Had my license plate stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Had my license plate stolen

Yup... Some ***** stole the plates right off the back. They obviously pulled up, took out some screws, and drove off. I came out of work they were gone.

I'm confident it was a theft. No jokes being played and the 3 plates next to my truck were untouched.

To make matters worse it was the first run of the Game & Fish plates for Arkansas (The animal on the plates changes every year and mine was the whitetail.) I've paid my registration x2 every year for the past eight for that plate.

It can't be replaced.

<Rant over>

Last edited by FoMoCoFan17; 04-10-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Pic added
Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happens all the time here in southern Nevada. I was having some work done on my truck about a month ago, and I rented a car for three days. The plates were stolen off it before I got home that day. I stopped at a couple of places on the way home and never noticed it. I called enterprise, and they said no worries it happens all the time. I guess they have a number on the windshield for the cops to see.
Now, who steals license plates? Answer: people who cannot get plates legally. So they get them illegally! Get it!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Sorry to hear that, can't trust anyone these days

Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
Yup... Some ***** stole the plates right off the back. They obviously pulled up, took out some screws, and drove off. I came out of work they were gone.

I'm confident it was a theft. No jokes being played and the 3 plates next to my truck were untouched.

To make matters worse it was the first run of the Game & Fish plates for Arkansas (The animal on the plates changes every year and mine was the whitetail.) I've paid my registration x2 every year for the past eight for that plate.

It can't be replaced.

<Rant over>

Edit: Galleries don't work.

Man that sucks! I had those on my truck and they were like 60 a year but I changed back to regular this year because I live on a gravel road and the gravel beats them up. No sense in paying $40 extra for something if it's gonna be all dented up and not look good.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
That blows man! Did you ever post a picture of your plate on a forum?

- NCSU

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
That blows man! Did you ever post a picture of your plate on a forum?

- NCSU
thats probably what it was

Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 PM
thats how i scope out plates i'm going to steal

Old 04-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I keep coming up with new reasons to be mad...

That plate, and ONLY that plate, has been on both of my 150's I've owned. (01 Screw and 06 Scab)

Are people really stupid enough to use it on their vehicle? I kinda' hope they do so I can have my stolen property returned to me.

I guess it's just a license plate and I should get over it.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
I keep coming up with new reasons to be mad...

That plate, and ONLY that plate, has been on both of my 150's I've owned. (01 Screw and 06 Scab)

Are people really stupid enough to use it on their vehicle? I kinda' hope they do so I can have my stolen property returned.

I guess it's just a license plate and I should get over it.
Your plate is going to show up on a truck that is a similar year to yours. People will affix plates from vehicles that are not stolen to vehicles which are stolen. People will also affix plates with current registration to their vehicle which they don't want to pay the reg for. Usually, they will just steal the sticker, but maybe it was faster for them to just take the plates. Just be sure to report your plates as stolen so that when the police run the plates, they will show up as stolen.

I had the paper plates that come with a new car from the dealership stolen from my Tahoe. I came out and just scratched my head wondering why anybody would want them. I know better now, but if you are not constantly around these situations, it is not as apparent.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe they stole them because they collects plates. especially if its a rare one.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Im no detective but I think that who ever stole em' stole them b/c they dont like you or something of that nature. I dont think someone stole it to put on their vehicle to drive around with.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
When we bought my wifes car some one triedto steal the paper tags. The dealer screw them into the normal spot and they set off the alarm trying to get them off. The ended up just ripping it a little and gave up. It was at a hospital parking lot and was on tape. I didn't see the tape but guards said the guy was really pulling and yanking hard. The guy was never caught but at least he didn't get the plate which was a laminated chipboard

Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
That sucks man, but reminds me of this guy I worked with who tried to use car plates on a pickup truck. He stole them off his ex's car, painted the numbers black (in Ontario, cars have 4 letters, 3 numbers in blue with a white backing, trucks are black lettered, 3 numbers then 1 number, 2 letters) so he thaught he'd be crafty and paint the plate. He smokes crack and got caught by the po-po. He told me this, after I pissed myself laughing and asked how that whole crack things working for him.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Im no detective but I think that who ever stole em' stole them b/c they dont like you or something of that nature. I dont think someone stole it to put on their vehicle to drive around with.
I don't think so.

I haven't had enemies in over 10 yrs. I live a very simple life.(Work, home and hanging out with the few friends who didn't turn out to be losers.)

Old 04-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear that! It ticks me off when people cant just respect other peoples stuff. Just because someone has something nicer then them they feel they need to damage it. Just because we work our @$$es off for what we have, does not give anyone the right to destroy, steal, or mess with our stuff. I had some one steal the lug nuts off one of my wheels on my car, which had a locking lug on it. Unfortunately they had the caps on the wheels to hide the lugs so I did not even notice. That was a bad deal, going 70 down the interstate when the bolt with the only lug on it poped. I kept the car up right but it cost me an axel, a new rim and tire assembly, and lots of down time.
Sorry rant over but people like that just irritate me.

Quick Reply: Had my license plate stolen