Check out the New Hummer H3T!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Check out the New Hummer H3T!

If you go to www.pickuptruck.com they are running a video of the new Hummer H3T pickup truck doing some extreeme off roading! Pretty cool stuff!.....

Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Suspended
Pretty cabable little SUV. Since the Wrangler now has a longer wheelbase and still has a weak V-6 this truck could take top offroad honors for a stock vehicle. It's sad GM whored out the Hummer name, but at the same time this looks to be a decent lil ride, the price I'm sure will be every bit of 40k though

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I wanted to see more flex

Old 04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
I wanted to see more flex
I was thinking the same, too bad IFS is worthless when it comes to flexing.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I want elockers and 4:1 lo range stock on the F150's. What about optional factory beadlock rims (are they DOT approved for highway use).

Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Ayresusn
I want elockers and 4:1 lo range stock on the F150's. What about optional factory beadlock rims (are they DOT approved for highway use).
True beadlockers are not DOT approved, atleast none were as of a year or so ago. When you go to MOAB though you will be running trails for days so changing tires once you get there would be well worth the effort. I agree a Offroad ready F-150 would be nice. I guess the wheelbase is just so long on them

Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
Pretty cabable little SUV. Since the Wrangler now has a longer wheelbase and still has a weak V-6 this truck could take top offroad honors for a stock vehicle. It's sad GM whored out the Hummer name, but at the same time this looks to be a decent lil ride, the price I'm sure will be every bit of 40k though
The Wrangler would whoop it, way more flex but with only 1 locker I bet you could buy another if it meant alot to with the difference in price. It may have a V-6, but really for that size of vehicle that is all you need. Most of my major off roading experiances have envolved a V-6 (with much less power than the Jeep's), and so far it has gotten the job done.

That and that Hummer looks longer than my Supercab shortbox F-150, that will only help on hillclimbs, and will hurt everywhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWtfgooQ1oU

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
if the nike interior is anything like their shoes, it will fall apart within a month.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I sat in a H3 at the Chicago auto show and i was surprised by how little interior space there was. Although I am 6'3'' but still...I mean c'mon its a Hummer.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I think it looks pretty sweet.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
The Wrangler would whoop it, way more flex but with only 1 locker I bet you could buy another if it meant alot to with the difference in price. It may have a V-6, but really for that size of vehicle that is all you need. Most of my major off roading experiances have envolved a V-6 (with much less power than the Jeep's), and so far it has gotten the job done.

That and that Hummer looks longer than my Supercab shortbox F-150, that will only help on hillclimbs, and will hurt everywhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWtfgooQ1oU
I dont agree the jeep would whoop it. What features does the jeep have the H3 doesnt?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I dont agree the jeep would whoop it. What features does the jeep have the H3 doesnt?
The Jeep has a much shorter wheelbase, a suspension that actually moves (and quite well at that), remotely disconnecting sway bars and two solid axles. The cost of a front locker (the Rubicon already has one in the back) would easily be offset by the price difference between the two. They are good in stock form, even better from a modification potential standpoint with the solid axles.

The Hummer, in true Hummer fashion has a fully independent suspension that doesn't move much, and given that it is based on the Trailblazer it probably doesn't have the enclosed drivetrain like the H1 to get by with it. The only thing this Hummer has that the jeep doesn't is a V-8 and a front locker (and of course a couple $k more just because it is a Hummer) Judging by the size of it the power to weight ratio will probably be close to the same negating most of the advantage of the V-8. Like I said before just eyeballing it the thing looks longer than my F-150, not a good trail feature IMO. The cute little windows won't do much to help this either, especially compared to the removable top on the Jeep.

But then if pure offroad performance is what you are after, you could pick up a $2k 91-94 Explorer Sport, throw $3k in parts at it if you shop smartly (6" lift, tires, manual lockouts, and two lock-rites in the differentials) and you would have something that would keep up with either the Jeep or the Hummer and would have a virtually endless used parts supply (think of all the old Explorers out there) and wouldn't require a trip to the dealership whenever something broke. Then you could put the cost difference in something more productive than a $30-50k truck just to bounce thru the woods and rub on trees, and you wouldn't cry when you put a dent in it.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
The Jeep has a much shorter wheelbase, a suspension that actually moves (and quite well at that), remotely disconnecting sway bars and two solid axles. The cost of a front locker (the Rubicon already has one in the back) would easily be offset by the price difference between the two. They are good in stock form, even better from a modification potential standpoint with the solid axles.

The Hummer, in true Hummer fashion has a fully independent suspension that doesn't move much, and given that it is based on the Trailblazer it probably doesn't have the enclosed drivetrain like the H1 to get by with it. The only thing this Hummer has that the jeep doesn't is a V-8 and a front locker (and of course a couple $k more just because it is a Hummer) Judging by the size of it the power to weight ratio will probably be close to the same negating most of the advantage of the V-8. Like I said before just eyeballing it the thing looks longer than my F-150, not a good trail feature IMO. The cute little windows won't do much to help this either, especially compared to the removable top on the Jeep.

But then if pure offroad performance is what you are after, you could pick up a $2k 91-94 Explorer Sport, throw $3k in parts at it if you shop smartly (6" lift, tires, manual lockouts, and two lock-rites in the differentials) and you would have something that would keep up with either the Jeep or the Hummer and would have a virtually endless used parts supply (think of all the old Explorers out there) and wouldn't require a trip to the dealership whenever something broke. Then you could put the cost difference in something more productive than a $30-50k truck just to bounce thru the woods and rub on trees, and you wouldn't cry when you put a dent in it.

Im with ya on the beather idea. A guy here locally did a Explorer build up and the thing is amazing. He is a read d bag so I havent spoken much with him about it, but all the work and hardware was premuim stuff and that truck performs great.

About the Hummer V Jeep I agree the shorter wheelbase would help. For some reason I was picturing the 4 door wrangler and it seemed to have about the same wheelbase as the H3T. The 2 door is still a very capable ride, although I do question why they removed the front locker from a purpose built offroad rig

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I do question why they removed the front locker from a purpose built offroad rig
I am going to guess due to liablity or that nobody was ordering them. Really how many of them end up off road in a place that would require it?

Quick Reply: Check out the New Hummer H3T!