Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, here we are, still waiting, the Rubis on the lot, prepped, ready to drive off, and still no money.

But I did get to take it for a test drive, and since I haven't taken delivery yet, it will get the lifetime power train warranty

I'd dump my shares in a heart beat but I'm not allowed to do that for some freakin reason.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Well thanks to some lawyers (at least I'm pretty sure it was lawyers) the merger that was supposed to have been a done deal by the end of July is now expected to close this month.

That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that my wife and decided we needed to get a loan to pay down on some remodeling so we could lock in a contractor or two.

That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that today was margin call on the Rubi, meaning I was told to come pick up my deposit or the Rubi, the dealer wants it sold.

That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that the loans we took out for the remodeling seem to have made our bank less than willing to finance the Rubi, so I went to the lot, got my deposit and kissed the Rubi good bye.

Black wasn't my first choice anyway I guess.

Got a call in to a dealer in nebraska with a red one, we're going to try and dangle that sale and a Pacifica limited for my wife and see if he's willing to bite but that's gonna be the last shot at a Rubi, at least a 4 door for at least a couple of months it looks like.

On a brighter note, the Gehl dealer in is getting a full Advantage package in a couple of weeks with only 100 hours on it, trailer, attachments and all for about $10K under new, so we signed on for that, the trencher is new as well and he's tossing in a snow thrower at cost. No backhoe attachment available though, gonna have to go with one of those towable jobs I guess.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Finally

The bad news is my mother in law is now unemployed

Went shopping for a Jeep tonight after a celebratory dinner of the finest calzone around at Old Chicago, and saw this, now I'm thinking a Jeep isn't a neccessity. Any thoughts?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
eww? @ the truck?

congrats on your mom-in-law being out of work! (as I recall, it is her company that is being acquire, yeah?)
Yep, her hubby dropped out of college to start that company with one straight truck with his dad. He was a very cool guy. Not many like him anymore.

At supper she was more excited about getting her new Mercedes. She had a new GS450 and was driving down the interstate at night a couple months ago in a heavy rain, didn't see the 3 feet of water over the road, bye bye Mercedes, her new one gets delivered tomorrow.

So you don't like the truck? I'm geting the jeep still, looking for a puller, the loader and trailer came in heavier than we thought it would, can't pull it all with the Jeep, the outfit has the loader and a bunch of attatchments.

My wife will be the CEO of Hunnydo Home/Contractor Services. I will be an employee, so nothing changes there

I just hope I can hook up with a Jeep in time to hit the Badlands still and have some top down fun.

Last edited by kretinus; 10-30-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi, having fun, bye

Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Suspended
haha. things still going well?

/craz3d is me

Old 01-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Let's see, when all was said and done, and the government got theirs and the lawyers of course, it was actually 2009 before it was all settled.

By that time the economy had seriously tanked of course so we trashed the business plans, and I ended up expanding a break even hobby into a sideline business and took a part time job in radio production.

Oh yeah, I got one of these in February last year, it's an '07 Sahara, we were going to buy an S package 4 door, when we went to look at it, they had this sitting on the lot with 247 miles on it, being sold as brand new. They got it from a dealer in trade, it had the stall bug at the original dealer apparently, the new one did the recall fix but for some reason couldn't sell it.

There are dealers selling used models in this area, same options with more miles asking more than I paid for mine new, with the lifetime warranty.

I have options for tires too:

Ended up giving my truck to some friends, had a bay, needed two vehicles. Still running strong.

Haven't got stuck yet. our local Jeep club volunteers for county emergency services, had a blast driving around in that first good blizzard a couople months ago.

Those Cooper STTs hook up in snow a lot better than people told me they would, they eat mud for a snack, but they suck for DD so I bought an extra set of rims and kept the Duelers as well.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Suspended
Everything tank bad that your "live comfortable" retirement plans are also done?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
We don't worry about bills, but we still need to moderate our spending like anyone else. We have it structured wisely and conservatively in zero risk instruments. Good thing too because the job market around here for a 47 year old man with a busted *** back is not good to say the least. I may end up back in school if nothing else.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I"m feeling so Superior...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice pics, man.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, ya gotta respect northern Minnesota, spent a week just before opening weekend in the Superior, cruising the service roads and camping and then spent opening weekend in Ely.

Going back up to the Chippewa this fall and let my wife go the cup races by herself. That woman has no pucker factor what so ever.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 AM
nice pictures!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Looks like fun!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Bah, old old thread, should have read the dates before posting! Nice pictures!

Last edited by Pickup Man; 07-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ....