F150 vs Mini

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
The tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion is dependent upon mass. Inertia is that quantity which is solely dependent upon mass. The more mass which an object has, the more inertia it has - the more tendency it has to resist changes in its state of motion.

Apples to oranges in the above comparison.

The F150 weighs ALOT more than the small "Mini" Therefore, it is obvisually going to do more damage.

How did the test dummy fare in the Mini crash compared to the F150 crash?

In the mini, there wasnt much "crumple", therfore, the dummy had to stop ALOT more abruptly.

In the F150, there was alot more metal and weight to absorb the impact and furthur slow the dummy's rate of decent.

I'll bet that dummy in the Mini was nearly decapitated by the seat belt and/or slammed the hell out of the steering wheel.

I think if you look at that photo, the crash test dummy in the F-150 has his knees clear up to his chin. I don't think he fared too well.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Ive been unlucky enough to be in an offset crash in a mini back in 1989.
It was a 1978 mini so the build was not as good as the new ones. Anyway, after hitting a 200 year old oak tree at 60mph, nothing came out of it in great shape.

Quick Reply: F150 vs Mini