Wind problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind problem

I have a 2000 F150 extended cab flare side 4x4. When I am going down the highway and the wind is blowing across the truck from drivers to passenger side, the wind howls inside the truck something aweful! The weather stripping seems to be perfectly fine. I notice when I am sitting in the passenger seat and it is windy the door looks like it moves when the wind catches it slightly. Could it be my door just needs tightening and adjusting? Should I take it to the dealer? We are getting ready to take a 2 day drive in June, and I am NOT listening to THAT for the whole ride........LOL Just thought maybe some of you all had run across this problem before and had some suggestions.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check the hinge bolts to see if theyre loose or not. check latches.

if you have some way of making smoke that you dont mind putting in your truck, get a buddy to set in the truck and slowly run it near the seals at the doors and windows. if smoke comes out, mark the spot and put some putty (theres a certain kind they make for this) underneath the seal in that spot.

it may just be time to replace the seals.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weatherstripping shrinks as it dries out. It can look fine with no cracks or any visiable signs of age, but it has shrunk. It's 7 years old, you can adjust your door hinges and latch bolt, but then your body lines are going to be off, your door will be sunk in. I'd replace the 7 year old weather stripping. Cheap and you can do it yourself, all you need is the replacemnet weather stripping and a tube of Gorrilla Snot.

Quick Reply: Wind problem