Lunch With Kobi!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lunch With Kobi!!

A few weeks ago in one of the threads here, Kobi said he was going to be on the east coast this past weekend. Thru the posts Kobi said that he would be happy to meet with me and have lunch and a beer, but thought it was to far away for me to drive. Me being the nice guy I am said "heck, for lunch and a beer, I'll drive just about anywhere". Plus, what are the chances of me ever meeting a member from the left coa...I mean from California? Let alone, the one and only Kobi? So plans were made and lunch it was. Vader and Billycouldride made the trip also and we all met for lunch. I have to say, what a great group of guys. It's kind of weird at first meeting guys I have only talked to online and never seeing pictures of any of them. I was also wondering the entire 2 hour ride.."what if they don't show up? What the hell do I do then?" LOL. But they were all there. We had a blast, good food, good beer, good conversation. Kobi is such a great guy. I could sit and talk with him for hours. Billycouldride is a pretty cool guy as well. VADER, well thats another story....I'll give him a second chance when we go offroading and camping in September. I'll report back then as to what kind of person he is.

Kobi, Billy..., Vader...I had a great time. We have to do it again sometime.

Kobi, Thank you. I owe you one..Next time it's on me.

BREW

VADER...you know I'm just messin with ya

Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll have to take your word on Vader, he is the one person in this entire world that I can never meet. If we ever do then it cold bring catasrophic consequences the likes our measly mortal human minds can not fathom.

Since he seems to have mirrored my every actions, everything from life roads to annual family holiday traditions for atleast the last 11-12 years then he has to be a pretty cool guy.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I would have loved to join except i would have had to leave a good 20 hours early.....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I would have loved to join except i would have had to leave a good 20 hours early.....
You could have swung down and picked me up.
Drive 10 hour shifts, we could have made it there ate then turned around and drove home. 40 hours of driving to eat!!! It'd beter be dang good....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm back!!

Ah . . . the left coast!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to (in alphabetical order so as not to offend)
billycouldride, brewdude, and vader716 for taking the time and effort to drive insanely long distances to meet for lunch.

It was really a pleasure to meet you all (y'all) and yak (although I think I was rude and did most of the talking . . . sorry about that. Like my posts, I am rather long winded).

Mag - you need not worry about causing some sort of galaxy or universal level implusion or whatever. It turns out that the four of us are remarkably alike and no harm came to the universe (as far as we know).

This is a pic of us sitting in our booth:

If anything was going to end existence as we know it, that would have been it.

Thanks again you guys. I really enjoyed meeting you and appreciate your coming out to Princeton.

Last edited by kobiashi; 08-07-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
God you guys are ugly...

Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Wasn't this a microbrewery? Where's the beers?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 AM
This pic taken after the table was cleared.

I know Brew had a glass of the Honey Wheat beer, I can't remember if the others had any, I didn't.

You can visit their site here:

http://www.triumphbrewing.com/launchindex.html

They list descriptions of what each of their restaurants brew.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:17 AM
K - Glad you made it back in one piece.

It was cool and I had a great time meeting you guys. Although I must say the trip home wasn't as great. I think Kobi left behind that CA traffic....4 miles in 40 minutes at a toll booth and that was with an EZ-PASS.

My wife had advice....dont go anywhere with them ...you don't know them. Stay in public, what if they don't show up, etc. After the "Hi I'm Jim..uh...you know Vader..." introductions were over the conversation went great.

3 hours in no time....although I didn't get that tour of the Princeton campus and the backdrop of House...I forgot about it and frankly big K didn't remind me. (Or he was trying to make a not so hasty retreat).

Great bunch of guys.

A few things I've learned...

1. Don't step onto a steep roof...you end up with a weird tattoo as a memory.

2. When you are use to having someone pumping your gas and you're in another state it takes a few minutes of wondering "What the heck are they doing" before you realize they aren't coming to fill your car up.

3. I have a new test for build quality on cars and some of us are better equipped to deal with the insanity of this board than others.

See you in September Brew....bring that strap...I plan on pulling that pretty black FX4 out of something with the Lariat.

Oh and Kobi...like I said in my email....I owe you one.

And the pic turned out good....

Last edited by vader716; 08-08-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Wasn't this a microbrewery? Where's the beers?
No beer for me...I don't drink...I went crazy and had a coke and a burger.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Mag - you need not worry about causing some sort of galaxy or universal level implusion or whatever. It turns out that the four of us are remarkably alike and no harm came to the universe (as far as we know).
It shouldn't....
You see you guys can all meet him, in fact he can meet any one else in the world, except me.
I can meet you guys, in fact I can meet anyone else in the world except vader.

If Vader and I were to ever meet, then it could be a catastrophe event the likes of which this universe has never seen. We can only attempt to theorize on the consequences if two parallel lives ended up on the same plane of the same dimension, and what would happen if those two happened to meet. For that reason he and I can never meet.
We aren’t just talking people on earth as we know it, but every living thing in the universe and potentially many universes. An uneducated guess but I am inclined to say that we are talking about close to eleventy kabilion people, then multiply that by a hundred, twineven kazillion for the other life forms.

Now I've messed up a time or two in my life..... I've probably hurt a lot of people in my life. Yet I'm not prepared to be responsible for that kind of cataclysm.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Matt's right....Doc from Back to the future explains it. Our similarities are uncanny....down to the coffee makers.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
It shouldn't....
You see you guys can all meet him, in fact he can meet any one else in the world, except me.
I can meet you guys, in fact I can meet anyone else in the world except vader.

If Vader and I were to ever meet, then it could be a catastrophe event the likes of which this universe has never seen. We can only attempt to theorize on the consequences if two parallel lives ended up on the same plane of the same dimension, and what would happen if those two happened to meet. For that reason he and I can never meet.
We aren’t just talking people on earth as we know it, but every living thing in the universe and potentially many universes. An uneducated guess but I am inclined to say that we are talking about close to eleventy kabilion people, then multiply that by a hundred, twineven kazillion for the other life forms.

Now I've messed up a time or two in my life..... I've probably hurt a lot of people in my life. Yet I'm not prepared to be responsible for that kind of cataclysm.

So if you met by chance it could be Vaders fault and you would not have the responsiblity of that univerersal cataclysm. He who was born first has the right of way.....

Old 08-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by silversvt04
So if you met by chance it could be Vaders fault and you would not have the responsiblity of that univerersal cataclysm. He who was born first has the right of way.....
You ain't saddling me with that burden. Besides maybe I was born first...I think we are both 30.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by silversvt04
We are both 30,

I am 10-21-75 @ 12:00 midnight.

Quick Reply: Lunch With Kobi!!