My MVD Rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My MVD Rant

Today I go in to simply get a replacement for my driver's license. I needed an updated pic, updated address and wanted to change the DL#.

"Uh oh...", says the lady. "It won't let me go any further. It says that your license is cancelled."

WTF?!! I've NEVER EVER had a ticket!!!

Quick... Rewind to 1998.

A hippie guy with an afro driving a red yellow and green VW bus gets pulled for SPEEDING in Parker, AZ. He(I) goes to jail for driving on a suspended license. Evidently, I had an unpaid $30 fine in South Carolina in 1990 for not providing a proof of insurance form when I got my LEARNER'S PERMIT!!! I moved to AZ in 1991, never even knowing there was a fine because I never even GOT a license in SC.

So, I move to AZ in 1991, get my license here, RENEW my license in AZ in 1998 with no problems and this all never coming up.

Now I'm in a jail cell in Parker, AZ watching a half retarded guy, drooling biscuits and gravy down his face and an Elvis look alike that won't sit down... He just keeps pacing... Not to mention the freakin' stink bugs in my hair now from having to lay on the floor!!! I go to court, explain myself to the judge and he says he'll quash (sp) the charges upon getting this all straightened out with SC. I do and he does.

Fast forward to present (16 M****** years after this problem FRICKIN' STARTED!!!)

This crap is STILL haunting me. But they can't find any record of WHY it's still showing up...

So, I guess for 16 years, I've been driving illegally. WTF?!!

I'm so pissed right now... You have no idea how long and hard I've worked to keep my life straight after seeing the lives of my friends deteriorate from lives of crime.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You freakin criminal!!!

If you do the crime, then you do the time....

Although 16 years seems a little stiff for a no insurance ticket. IMO, but hey I'm not the judge, jury, nor executioner here so my opinion is meaningless.

Just kidding ya bro, trying to make light of the situation..
That really sucks rattle snake *****. Hope you get it straightened out.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry for your problems. But I may have some idea of the situation.

SC may have come on board the Interstate Drivers License pak late in the game, after the records of your suspension are lost in the shuffle.

It's not the fault of Arizona MVD. It's SC that is still showing your license or "driving previledge" suspended. SC notifies all other states that you have an outstanding ticket in their state.

For years truck drivers would get a license in what ever state did not share info. Get a bunch of tickets and then get a license in another state, or have multiple license at the same time. Now it's all connected and pretty hard to do.

Hopefully SC will solve the problem at that end so you can get it fixed here.

When you get time, shoot me an e-mail.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Just be glad Sheriff Joe doesn't know about you or you'd really be mad.

How did you renew between 98 and now without problems?

Call the court and ask them to straighten this out. I can't imagine they won't remove it after all this time, especially since there should be a record of the judge removing it. If you get no satisfaction from them, contact the judge's clerk (assuming he's still a judge). He/she should be able to take care of it.

Don't stress. It accomplishes nothing other than to make you more stressed. Judges/court clerks/ and such are reasonable. Approach them politely and I'm sure you'll be good to go in no time.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Don't stress. It accomplishes nothing.
A wise man once said,
"Stressing is like a rocking chair.
It passes the time but it doesn't get you any where. - Van Wilder"

Old 08-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Suspended
I am guessing that 1998 was a typo and what you really meant to type is 1988. How did you renew your license all the years in between? Why did you want to change you license number anyhow?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe to escape the past that has suddenly caught up with him.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Don't mention the DMV to me. They're on my ***** list right now. Just trying to renew your license and you're treated like a criminal.

Hope you get this solved easily Bruzr.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
I am guessing that 1998 was a typo and what you really meant to type is 1988. How did you renew your license all the years in between? Why did you want to change you license number anyhow?
Nope, 1998 is correct. AZ is weird when it comes to driver's licenses... Mine doesn't expire until 2035. I want the number changed because it's currently my SSN. I don't want that readily available these days.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
So what all do you have to do to clear it all up?
Don't know yet... I have to go back tomorrow to the MVD so they can try and find out what to do.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
2035!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think ours expire AT MOST like every 5 years...dang
That's what I was thinking.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah, huh...

I found out today that the only thing required is to come have a new pic taken every 12 years... WTF...

Old 08-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Hope you get it all straightened out soon. Dealing with the DMV is a pain in the butt on the best of days

Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Bruz,
You may end up having to hire a local lawyer here to help you with the leg work to clear in SC. What area of the state did this occur, i.e. where did you get the charge for no proof? I can supply you some numbers of the the main DMV branch in Blythwood, SC if you need it. You should also be able to find contact info online for them. Finding the judge or anyone else involved in a case over 16 years ago will most likely get you nowhere. Your best bet is to pay the old fine, any penalties and the reinstatement fee to clear your SC charges.
I stopped a guy that has lived here for almost 20 years and when I ran him he came back suspended out of Dade County Florida. His story is almost the same as yours and he's been at it for 6 months with a lawyer trying to get the Fla. crap straightened out. He cannot currently drive due to the suspension and has to come back to court each month to give the judge a progress report....

Old 08-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by harleyrider
Bruz,
You may end up having to hire a local lawyer here to help you with the leg work to clear in SC. What area of the state did this occur, i.e. where did you get the charge for no proof? I can supply you some numbers of the the main DMV branch in Blythwood, SC if you need it. You should also be able to find contact info online for them. Finding the judge or anyone else involved in a case over 16 years ago will most likely get you nowhere. Your best bet is to pay the old fine, any penalties and the reinstatement fee to clear your SC charges.
I stopped a guy that has lived here for almost 20 years and when I ran him he came back suspended out of Dade County Florida. His story is almost the same as yours and he's been at it for 6 months with a lawyer trying to get the Fla. crap straightened out. He cannot currently drive due to the suspension and has to come back to court each month to give the judge a progress report....
I paid the fine (Sent it in the mail) and it was all taken care of back in 1998. That's why I'm so irritated. It happened in my hometown, Charleston.

Quick Reply: My MVD Rant