NHL Playoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else who watched Bettman present the cup, notice the boos???

Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just shocked that the guys in the stripes were not out there with the Wings to hoist the Cup.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT

Stealth, I didn't want you to think I was only picking on the Stars.
Next year Flower will be saying that to Turco.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by TNJED23
I was just shocked that the guys in the stripes were not out there with the Wings to hoist the Cup.
Best record in the league.
Third in goals scored.
First in goals allowed.
Home ice throughout the playoffs yet clinched every series ON THE ROAD, including taking 2 IN PITTSBURGH where the Pens hadn't lost in eons.

........and you want to blame the officiating.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:10 AM
^

It's so obvious that the Wings had to hold and hook to slow the Pens down and alot of it was not called. The league wanted the Wings to win because they are part of the original 6. All the Wings fans make fun of Crosby because he whines, well if he was allowed to skate he would have eaten Ozzy up. The Wings are a very good team, but I watched all of the playoffs and until the Pen's series with the Wings they were allowed to skate. I just think there were some key calls missed. The stats from the regular season don't count in the playoffs.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 AM

It's so obvious that the Wings had to hold and hook to slow the Pens down and alot of it was not called..
I felt the same way when the Devils swept the Wings in 95. Bottom line was, the Devils were the better team.
The league wanted the Wings to win because they are part of the original 6.
If anything, the league wanted Crosby to win. He's all the announcers talked about. Even when the Pens were being shut out in the first two games.
All the Wings fans make fun of Crosby because he whines, well if he was allowed to skate he would have eaten Ozzy up.
That's what good defense does.
The Wings are a very good team, but I watched all of the playoffs and until the Pen's series with the Wings they were allowed to skate.
Until the the series with the Wings, the Pens hadn't faced such a good defense.
I just think there were some key calls missed. The stats from the regular season don't count in the playoffs.
The Pens had 5 0n 3s twice for a minute and a half and came up with nothing both times. Give credit where credit is due. The Wings were the better team. 17 straight years in the playoffs. 5 Stanley Cup Final appearances in 13 years, 4 Stanley cups in 11 years. This isn't a fluke. I know what it's like to think your team is the better one, only to be shut down by a superior team. The Pens will win sometime in the near future.

Last edited by RED WING NUT; 06-06-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
^

It's so obvious that the Wings had to hold and hook to slow the Pens down and alot of it was not called. The league wanted the Wings to win because they are part of the original 6. All the Wings fans make fun of Crosby because he whines, well if he was allowed to skate he would have eaten Ozzy up. The Wings are a very good team, but I watched all of the playoffs and until the Pen's series with the Wings they were allowed to skate. I just think there were some key calls missed. The stats from the regular season don't count in the playoffs.
I'm not going to insult your intelligence when it comes to hockey, but dude, please, name one player in the final that could compete with the likes of Zetterberg, Datsuik ( sp? ) and Lidstrom. Crosby was a target, Malkin went to sleep and guys like Talbot and Hossa had to carry the load.

Pittsburgh couldn't even contain Detroits big guns. The officiating had NOTHING to do with the outcome. The Pens got beat by the best team in the league, no sugar coating it.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a diehard pens fan, and unfortunately the wings DID deserve the cup. Detroits defense wasn't anything amazing, but it was extremely effective. As it was said earlier, the wings were the only team that didnt let Pittsburgh's offense skate. The most effective play that pittsburgh had all series was the dump and chase. They tried doing it in games 1 and 2, but were always slow to the puck, letting detroit beat them every time. In game three, they continued to dump and chase and actually started winning the footraces. In 4 5 and 6 they went back to trying to do finesse stickhandling plays which detroit stuffed every time. It was most evident at the end of game 6 on pittsburgh's powerplay, It took them under 30 seconds to bury a puck in the net by simply dumping and chasing the puck into the zone. It worked all season for pittsburgh when they werent relying on stickhandling plays. In game 5 they dumped it in, got beat, intercepted a pass, and dumped it back in and set the cycle back up and had a few scoring chances. If pittsburgh had just settled down, dumped it and MOST IMPORTANTLY won the race to the puck it would have been a different series.

But they didn't effectively adjust to Detroit's playing style, hence the 2007-2008 champions are the Detroit Red Wings. Congratulations, It was well-deserved.

All in all, Im just excited that we finally had a Stanley Cup Final that I have actually cared about. It was great for the NHL.

GO PENS!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Blahblahblah. All that bickering. The Stars are going to win Lord Stanley's cup next year.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Blahblahblah. All that bickering. The Stars are going to win Lord Stanley's cup next year.
They should. I'd say they're waaaaaay overdue.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
They should. I'd say they're waaaaaay overdue.
No doubt!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Don't be talkin to me about way overdue

Old 06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
Don't be talkin to me about way overdue
My condolences....

Are they hiring Wilson?

Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
My condolences....

Are they hiring Wilson?
I thought they did. I was browsing it in the paper two nights ago.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Now maybe the Leafs will win. They are one of my dad's favorite teams. I have an Uncle up there in Willowdale, Ontario, my dad's brother. Would be neat to see a Leafs/Stars finals.

Quick Reply: NHL Playoffs!