Don't underestimate an attacker with a knife...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintin
From what I've read, you're more likely to die from knife wounds than you are if you got shot.
yeah, I wouldn't want to be stabbed with a nail file, let alone some of the nasty, jagged-edged knives I've seen- and, these knives were at the freaking GAS station...

Old 01-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Quintin
Important safety tip, boys and girls - take someone coming at you with a knife very seriously.
Well duh......

My dad told me: Run from a knife son, but never run from a gun.....
You cant out run a bullet.

I've been on the wrong side, looking down the bussiness end of 2 guns on two different occsaions..... I'd rather face a knife point anyday....

I've only had one knife pulled on me, I couldn't get away.... I kept him busy while my buddy snuck in from the back and disarmed him. Then the brawl broke out.....

I've heard stories of my dad getting one pulled on him in a bar while he was away on training in the NG. They say he took it from the guy and gutted him with his own knife where he stood. (maybe thats why he alwasy told me to never pull a weapon that I didnt want used on me...)

My grandpa, "my moms dad", was killed by a srew driver stuck in his heart when my uncle got attacked by some gang members, in front of his house, long before I was born.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 01-26-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Old 01-27-2007, 03:19 AM
I didn't open the pics, but who the hell in their right mind would underestimate an attacker with a knife?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
I didn't open the pics, but who the hell in their right mind would underestimate an attacker with a knife?
Aparently a drunk.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I've only had a gun pulled on me twice, both times were by police officers.

1.) German Polezei: Outside Nuremburg, West Germany, 1989. I guess we surprised them in our Hummer, and two Polezei standing in the middle of the road pointed their weapons right at the windshield. That'll pucker your you know what. They searched our vehicle- they were looking for 3 escaped prisoners.

2.) US Army MP's: Fort Hood, TX- 1992. A car "matching the description of mine" was reportedly in one of the subdivisions, and had fired shots... Turns out I knew one of the MP's (He didn't draw his weapon), but his sergeant did. They searched my car while I talked s*&t.

Wasn't cool either time- especially with the Polezei whose "guns" were uzi-looking sub machine guns.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighersh
I've only had a gun pulled on me twice, both times were by police officers.

1.) German Polezei: Outside Nuremburg, West Germany, 1989. I guess we surprised them in our Hummer, and two Polezei standing in the middle of the road pointed their weapons right at the windshield. That'll pucker your you know what. They searched our vehicle- they were looking for 3 escaped prisoners.

2.) US Army MP's: Fort Hood, TX- 1992. A car "matching the description of mine" was reportedly in one of the subdivisions, and had fired shots... Turns out I knew one of the MP's (He didn't draw his weapon), but his sergeant did. They searched my car while I talked s*&t.

Wasn't cool either time- especially with the Polezei whose "guns" were uzi-looking sub machine guns.
US police dont bother me, I know I was drawn on a time or two back in the day, but wasnt a big deal. I knew as long as I comply, dont make any sudden movements and keep my hands visiable, then they arent going to squezze the trigger unless they feel threatened. So me being me, I complied and cracked jokes to make them drop thier guard and feel as comfortable as I can.

Over seas would bother me, I dont know what thhier policy for engagment is......

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 01-27-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Don't underestimate an attacker with a knife...