2006 Ford F150 STX 4D Extended Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Ford F150 STX 4D Extended Cab

Hi, came accross an F150 today that I really liked (2006 Ford F150 STX 4D Extended Cab). Did come accross a thread, and it seemed like one could expect to see numbers in the range of 15 - 20 MPG?

But, anyone have any input on this specific model, it has 17k miles and all stock. Thanks all!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 PM
It really depends on the driver. The heavier the foot the lest MPG.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I get 15-19 on my 06 SCrew 4x4... Depends on type of driving etc etc. We get 15mpg city and 19 at best on HWY. Neither of us really ***** foot around but we don't floor it a whole lot either.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by stang_man1967
Hi, came accross an F150 today that I really liked (2006 Ford F150 STX 4D Extended Cab). Did come accross a thread, and it seemed like one could expect to see numbers in the range of 15 - 20 MPG?

But, anyone have any input on this specific model, it has 17k miles and all stock. Thanks all!
Yep, thats solid in the ballpark for mpg. FYIW all Ford full sized trucks are 4 door. Regular cab, SuperCab (you call it the extended cab which is a Chevy term ), and SuperCrew. The STX was not offered with the 5.4L but may have the 4.6L V8 or 4.2L V6. The 4.6L is a strong engine that is proven. Very capable. Body matched bumpers on the exterior look nice. Otherwise the same as any other model (minus the chrome) May have less refinements inside. No PL or PW. Still a very capable truck that would suit most anybody just fine.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price? and what are you looking for in a truck?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Oxlander,

Sorry about the Extended Cab term, I do currently have an 01 Silverado regular cab, and it's just too small. This particular one I found, they’re asking $18.8. It sure is a 4.6L; I’m guessing this is the same engine as was in my 96 GT back in the day? How will this tow compared to its big brother? I'm just now thinking this is probably a little on the high side, but the looks of this truck really sparked an interest. I must say, it is a sharp looking ride!

It'll be used for occasional transportation and the occasional haul of the 67 fastback or Rhino/4 wheelers. Thanks for the info guys. Of all my friends and their various vehicles, no one has this particular model.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by stang_man1967
Oxlander,

Sorry about the Extended Cab term, I do currently have an 01 Silverado regular cab, and it's just too small. This particular one I found, they’re asking $18.8. It sure is a 4.6L; I’m guessing this is the same engine as was in my 96 GT back in the day? How will this tow compared to its big brother? I'm just now thinking this is probably a little on the high side, but the looks of this truck really sparked an interest. I must say, it is a sharp looking ride!

It'll be used for occasional transportation and the occasional haul of the 67 fastback or Rhino/4 wheelers. Thanks for the info guys. Of all my friends and their various vehicles, no one has this particular model.
We're cool, no harm done. Yep, that truck has good bones. Kinda high on the price tho. In the up coming months (March, April, and May) you will be able to get that price for a spanking brand new STX with the 4.6L. This is soon to be peak truck buying season, trust me. Or don't. What does this one have to set it apart? Next to the 5.4L the performance and towing will be nearly the same for your usage. Very strong motor and decent on gas. Won't be any problems with towing your stang. BTW, what part of the country do you come from. My opinion may change if you say the Sierra Mountains.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ford F150 STX 4D Extended Cab