Lets talk football

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kobiashi
While I have just started to enjoy football, I wouldn't rate it as the manly of man things.

Put 'merican football plays up against English Rugby players or Australian Rules Football players and you'll discover that their whimps.
I agree. But pound for pound, and body type for body type, the NFL has the best athletes in the world.

On a more somber note - I will be burning my Raiders apparel in the street this weekend. Hope no longer springs eternal.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordWask
He's 6' 2"... not too shripmy.

Also, please don't forget that "shripmpy" QB was the Big East offensive player of the year....

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.co...he-year-award/

ah man i can't stand that cat!! i was hoping every other team's defensive line would crush him in a sack. i just can't stand him!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by vader716
Ravens have the number one ranked defense.

Our offense is ranked in the middle of the league

We have already beaten San Diego

We have a great road record.

And we carry weapons shoulder pads just in case.

The rest of the league has no chance.

Ravens vs Cowboys

Ravens Win.

Festivus Maximus Part Deux
You got us by a field goal. You think that means you are a definitively better team? Great road record? good for you. The Chargers will likely have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, you won't. Oh yeah, we're undefeated at home...

We have TWO losses all year, each by a field goal. Mind you, they were also BOTH early in the season before Rivers got some live action...he's had a season to get comfortable now. He's better...

Oh, and remember that thing called Marty Ball that was the ONLY reason we lost that game? don't count on seeing that again, sorry.

The Chargers are UNDENIABLY the best overall team in the NFL. If your Ravens were so good, why doesn't their record show it? And why aren't they ranked #1 week in and week out on ESPN or SI polls?

It says a lot for the Chargers to be ranked #1 because they came out of nowhere and have a pretty pathetic fan base compared to other teams in the NFL. They're good, REALLY good.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ravens schmavens. Should be the Browns anyway.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Ravens schmavens. Should be the Browns anyway.
eww... gotta love them steelers

i also agree the chargers are the team to beat. yes ole balteeeemore is pretty good, and an awesome defense, but we'll see what happens when the playoffs begin. the wild card race should be very exciting these next two weeks.

god i love football!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My team's preparing for draft day. My poor Redskins.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM
The Clowns---er, um---the Browns are still trying to figure out that moral victories do not count in the NFL---the "Not For Long" football. Perhaps they have another chance this year to do what they do best---to screw up on draft day.

TSC

Old 12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Ive been a Green Bay Packer fan all fo my life they havent done crap in about 2 years now. Right now I think the San Diego Chargers are the best all around team and are the team to beat.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 AM
It's awesome...The Patriots are getting no love at all. Even when Zapster says anything about them....the only reply is to his misspelling. I love it....keep it up and make the Patriots underdogs, yet again...

SD is the best team in the NFL this year....but so was Indi last year and the year before....

Belichick and Brady, enough said

Old 12-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
You got us by a field goal. You think that means you are a definitively better team? Great road record? good for you. The Chargers will likely have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, you won't. Oh yeah, we're undefeated at home...

We have TWO losses all year, each by a field goal. Mind you, they were also BOTH early in the season before Rivers got some live action...he's had a season to get comfortable now. He's better...

Oh, and remember that thing called Marty Ball that was the ONLY reason we lost that game? don't count on seeing that again, sorry.

The Chargers are UNDENIABLY the best overall team in the NFL. If your Ravens were so good, why doesn't their record show it? And why aren't they ranked #1 week in and week out on ESPN or SI polls?

It says a lot for the Chargers to be ranked #1 because they came out of nowhere and have a pretty pathetic fan base compared to other teams in the NFL. They're good, REALLY good.
No doubt the Chargers are the best overall team. LT is the man and Rivers looks good. But being the best overall team and bringing home the trophy don't always equate.

The Ravens have already been there, done it, and know how to get it done. Our defense is devastating and when they played the Chargers we didn't have the offense genius as the Off Coordinator. The Bitty Bolts will see the Ravens in the AFC Championship and then they'll have a great view of the Superbowl on their Hi-Def from CA. No worries though...we'll keep the trophy in the AFC.

EDIT:

By the way I googled for images of a San Diego Superbowl celebration to make it fair but came up empty....huh..go figure

Last edited by vader716; 12-20-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
You're cool!
Thank you. You might be too someday, but I have my doubts.

It's easy to be a nay sayer, but why not put your own neck out there and justify why you think team X will win.
I did. Can you not read in context? I said I think this is SD's (That's San Diego's if you missed that) year, but I think if the Broncos and Cutler can get it together, they have a shot as well. Is that being a nay sayer? I think not.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 1969Mach
Thank you. You might be too someday, but I have my doubts.

I did. Can you not read in context? I said I think this is SD's (That's San Diego's if you missed that) year, but I think if the Broncos and Cutler can get it together, they have a shot as well. Is that being a nay sayer? I think not.
then I guess you don't THINK very well at all. Go look nay sayer up and maybe you can figure this one out.

If you need help, just ask.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Read an article today about the pathetic NFC and that the AFC has won the last three Super Bowls.

Trivia question:
Quick, name all of the AFC teams that won the Super Bowl after the '83 Raiders and before the '97 Broncos.

That's right, 13 years of NFC dominance.
The pendulum swings both ways.

40 Super Bowls, the NFC leads 21-19.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by FoxSports
This team stinks. Shut out for the third time this season, Oakland fell to 2-12 and lost their seventh straight game on Sunday. There's no reason to watch the Raiders. They're not fun to watch. They're not young. And they're not disciplined. Passing on Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, and even Kellen Clemens for safety Michael Huff in the '06 NFL Draft is turning out to be just a mind-boggling decision by the Oakland brass.
I love it.

Quick Reply: Lets talk football