Why is everyone trading in the F150's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bamorris2
Tired of driving a "slow" vehicle?
I am not trading mine and BTW, mine is not slow

Old 01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Tylus
Mustangs are expensive to own. They have a bad rep with the insurance companies.
I'm only paying $12 more in my Mustang GT than I was in my F150 for insurance per year.

I also get 20 mpg with mixed driving. I've got as high as 23 mpg on the highway.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I bought my 07 fx2 sport to haul my motorcycles and atv's. I also own to other cars (bmws) 1 is a 4 cyclinder and the other one is a 6 cyclinder. I guess im not complaining about gas simply b/c I basically drive the 4 cyclinder everyday and only the truck when its needed.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
At first glance, I'm considering trading mine in for an '09 F150, but the realistic side of me won't. Paid for trucks are the best trucks, and I'm looking to buy a house before the end of the year so I'll be staying in mine for quite a while.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
At first glance, I'm considering trading mine in for an '09 F150, but the realistic side of me won't. Paid for trucks are the best trucks, and I'm looking to buy a house before the end of the year so I'll be staying in mine for quite a while.

I feel you. I have to see it in person but their are some things that I like about it now. So far the only I dont like is the taillights.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I can see why some are trading, but I think a lot of those people need to think real hard about the move first.
I got my truck to get out of another one that was going to need a complete rear end, and the truck was not paid for yet.
I have just about given up on this Ford a few times, it is strange.. but almost every one of the annoyances have showed up on this truck and scared the hall outt me. Then the next time I get in it, it is all smooth and queit.. this keeps happening. So yea I am scared as hall this truck is going to poot out on me with a major , when I am still paying for it. Payment is high and with the cost of living, food gas, trying to keep up three other vehicles.. it gets to be too much and I look at how much this truck is costing me a month after all insurance, fuel and what have you.. it is a blood sucker.
I can not think of any other vehicle I would want in it's place, which is a tell all in itself. I love the overall vehicle as it is if it does not fall apart in three years.. hell twenty years.. I wish I could get a 72 F150 extended super cab. that rode as good as this one and had room for everybody too. No such thing though.

Last edited by Roodoo2; 01-18-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Mine is paid for so there would be no point. My only cost is insurance and gas. Sure gas would go down if I got a commuter car but then I would have a car payment, increased insurance and gas. I get 17 mpg.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Piccolo
AMEN x2

let everyone trade them in so the demand for gasoline goes down a bit and let the prices come down to help my pocket out.
Please explain how is going to demand on gasoline goes down if everyone trade the truck?

The only way to decrease the demand is to destroy the truck and drive a more fuel efficient vehicle.

Quick Reply: Why is everyone trading in the F150's???