Any Chihuahua owners? Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if there is a certain bloodline of Chi's that don't act like your typical chi? There is a wonderful breeder in Greenville,SC, that I might call. She would probably know.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Best little dog I have ever had(still do) is a mini-rat terrier. She is 10lbs and the only animal I allow in the house. I have two other large dogs. She is mildly needy but I do carry her with me everywhere possible. Mine only has three legs but that is another story. She is respectful in the house and will bark and motion to go outside. Great animal.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by InstantGrits
Best little dog I have ever had(still do) is a mini-rat terrier. She is 10lbs and the only animal I allow in the house. I have two other large dogs. She is mildly needy but I do carry her with me everywhere possible. Mine only has three legs but that is another story. She is respectful in the house and will bark and motion to go outside. Great animal.
Maggie(in my sig), is a standard Rat Terrier. Had many dogs over the years, mostly mutts. She is the smartest and best ever. But, don't get a rat terrier unless you want the dog to be a real part of your life. They are miserable if they are not right there with you doing what you are doing, hunting running or some other activity.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Fireboy,
Didn't realize you were in SC, and I assume someplace close to Greenville. I got Ranger from Pup-E-Luv Kennel in Laurens, SC. A lady named Sandra Clark owns it and is big time into the dog shows. I had a hard time convincing her to sell me Ranger as he was from a long line of Show winners....
Looks like she has several pups for sale now.

Here's her web site.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Get a Cat.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by vader716
Get a Cat.
Not bad advise. Cats are a lot less trouble, but they just don't want to be your buddy like a dog.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Harleyrider, I believe that is the lady I was referring to in an earlier post. I'm not sure though, I can't remember if that was the place or not. Thanks for the link. As far as cats go, Apparently you guys didn't read my replies to another post. I'll skip the cat, thanks.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fireboy
...As far as cats go, Apparently you guys didn't read my replies to another post. I'll skip the cat, thanks.
That's why I said it....

Old 01-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Talking

Vader, you never answered my question about your fight with Obi-wan.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fireboy
Vader, you never answered my question about your fight with Obi-wan.
I guess I missed it...sorry.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I hear they make great fishing baits for muskie and Pike!!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
I have a chihuahua, rat terrier, and a mini dachshund. Cocoa the chihuahua was the first one of the 3. He is a smaller chihuahua. He is not an agressive dog at all, but he doesn't like men or visitors. He sees me and goes and hides, but he loves women and kids, lets them do anything with him. When visitors come over he goes under the couch (funny to hear a barking couch)and barks until he is comfortable with the visitors being around. My best friend has cocoa's brother from the same litter. He lives next door. His chihuahua is big and stocky (for a chi) and is very agressive, but not a biter. Same litter, as different as night and day in appearance as well as demeaner. We love the chihuahuas, but when he and the rat terrier both die we'll be sticking with the mini dachshund breed. That dog is the best dog I've ever had, next to a german shepherd. We have a smaller yard, so a small breed dog works well for us. Hope the chihuahua input helps.
LOL,my sister has a tea cup chihuahua named Cocoa.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
LOL,my sister has a tea cup chihuahua named Cocoa.
I think mine is a teacup too, he's so dainty and frail looking, but it's all a disguise. He's also brown with the normal lighter markings.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I am on my second CHI and I love it to death of course I have a lab also but my little CHI is a little bundle of fire. He isnt one of the winny, mean barking type he is laid back and will let you know when somebody is there. He sleeps in the bed with you or he will retreive. He is way smarter than my old female. After he is laid to rest I will have another one. I love them for house dogs I agree some can be a pain just look around and you will get the right one.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
I think mine is a teacup too, he's so dainty and frail looking, but it's all a disguise. He's also brown with the normal lighter markings.

I never imagined you having a "dainty" dog.

Quick Reply: Any Chihuahua owners? Need advice.