Want a 2008 Dodge Challenger???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want a 2008 Dodge Challenger???

Here's a chance to win one. I think i'm going to buy a few of them.
http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...allenger-srt8/

Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont you already have 2 of them?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
dont you already have 2 of them?
I have deposit's on 2 of them, but still have not received vin numbers yet. They are just starting to assign vin numbers. I talked to a Chrysler rep last week, and they have no idea on who's getting what. He said i should know more in a couple of weeks. I will still buy a chance on winning one.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd like to win one and then turn around and immediately sell the thing!

On ebay right now there's a 2004 Ford Thunderbird for sale with 118 miles on it that's never even been titled yet -- I think that would be the perfect complement to my '05 F-150 and my '08 Mustang GT. Then I'd have all three spectrums of the driving experience covered for the long term -- F-150 for oversized fun, Mustang GT for sporty fun, and the T-Bird for leisurely cruising fun!

Oh my God -- my wife would sh*t a cow if I bought another car right now!

Last edited by ddellwo; 04-07-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Suspended
That Mustang still stock !?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
That Mustang still stock !?
Yep -- other than rims, tires, exhaust, and a few appearance items. I've got 309 miles on it in a little over 3 months, so I've got to slow down a little bit -- heck I only put 460 miles on the truck over all of last year!

I'm not going to mess with anything mechanically on the 'Stang for awhile until I'm out of warranty. The F-150's 3 years is up the end of June -- I'm going to throw on a CAI and tune at that time to see what I can do to liven it up a little. I figure with the 5.4 in a 2wd regular cab short box configuration, I should be able to get a little get-up-and-go out of it.......

Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Suspended
Don't be a girl, throw an intake and tune on the car at least !!

How do you like that exhaust? I'm running SLP LMs, muffler delete, but I'm thinking about switching it up to something else. I want to run an O/R X-Pipe, cat delete, maybe a set of shorties, and some type of muffler. I don't know. In the next month or so, my car will be getting a full suspension set-up.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
How do you like that exhaust? I'm running SLP LMs, muffler delete, but I'm thinking about switching it up to something else. I want to run an O/R X-Pipe, cat delete, maybe a set of shorties, and some type of muffler.
I've heard the SLP's hooked up "axle-back" to the stock exhaust system and thought they sounded awesome! I haven't heard them in any other configuration, though.

I'm running the Magnaflow Magnapack Cat-Back -- sounds good, but I'm a little surprised at how much drone they produce, especially in 5th gear! Had I known this in advance, I'd have been tempted to just run the Loudmouths. Fortunately for me, I prefer to run in 4th gear at normal highway speeds (drone is minimal at higher RPM's) and do not use the car as my daily driver.

The only upgrade on the near horizon for the 'Stang will be some 3.73's out back.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I saw a new Challenger on the interstate the other morning. (I-76 is one of Dodge's/Chrysler's test car routes, so we see the new stuff all the time.)

This was the first one I've seen without all of the vinyl padding hiding it, although it still had a few strategically placed skins to keep from seeing the whole thing.

I'm impressed. It's a nice looking car. This one was silver with a black interior, and it looked very good.

If the pricing isn't ridiculous, I may consider one some day.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
If would sell it if I won it. I'll stay away from owning a dodge vehicle after my buddies 06' charger was falling apart. The windows would work about 5% of the time. The rear driver side door would only unlock about 20% of the time. Interior was put togewther by a 3 year old. There was few other problems, but it did have nice power for a family (four door) car. I'll stay with Ford after only having a few minor problems with my truck. A broken window regulator ( fixed under warrenty) I thought is was something wrong with my tint job (it started squeeking aftger my tint job). Ford fixed when I did the butalpad recall. It also only had a small leak from the flange yoke (probably my faultfrom leting the truck rust apart from underneth).

Quick Reply: Want a 2008 Dodge Challenger???