Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wooo Hoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got confirmation from my dealer today, my 2007 Unlimited Rubicon is officially in D status and has an actual VIN !!!!!

Delivery expected 2nd week of June.

On a very bright note, my sales guy turned me on to a private off road club with a very respectable park to play in:

www.miobi.org

I don't believe I have ever looked forward to summer this much since i was in grade waiting for summer break.

On a sad note, my wife bought an Equinox.

I've already found out it has no off road potential at all but hey, I don't have to drive it.

But it is kinda fun to rip around the backroads, the traction control is pretty cool.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
sweet!

How tall are you gonna lift it? What are the specs on the winch you're gonna get? What tires? Electronic lockers all around or just the rear?
For now we're leaving it stock, my wife made that stipulation when she saw some of the modded Jeeps on MIOBI's website, she said I could do whatever I wanted to it after the warranties up though. Yeah I know, I'm whipped but then she's buying me a Rubicon, compromise isn't all that painful.

That being said, Rubi's come stock with 32" BFG mudders and lockers front and rear.

The dealer is trying to figure out how to email me the sticker but this is what I ended up ordering.

Towing Capacity As Configured: 3500 lbs.
Main Paints: Black Clear Coat Included
Roofs: Black Soft Top Included
Trims: Dark Slate Gray/Medium Slate Gray Included
Engines: 3.8-Liter V6 SMPI Engine Included
Transfer Cases: 4:1 Rock-Trac® Part-Time 4WD System Included
Axles - Rear: Next Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle Included
Axles - Front: Next Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle Included
Axles - Gear Ratios: 4.10 Axle Ratio Included
Transmissions: 6-Speed Manual Transmission Included
Seats: Premium Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats Included
Tires: 32" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain Tires Included
Wheels: 17" Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels Included
Load and Towing Groups: Trailer Tow Group $220
Speaker Systems: 368W 7-Spkr Infinity® Sound Sys Incl Subwoofer Included
Sound Systems: AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash CD Plyr/MP3 Capability Included
Convenience/Security Options: Supplemental Front Seat Side Air Bags
Climate Control Options: Air Conditioning Included
Convenience/Security Groups: Power Convenience Group
Additional Options: Dual Top Group
Additional Options: Smoker's Group
Additional Options: Front and Rear Floor Mats
Additional Options: Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Additional Options: Engine Block Heater
Additional Options: Electronic Front Sway Bar Disconnect Included
Additional Options: Locking Fuel Filler Cap
Net Price: $33,025

I was going to order it with the My Gig but apparently that sends your order into limbo land.

I have a Garmin, I can live with it.

Man I can't wait.

We're also doubling our garage space with an addition, and my faithful F150 will have a nice car port to rest under, we're keeping it at least until all the remodeling and such is done.

Last edited by kretinus; 05-10-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by kretinus

Towing Capacity.......
gluttony......
additional excesses.......

Net Price: $33,025
What kind of fuel economy does that thing get? That is important, isn't it? You are aware the planet has a fever, aren't you?

Enjoy. I would if it were me.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by wittom
What kind of fuel economy does that thing get? That is important, isn't it? You are aware the planet has a fever, aren't you?

Enjoy. I would if it were me.
Now see Witty, you keep playing that angle and trying to rain on my pancakes but it doesn't wash.

The 07 Unlimited Rubicon in fact get's better mileage than my '95 F150 and has much better emissions.

And I assure you, I will enjoy it. I get a $100 dollar gas card in the deal

Of course the way it's going that might only get me a half a tank by the time it's delivered.

Contrary to what you might think, I'm not a tree hugger, I just give them a friendly pat now and then.

Last edited by kretinus; 05-10-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
BFG Tires?...odd. That an option of some sort?
Every Rubicon I've ever seen has Goodyear MT/Rs (I love my/these tires)
Nope, BFGs.

They'll do for now until I get used to driving the thing, I plan on hitting the MOIBI park quite a bit for practice.

With names like Butt Crack and Oh **** Hill, it's gotta be fun.

I also plan on the hitting the Iron Range park in Minny.

I gotta admit though, the dealer (Stew hansen in Des Moines) had a 4 door Sahara with a 4" lift and 35" mudders they did for some guy, looked mighty sweet.

The engines aren't powerhouses though, I don't know what effect that would have on performance for daily driving, that's a lot of mass to move.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
So anyway, as my luck seems to go at times, about the 25th, I call Jeep to get a status update, to find out that it went back to D. Meaning it exists only on paper and a few thousand parts scaterred around apparently. No delivery date, nothin.

WTF ?

Then it get's better, other people who were waiting on their orders in the same status started seeing their orders "converted" to 08s, started to panic a bit.

But the dealer called me yesterday, they changed it back to D1 with a delivery date of July 6th, we have reservations for a motel near the Badlands on July 12th for the start of a 4 day shakedown run prior to heading out west.

On a lighter note, we're going to be starting a small business, the '96 F150 is sticking around to haul a stand up skid loader and tandem with a few handy attachments until we get incorporated, then we'll be shopping for a used HD diesel.

And whilst I was in a panic about my Rubi, got a bug up it and spent a few days looking at options.

Test drove:

FJ Cruiser - cute, rides like small pick up and gets buffeted in the wind like a full size one. And it just felt really cramped. Plus it's a true ricer, imported from Japan.

2007 Ranger extended cab with FX4 Level II and a very loud stereo. I liked it, it had potential, but the top don't come off without a sawzall

1999 SVT Cobra convertible - Man was that thing red. Man was that thing fast. Man would that be the perfect vehicle for a 44 year old white male who hasn't had his mid life crisis yet and the top comes down. Man did the wife sooooo shoot that one down

2001 Lightning - Man was that thing red ...

2000 Boxster - It's a Porsche, what the hell do you think my wife said ....

Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by kretinus

Suffice it to say the combined effect on our personal net worth requires that we retain a fairly competent attorney to handle our financial affairs.

May I suggest shopping for a CFP instead of a lawyer. A good CFP will set you up a good financial plan and have relationships with good estate planning attorneys

Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Actually we just need a lawyer to file papers and to handle the settlement of our debts, there are no tax issues as to the initial gift.

After that we blow a little, invest some in the business start up, do a bit of remodeling, dump a big chunk into an timber acreage along the river for a our personal family playground, with the property tax offset by CRP payments, and the rest we just dump into bonds.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
whoop tshhhh, whipped
Yep and drivin a new Rubi down Badlands Loop

And keeping my license ...

Old 07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
July 6th rolls around, no update from Jeep, this is getting ridiculous, the only good news is it has to be rolling soon, it has an 07 VIN, and I passed the deadline to convert to an 08.

Not a big woof yet, merger done, cash will be in hand no later than the 23rd, put a deposit on a camper and canceled all hotel reservations, seems the Badlands has a bit of wheelin territory to explore.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey hey, it went to "I" today, which means it has been built and awaiting final inspection.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Be sure to post up pictures once you finally get it.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Spent most of today playing with utility loaders, think I'm going with a boxer brute and a load of attachments, tiller, trencher, backhoe, box rake, cultivator/seeder, auger, snowblower and dozer blade.

I'll post pictures of that too.

Filing incorporation papers Wednesday, Thursday we start working on advertising, going print, mail and cable, by the end of the month we'll be in business. My former employer should be feeling the dent in his business by the end of August. My plan is to put him out of business before the end of the year.

I know what his highest profit rentals are, I know his overhead, and I have it all covered in a trailerable package, for what he'll charge to rent an auger, bit and extension, I'll drive to your house and punch the holes for you and I'll still pay myself what I was making with him.

I also know how the contractors like things, I've got commitments from a couple dozen already. May not get rich, but I'll make good money working for myself and watch my former boss hit the unemployment line.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah, got ahold of Jeep today, the Rubi is officially done, built, inspected and on a rail car as of 07/06 no less, dealer now tracks it, says it will be here on the 18th.

Apparently they have problems updating their systems, it's been running down the line since 06/28, the glitch from the original date was due to it's being held up while they determined what was causing the stall problem that just was subject to recall.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet.

Quick Reply: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ....