American Idol time

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think William Huff ( she bangs ) started a trend with AI. Most people tune in to see how bad everyone is during the auditions. It's funny and entertaining to watch. Once auditons are over, it's down to business and serious. I like the show. I think it really gives some people the chance of a lifetime, that they may otherwise have not gotten.

If you seriously don't know what AI is, you must be living under a rock. It's all over the place.

And...I listened to an interview with Daughtry yesterday on Sirius, I thought he said his band was still the band he was with before AI..maybe I'm wrong....LT?? you should know.

Oh..real quick, did it warm up in Texas yet? Wouldn't want poor Budha's little toes to get cold while he's trying to work..he is working today right??

BREW

Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I saw parts of AI last night and the crazed red guy was just to funny, I don't care if he was strange he was funny. I believe he took himself seriously.
as good as Freddy Mercury....Bwahahahaha.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
I think William Huff ( she bangs ) started a trend with AI. Most people tune in to see how bad everyone is during the auditions. It's funny and entertaining to watch. Once auditons are over, it's down to business and serious. I like the show. I think it really gives some people the chance of a lifetime, that they may otherwise have not gotten.

If you seriously don't know what AI is, you must be living under a rock. It's all over the place.

And...I listened to an interview with Daughtry yesterday on Sirius, I thought he said his band was still the band he was with before AI..maybe I'm wrong....LT?? you should know.

Oh..real quick, did it warm up in Texas yet? Wouldn't want poor Budha's little toes to get cold while he's trying to work..he is working today right??

BREW
Brew....Chris Daughtry's new band is not the band he was with prior, Absent Element. Per the post by BigTRQ, we don't know what happened with that. I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now), that some of the AE members didn't want to follow Chris into touring due to them having families. I know a couple of the members in his new band are from the same area in North Carolina as him. So he is sticking to his NC roots. I was hoping that Abesent Element would continue being his band, however calling him a sellout isn't fair without knowing the details. He has remained true to his music.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Brew....Chris Daughtry's new band is not the band he was with prior, Absent Element. Per the post by BigTRQ, we don't know what happened with that. I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now), that some of the AE members didn't want to follow Chris into touring due to them having families. I know a couple of the members in his new band are from the same area in North Carolina as him. So he is sticking to his NC roots. I was hoping that Abesent Element would continue being his band, however calling him a sellout isn't fair without knowing the details. He has remained true to his music.
Boy does well on AI, boy gets recording contract offer. Company says, "we want you, not your band". Boy says, "Ok, I want to sing, sorry guys". Am I missing something?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by BigTRQ
Boy does well on AI, boy gets recording contract offer. Company says, "we want you, not your band". Boy says, "Ok, I want to sing, sorry guys". Am I missing something?

Yes....the fact that you don't know if Absent Element wanted to go with him. I'm sure they were aware of what being on American Idol could mean for them. According to their website, they were all pulling for him.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Yes....the fact that you don't know if Absent Element wanted to go with him. I'm sure they were aware of what being on American Idol could mean for them. According to their website, they were all pulling for him.
lol thats the funniest thing i've ever heard. i bet thats all of their life long dream's, and your saying they didnt want to??

Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Smeezy 05 Screw
lol thats the funniest thing i've ever heard. i bet thats all of their life long dream's, and your saying they didnt want to??
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! What I wanted to say, but only in much nicer terms. Had Absent Element been asked to back Chris, they'd have said, "Hell Yes!" in a heartbeat.

Of course Absent Element would say they support Chris. I mean, come on, if they said they didn't, they would stand to lose many fans that were there only to see/hear Chris in the first place. They know what they're doing by coming off as "Mr. Niceguys".

Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I remember from early on with Daughtry that they asked him "if you make it, then what about your band" he said something along the lines of they know how it is, blah blah, they'll support me, blah blah, they know it'll be just me, blah blah...

Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
<snip, useless info>

BREW
Yeah it warmed up but I'm still here!!!!!!

Budha

Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
i only ever watch the auditions.. usually the worst singer gets to the top like last year.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by BigTRQ
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! What I wanted to say, but only in much nicer terms. Had Absent Element been asked to back Chris, they'd have said, "Hell Yes!" in a heartbeat.

Of course Absent Element would say they support Chris. I mean, come on, if they said they didn't, they would stand to lose many fans that were there only to see/hear Chris in the first place. They know what they're doing by coming off as "Mr. Niceguys".
Smeezy 05 Screw

Guess you think you shut me up. All I'm saying is we don't know. I'm sure there are many musicians out there that may have left their original bands to go on to better things. He's a talented guy and deserves the recognition he is getting.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last year was the first year I watched AI. I was waiting for the show after AI to come on so I fipped over and Catherine McPhee was finishing the show. From that point on I watched every week. I'll watch a couple of the new season, but if noone catches my ear I wont watch.

Quick Reply: American Idol time