Tokyo Rose

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you ever spoken to a soldier who has been over there? I doubt it. You can quote all the crap you want from CNN and the 6 oclock news that you want, but even you have to realize that bad news sells, the pics of the meetings with tribal elders, the troops giving food to kids and building schools, hospitals etc never makes the headlines. Why, cause liberal fools dont want to see it cause it doesnt support their opinion that we should all hold hands and talk it over with those terrorist scumbags.

Its the same here in Canada, only time the CBC (total joke) ever showed anything about our soldiers meeting with village elders was when one was attacked by an al quida ******* with an axe. Not one word about the reconstruction, or even the building of a major road to connect the provinces to provide easier acces for the Afghan people. Only when someone is hurt. Get it allready, this BS you keep saying about how everyone thinks that the military and the mission is evil is total crap.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by 89Lariat
Have you ever spoken to a soldier who has been over there? I doubt it. You can quote all the crap you want from CNN and the 6 oclock news that you want, but even you have to realize that bad news sells, the pics of the meetings with tribal elders, the troops giving food to kids and building schools, hospitals etc never makes the headlines. Why, cause liberal fools dont want to see it cause it doesnt support their opinion that we should all hold hands and talk it over with those terrorist scumbags.

Its the same here in Canada, only time the CBC (total joke) ever showed anything about our soldiers meeting with village elders was when one was attacked by an al quida ******* with an axe. Not one word about the reconstruction, or even the building of a major road to connect the provinces to provide easier acces for the Afghan people. Only when someone is hurt. Get it allready, this BS you keep saying about how everyone thinks that the military and the mission is evil is total crap.
I never have said that our Soldiers are evil. I have the utmost respect for them. They do not get to pick or choose how or where they serve. In addition I have no doubt that many of them have made friends and influenced many Iraqis in a positive way.

I just do not believe the price we have paid can in anyway be justified by the results and furthermore do not believe that we should continue to proceed as it seem very unlikely that things will improve even if we continue to pour resources into the mess.

I don't think that another 10 billion or 21,000 more troops is going to solve the sectarian civil war.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
So we just leave them to brutally slaughter eachother and which ever fanatic wins gets to take over? And we end up with another radical islamist regime in the region.

And no they dont get to pick and choose, they voluntarily join and serve their country and the C in C.

"Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die" may not seem like the greatest way to do your job, but every soldier from Admirals/Generals down to Privates, Sea and Airmen all have a duty and they all do it to their utmost.

They may not all want to be there, hell I know damn near every one of them would want to be home, but they have a job to do and they get up and go to their post, whether that be a checkpoint, the ****pit of an F-18, behind the wheel of a supply truck or the bridge of a ship. The war will be won, it will take time, support and patience, something people these days seem to be lacking.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Franko
. They do not get to pick or choose how or where they serve. I just do not believe the price we have paid
Ever hear of conscientious objector?they don't have to be there.THEY SIGNED UP!
And who's the "We" you talk about? you got a turd in your pocket? have you not stopped to think that a poll is not as accurate as some want you to believe. if you ask someone if he supports the war and he is conservative and does not answer, they do not count him as a supporter, they label him as not supporting. if you ask an iraqi how he feels and he is scared because he knows that insurgents are watching him, of course he will be intimidated into saying"GET OUT"

Old 01-26-2007, 02:24 PM
To cut and run from Afghanistan and Iraq now will result in every soldier's, contractor's, and diplomat's death being in vain. Not to mention all those who died at work in the Towers on 9/11. Along with every member of the NYPD, FDNY, Porth Authority Police, and every civillian who stayed longer to try and save others. They would have all sacrificed themselves for nothing. Do I want there to be a war? No, but they have vowed to kill every non believer in islam. This is one war that the Western world cannot run from, and must win.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 PM
S1037 what do think you should give more weight to, anecdotal evidence, or a broader based survey?

I think it is you who have the mind of a turd.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Suspended
I never have said that our Soldiers are evil. I have the utmost respect for them. They do not get to pick or choose how or where they serve. In addition I have no doubt that many of them have made friends and influenced many Iraqis in a positive way.

I just do not believe the price we have paid can in anyway be justified by the results and furthermore do not believe that we should continue to proceed as it seem very unlikely that things will improve even if we continue to pour resources into the mess.

I don't think that another 10 billion or 21,000 more troops is going to solve the sectarian civil war.
The price "we" paid?

No American soldier would want to be included in ANY group by association, or otherwise with you. Don't be so bold as to claim yourself among those making the sacrifice. It's people like you that bring down the moral of the nation, and make us look weaker to our enemies abroad. And that weakness costs lives.

The ones costing us lives are the ones complaining about it. ie, you.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 PM
S1037 what do think you should give more weight to, anecdotal evidence, or a broader based survey?

I think it is you who have the mind of a turd.
Hmm, I dont know. Maybe those who have been there and seen first hand the progress that has been made. But, wait that would mean the truth, but we cant have that now can we. Dont forget most of the people who answered that survey either are bleeding heart libs who would rather just forget about it rather than actually do someting, and the others have been fed the same crap from CNN and the other less than objective reporters and know nothing of what it really happening.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
The price "we" paid?

No American soldier would want to be included in ANY group by association, or otherwise with you. Don't be so bold as to claim yourself among those making the sacrifice. It's people like you that bring down the moral of the nation, and make us look weaker to our enemies abroad. And that weakness costs lives.

The ones costing us lives are the ones complaining about it. ie, you.
P.S. Appears I have won the debate as you are clearly enraged by your inability to continue in a logical manner.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
What logic, you have basically just avoided every point against your views and brought up some other BS. Everything you bring up has been shot down.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
If the american people are so against the war in Iraq, why haven't the Dems, who by the way control both houses of congress, defunded it as their first order of business?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by s1037s
Ever hear of conscientious objector?they don't have to be there.THEY SIGNED UP!
have you not stopped to think that a poll is not as accurate as some want you to believe. if you ask someone if he supports the war and he is conservative and does not answer, they do not count him as a supporter, they label him as not supporting.
A pretty accurate poll was held this past november---it was called a general election,and, even by "W's" account, they got a whuppin. Pretty accurate, poll, I would say.

Tim C.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by fairlaner
If the american people are so against the war in Iraq, why haven't the Dems, who by the way control both houses of congress, defunded it as their first order of business?
Because even though they will never admit it, they know its the right thing to do.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:08 PM
The Dems have taken over Congress, Ws approval ratings are at 33%. The majority of the American public doesn’t support the war. The Dems may take over the White House due to the war.

The illegals are streaming across the borders, the Democrats will now further their agenda(s) which you despise.

We have spent over 350 Billion (and the meter is still running)

+3000 American lives (and counting)

Civil War in Iraq with no end in sight.

Tens of thousands of Iraqis killed so far.

Absolutely no reduction in the possibility of Terrorist attacks.

The judgement is in!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
I was wondering Dr Franko, do you have any children? If so, do you give a crap about their future? Do you honestly believe that if we pull out, that they won't build up their strength, terrorise their own people into joining their quest for killing us, and have a safe haven to do all this in? You know it's going to happen. How many 9/11's do we have to suffer through to get the point across that we HAVE TO defeat the terrorists and NOW!!

You, along with many other Americans, may not support the war, but the war is needed to protect us and secure our future free of terrorists.

Nobody made me nor anyone else serving in the military sign up, nor did they make me volunteer to go to Iraq, but most of us feel it is our duty to do so, and support the war because it so vital for our future, as well as many others around the world.

I am not trying to insult you or your beliefs, but running away will only hurt us more in the future. This war is neccesary.

Quick Reply: Tokyo Rose