans.

My Grandparents, aunt, uncle, and my dad lived in Guelph after they immigrated from Germany after the war. Dad played on the frozen pond as a kid, Opa worked at a rink sharpening skates for a while. Dad as a kid followed the Leafs for years. Now who does he like, the Wings and Rangers. Traitor!!!!!

At least he sticks with the original six.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
It's OK, being at the bottom ain't so bad. At least you'll always be looking up!

Hell, look at the Pens. They really have made huge strides to become a powerhouse. There is hope for you Leafs fans.

My Grandparents, aunt, uncle, and my dad lived in Guelph after they immigrated from Germany after the war. Dad played on the frozen pond as a kid, Opa worked at a rink sharpening skates for a while. Dad as a kid followed the Leafs for years. Now who does he like, the Wings and Rangers. Traitor!!!!!

At least he sticks with the original six.
Guelph is about 30 minutes up the road from me.

Yeah, the Leafs were the only Canadian team (before the salary caps) to have unlimited funds and the capabilities to buy the Cup. Mismanagement, politics and a plain ole screwed up club have kept them down, although they did come close about 14 years ago Yup, I still remember it like it was yesterday.
Thing is, the rink is packed every game, no matter how much of a loser team they are. It's all corporate BS. Every seat is filled, every game

That's where I give Montreal fans credit. They won't follow a losing team and the arena will be empty if they're have a lousy season.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Guelph is about 30 minutes up the road from me.

Yeah, the Leafs were the only Canadian team (before the salary caps) to have unlimited funds and the capabilities to buy the Cup. Mismanagement, politics and a plain ole screwed up club have kept them down, although they did come close about 14 years ago Yup, I still remember it like it was yesterday.
Thing is, the rink is packed every game, no matter how much of a loser team they are. It's all corporate BS. Every seat is filled, every game

That's where I give Montreal fans credit. They won't follow a losing team and the arena will be empty if they're have a lousy season.
Yeah, the only reason the Canadians are so good is all all the ex Stars running the show.

And the same ex Stars running the show up in Montreal are the ones who made Dallas any good.

Things bode well for Montreal in the future. Who knows, maybe Guy Carbonneau will be coaching the Canadians against his Son-in-law, Stars captain Brenden Morrow, in the finals.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, the only reason the Canadians are so good is all all the ex Stars running the show.

And the same ex Stars running the show up in Montreal are the ones who made Dallas any good.

Things bode well for Montreal in the future. Who knows, maybe Guy Carbonneau will be coaching the Canadians against his Son-in-law, Stars captain Brenden Morrow, in the finals.
I consider myself lucky to be 15 minutes from Copps Coliseum where the Hamilton Bulldogs play. Being that they are the Habs farm team (AHL) it's neat keeping track of the new kids makiing their way up. The Bulldogs have always been one of the best teams in the league.
In many years past, the Canadiens have always been contenders with a no name team. Quebec has produced a lot of the best players in the game (along with Ontario), but they always start with new names to the game. Most of the NJ Devils are former Canadiens, or they were when they last won the Cup.
The last time they won (93 I believe) Roy was their new hot goalie.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM

I consider myself lucky to be 15 minutes from Copps Coliseum where the Hamilton Bulldogs play. Being that they are the Habs farm team (AHL) it's neat keeping track of the new kids makiing their way up. The Bulldogs have always been one of the best teams in the league.
In many years past, the Canadiens have always been contenders with a no name team. Quebec has produced a lot of the best players in the game (along with Ontario), but they always start with new names to the game. Most of the NJ Devils are former Canadiens, or they were when they last won the Cup.
The last time they won (93 I believe) Roy was their new hot goalie.
It was 86. He was 20!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Roy

In the following season, Roy started playing regularly for the Montreal Canadiens. He played 47 games during the regular season and won the starting job for the playoffs, where he emerged as a star,[3] leading his team to an unexpected Stanley Cup title and winning a Conn Smythe Trophy for the Most Valuable Player.[5] As a 20-year old, he became the youngest Conn Smythe winner ever and was chosen for the NHL All-Rookie Team.[4][7]
Gotta go watch Stars/Sharks game 2!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
It was 86. He was 20!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Roy

Gotta go watch Stars/Sharks game 2!
You made me go and look it up! I figured I might be off by a year or two, but there was no way is was that many years

You're right though. He wasn't a new hot goalie in 93.

It was in 93 when they last won the Cup, but I didn't even register that he played that many years for the Habs. So he won 2 Cups with them.

The Canadiens are one of the 'Original Six' teams – that is, the teams that comprised the NHL prior to the expansion of the league in 1967. They have won more Stanley Cups (24, the first in 1916, before the NHL existed, and the most recent in 1993) than any other NHL team.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Canadiens

Old 04-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Uh oh. There are the 1st 2 games of the sweep

Quick Reply: NHL Playoffs!