Ford Customer Service Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
sounds like they put forth a good effort ..

although if my dealer washed my truck prior to delivery .. they would have been getting me another truck.
If my dealer didn't wash mine I would have complained. There's no way I would accept delivery of a brand new truck with all the dust and grime on it.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Tbird69
If my dealer didn't wash mine I would have complained. There's no way I would accept delivery of a brand new truck with all the dust and grime on it.
That's fine but a lot of us request that the dealer not wash the vehicle. I've never let them wash any of my vehicles. I've seen what they use to wash and don't feel like doing the work to right what they did wrong to my paint.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
The dealer only "owes" you enough gas to get off the lot and to a gas station. Any more is strictly a courtesy which they are not obligated to extend. With today's slim profit margins and high gas prices, I don't blame them for cutting back if they have previously been "good guys" and delivering vehicles with full tanks.

I used to sell cars in the 70's - in our dealership you were lucky if the gauge was above "E" - you got what it came off the truck with unless it ran dry before delivery, then it got a couple gallons siphoned out of a demo, rental car, used car, or the parts truck.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by glc
With today's slim profit margins and high gas prices, I don't blame them for cutting back if they have previously been "good guys" and delivering vehicles with full tanks.
that's why I never said anything to the sales woman. I saved about 7 grand off the sticker with "A plan" and rebates.

I've bought 3 new cars in the past 15 years and this is the first time it wasn't a full tank of gas but it also was my first "A plan" too.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
glc
Yep - in these days of $75 fillups, that adds up fast. If a dealer had to spend that much extra on EACH vehicle they sell, they would have a lot less incentive to cut you a good deal. The factory does NOT reimburse the dealer one cent for gas they put in after the vehicle comes off the transporter, and the dealer even has to pay for what little gas is in the thing as part of his invoice from the factory. When you use a factory-sponsored plan like you did, they aren't making squat to begin with.

Now, if I went in to buy a truck and decided to be fair in my offer, then extras like that are reasonable requests. How many of you are fair? I bet very few, buying a vehicle is one of the few places left these days where haggling and cutthroat negotiating is still somewhat the norm.

When you buy a house, and it has oil heat or propane, do you expect the seller to fill the tank for you?

Last edited by glc; 02-11-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by muddy ford
You are right about ford customer service. IT SUCKS. It sucks all the way to the top of ford motor company. The full tank of gas is not written in stone. This day and age it should be. When I bought my house new in 1971 I payed $15,000.00 for it.
What does your house have to do with Ford customer service?

Originally Posted by muddy ford
I know of one guy in Provo, Utah who in 1959 0n a 1958 Chevy 348 cid rebuilt a carb. and was getting like 55-60 mpg. and one of the big oil co.s bought it from him and he became a millionaire over night. He was able to keep the carb. but could not let anybody see it.
Anybody but you, right?

Pure gold.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
KCWILDCAT I was just saying that what you or I pay for a new pick up nowdays is more that what my house cost new in 1971.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, the domestics HAVE to get it together and beat out the imports with warranty. Look at some of them with 100,000 mile warranties and we get this pathetic trifle of a warranty.

Also I don't get the fact that I watch the car shows and see an import SUV with a 3.7 litre V-6 making well over 265 hp while my V-8 makes much less-I don't get it-where is the technology going??

I can't see why Ford can't make their 5.4 or 4.6 make much more hp and torque than they do.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
I said it before and I'll say it again, the domestics HAVE to get it together and beat out the imports with warranty. Look at some of them with 100,000 mile warranties and we get this pathetic trifle of a warranty.

Also I don't get the fact that I watch the car shows and see an import SUV with a 3.7 litre V-6 making well over 265 hp while my V-8 makes much less-I don't get it-where is the technology going??

I can't see why Ford can't make their 5.4 or 4.6 make much more hp and torque than they do.
x2

I mean, I like Ford... but the 4.2l v6 should've been putting out 290 hp/295 ft/lbs... easily. It's burning enough fuel to do it. Hence the v8s should be insane.

I just can't get by the fact my friend's Nissan Frontier 4.0l v6 puts out more hp and tq than my Dakota with a 4.7l v8 and my 4.2l v6!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
I don't ever let the dealer wash my vehicles. I tell them I will refuse delivery if they do. I don't want them screwing the finish up.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
Not to rub it in but my delivery was top notch, after the truck was cleaned, the entire sale team is called to the "delivery area" a covered parking spot with chamois in hand cleaning up any last drips from the wash, they then make an announcement over the PA and sang me a song, each person in charge, right down the the parts manager personally comes and shakes my hand.
And my tank was full of gas along with 2 free oil changes.

I guess its just who you buy from, some are rated number 1 and others not so good.
Are you sure it was not at your birthday, and you were eating at Chilis?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what it really comes down to is the dealers that are cranking out high sales because of location on a major highway and deceptive advertising and tactics are the ones that ford is keeping. the smaller dealers that buyers really like and give great service are being shut down. these dealers are the ones that keep buyers brand loyal.

ford has always built a good truck but they have, like the other domestics, been behind on innovation. they build it and then spend millions on advertising to convince us thats what we want to buy. the japs on the other hand put some thought into what they are building and try to understand the american consumers desires. what ford needs to do is look at what everyone on this site does t mod their trucks and then adapt. most of the trucks have just about the same mods done to them. there are a few that go over the edge or are what that owner and that owner only wants.

i will probably be ready for a new truck next year. it wont be a ford. not because i dont like fords but because the dealers around here suck. i found a gm dealer that is much like the ford dealer that i dealt with before ford shut them down. the best part is i have to drive past 4 ford dealers to get to it. the other option is to keep the f150 i got and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
My grandfather in 1946 bought a Ford 2.5 ton truck for the turkey farm. He put a "bulk feeder" to hull mash for the turkeys. We could get just over 7 tons of mash in it. The truck had a flat head V-8, 85 horsepower. On a flat road you could get it up 55-60 MPH. For it's size the old Ford flat head V-8 was one of the best engines ever made. 1953 was the last year of the flat head V-8. You had to double-clutch to shift that old 4 seed.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by glc
The dealer only "owes" you enough gas to get off the lot and to a gas station. Any more is strictly a courtesy which they are not obligated to extend. With today's slim profit margins and high gas prices, I don't blame them for cutting back if they have previously been "good guys" and delivering vehicles with full tanks.

I used to sell cars in the 70's - in our dealership you were lucky if the gauge was above "E" - you got what it came off the truck with unless it ran dry before delivery, then it got a couple gallons siphoned out of a demo, rental car, used car, or the parts truck.
Maybe where you live but here in Maryland it's State law that all new vehicles come with a full tank of gas.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
glc
Originally Posted by azreael344
Maybe where you live but here in Maryland it's State law that all new vehicles come with a full tank of gas.
Got a link?

Quick Reply: Ford Customer Service Sucks!!!