An icon steps down from her soap box

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I know

Originally Posted by wittom
I wasn't calling you a "mad lib" like a Cindy Sheehan type mad liberal. I ment this kind of "Mad Libs":

CLICK HERE FOR MAD LIBS
I know, I,m just a perpetual smartass.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by rogue1
I,m just a perpetual smartass.
Me too. I just wanted to mention that mad liberal Sheehan again.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. Franko
We have not made the world safer by attacking Iraq in fact I believe we are fostering the creation of more terrorists.
No, this is what has created more terrorist and may be making the world not as safe:

Originally Posted by Dr. Franko
Counting all the collateral expenses like health care for injured service people ec. ec. ad nauseam, some estimates put the cost of the war at a trillion dollars. And some of you want to pour in another trillion or two! And, of course, after Iraq we have a few more countries to colonize.

You don’t get it do you? You’ve been sold down the river by the ruling class, many of whom are becoming even richer as was profiteers. But that’s OK when you are sitting in a state run retirement home, eating Alpo, you can rant about how we kicked Iraq’s ***.
It’s that non-sense from people that, in my opinion, just don’t think things or issues through correctly, logically, or thoroughly…

I think the problem in today’s America is we just have so many people that really just don’t give a damn about anything other then themselves and how many toys they can buy to show their neighbors up, another reason terrorist hate us by the way…

They do not care about their neighbors, they do not care about their children and what kind of world they may leave behind for them as our parents and grand parents did. Nope, today is screw the kids and grandkids because damnit I will buy that surround sound, build in pool and $800,000 home that’s really only worth about $200,000.

The other issue is most Americans today are just plain wuss’s, afraid of their own shadow and honestly believe if we just ignore things they will go away like in the Hollywood movies…

This is not Fantasy land and ignoring problems is what sets up events like jet liners flying into large building in the middle of a beautiful clear day.

That’s ok, let’s ignore them and when they set off a nuke somewhere and kill hundreds of thousands of people it will be ok as long as it don’t screw up the freeway I need to take to purchase my big screen TV…

Keep believing the war on terror, currently being fought in Iraq is creating terrorist and “not” believing the wuss American’s yapping on TV are not creating terrorist, just make sure you have that big screen TV and new surround sound system cranked WAY up so you don’t hear your neighbors child scream when he/she is being decapitated, and damn-it don’t get their blood on my new drive-way or someone’s butt is mine…

Old 06-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
Me too. I just wanted to mention that mad liberal Sheehan again.

This thread is hysterical! Never talk politics....well, unless you're drunk.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:27 AM
626cpe,

off topic here, but i have been to that memorial in clayton tons of times.

to the left was the hardware store (now a christmas shop i think), raks is to the right. the memorial is a nice place to have an ice cream and watch the river go by.

i have a nice water color at home of calamut island which is the backdrop to the memorial.

used to do a lot of bicycle riding up there, and chances are we may have stopped for a break in the cemetery you are speaking of.

we will be up there for 4th of july week this year.

thinking of that area restores my confidence that there are still 'right places' in this country.

(ever have a 'pollys pick' omellette at the koffee kove?)

Last edited by billycouldride; 06-02-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: An icon steps down from her soap box