Minimum Wage

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JBMX928
the junior whopper is $1... whats wrong with that? More than enough to fill me up..
I do use the dollar menus alot.
But I do buy 2 for me.
I just don't stop at BK often. Dont know why just dont.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 710 Posts
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
I just don't stop at BK often. Dont know why just dont.
Maybe because you prefer the people that are taking your order to be able to understand and speak English?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were abouts are you cndcowboy? Calgary? I just moved away from there. I got tired of the hustle and bustle.
Yup, Calgary. I am getting pretty sick of this place too. I grew up here most of my life and it isn't what it used to be. Due to me work I am almost never home anyway, I work all over the province from down by Taber up to Red Earth and Spirit River.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:20 PM
When you see politicians pushing to raise the minimum wage, don't get it twisted. They don't care so much about entry level workers as they do about the votes of union workers, that have thier wages tied to the minimum. It's a powerful political tool for Democrats. It doesn't hurt to have the poor of the country think you're on their side, as well. Even though you can't make a decent life for yourself at twice the minimum wage. Most entry level jobs pay more than minimum anyway... If the market for labor dictates it.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
When you see politicians pushing to raise the minimum wage, don't get it twisted. They don't care so much about entry level workers as they do about the votes of union workers, that have thier wages tied to the minimum. It's a powerful political tool for Democrats. It doesn't hurt to have the poor of the country think you're on their side, as well. Even though you can't make a decent life for yourself at twice the minimum wage. Most entry level jobs pay more than minimum anyway... If the market for labor dictates it.
Yeah, that's why I'd say 90 percent of the union local I'm in vote republican, that and democrats cut defense spending.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc
Maybe because you prefer the people that are taking your order to be able to understand and speak English?
Naw thats why I dont go to Arby's anymore.

The spanglish speaking guy at the last one I went to a coulpe of years ago couldn;t understand what a sam-itch was when I ordered it. They are all over the menu, you'd think he'd know....... I had to show him a picture.......

Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
5.25 here

Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Yeah, that's why I'd say 90 percent of the union local I'm in vote republican, that and democrats cut defense spending.
So your local union is representative of all national unions in general? Sounds more like an exception. Espesecially when you look at the UMWA and UAW.

Quick Reply: Minimum Wage