Southern Comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't drink RR but, I fully understand your frustration and extend my sympathies.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wasnt aware that the beer was going to be brewed in new jersey.

this sickens me. there was always rolling rock in bottles in my house. it was a staple. milk, bread, butter & rolling rock.

i was secretly hoping that after busch owned the brewery for a couple of years, that some rr suits could pull off a harley/amf buy-back kind of deal.

dont think that will happen with just a recipe.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:30 PM
So Co is alright... a little sweet for me. Lately I've been drinking Vodka tonics with Ketel One being the spirit of choice. Ketel One rocks

Old 05-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I myself prefer vodka rocks with lime or beer.
However, I do have a SoCo drink for you to try....unless you have a heart condition, then it probably is not for you...lol.
When I was in the Navy, a guy I knew would drink
SoCo and Mountain Dew....yes, a little odd, but it was grrrreat!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I like to switch it up every once in a while and add some ice with my soco.

Used to drink it with dr pepper and it was the greatest, you dont taste the liquor at all. But now Im back to just drinking straight from the bottle.

Patron is also not too shabby, not much fan of tequila shot, but mixed drinks are good!

Originally Posted by roushlimited
So Co is alright... a little sweet for me. Lately I've been drinking Vodka tonics with Ketel One being the spirit of choice. Ketel One rocks
haha you had like 3 corona's in pismo and then fell asleep.... haha

Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
SoCo's alright but lately it's been Grey Goose w/ Red Bull or Cranberry.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Turtletxn
When I was in the Navy, a guy I knew would drink
SoCo and Mountain Dew....yes, a little odd, but it was grrrreat!
Mountain Dew, Mello Yellow, Sun Drop... any citrus drink. That mix is great.

Only time of the year I drink it is on our yearly vacation at the beach in Florida. Reliving the glory days..... ... but it's still good.

You don't taste the alcohol in it at all. My father in law liked it so much on a joint vacation two years ago that he passed smooth out on the couch before we could go out to dinner. My mother in law was pizzed off at me for the remainder of the trip (like I was forcing it down him) .

Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by lrhogfan
Have you read about the study that suggests that mixing liquor with diet drinks gets you drunk faster?

No, but I try to watch the calories and carbs. Any suggestions for a drink with fewer calories and carbs. And I don't mean Miller Lite.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:59 PM
The last time I drank SoCo (The stronger of the 2, I forget what proof - 100?) was when I was 17... It was a cold night by the railroad tracks with this girl I wanted to... Well, you get the point... And a bunch of her friends. I was "Mr Bigshot", so I thought.

On the way out to the spot where we were going have a fire and drink, we stopped at Hardees and got a 32oz 7-Up for mixer... We get out there, drink down some 7-Up to make room for SoCo... Kicking back for quite some time just emptying and adding SoCo as I go... Shooting the bull, being Mr Cool Headbanger... After a while, I go to pour a little more in the cup and it's gone... I look in the cup and it's like 100 proof Soco on the rocks (Through a straw!!!)...

I have the urge to pee, so I get up of the stump and fall over almost in the fire... Then I go to the back of her truck, whip it out and just get done and I'm tucking it back in the drawers, when I fall over sideways into a briar patch... I tried to get up, but the briars are clinging to my face and hair. So, there I lay... Pants unzipped, too drunk to stand, trapped in a briar patch and am so drunk I just pass out there on the spot...

I don't know how long passes before I hear in that beautiful southern drawl of hers, "Hey, where's Danny?!!" I whimper from the briars, "I'm over heeeeeere..." All I have to say is thank GOD for Leather biker jackets, otherwise my entire body would have been gnarled by them pulling me up out of those dang briars...

So, it's time to leave and, "Oh HELL no!!! Yer not riding up front, you ride in the back of the truck!!! You might puke..." So, once again, Thank God for the leather, but not for woman drivers!!! She rolled me all over the place in the half mile to her apartment where we all crashed and I spent the night hugging the toilet and puking so much it taste like aspirin...

And no, I never even got a kiss...

Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
I whimper from the briars, "I'm over heeeeeere..."
haha great story!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Captain Morgan is my favorite, but in the regular rotation:
Grey Goose, Sky and Finlandia Vodka's
Tanqueray Gin
Bacardi Limon on the rocks
Occasionally Cabo Wabo Tequila
Long Island Iced Tea (doesn't have to be good liquor either)

Beer: Just about anything but domestic lights, ie. Bud light, Miller light, etc.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some so co out in the fridge in the garage. Just can't put it away like I once could though.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM
So no one answered my previous question. I like to watch my calorie/carb intake most of the time. Is a mixed drink better than a light beer? I've heard many different opinions on this. I drink beer on occasion, but it usually makes me feel full. I drink wine on occasion, but mostly with dinner and only have a glass or two. So my question is, anyone know a good mixed drink that doesn't have too many calories/carbs?

Old 05-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Last time I drank Souther Comfort was about 22 years ago. It started out as a good night at the Candlelight Lounge until......... I started mixing other items with the Southern. Started with some long-neck belly-washers followed by a few Millers and them some Jose Quervo. This was not a good mix. Especially when the liquor was in the form of double-shots. By the time it was over, I puked in the bathroom stall without hitting the porcelin godess once. Glad I didn't have to clean it up. My buddies took me back to the barracks and had to carry my butt up to my third floor room. This was nice of them, because they took my trusty 79 Pinto back to the bar with them.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
So no one answered my previous question. I like to watch my calorie/carb intake most of the time. Is a mixed drink better than a light beer? I've heard many different opinions on this. I drink beer on occasion, but it usually makes me feel full. I drink wine on occasion, but mostly with dinner and only have a glass or two. So my question is, anyone know a good mixed drink that doesn't have too many calories/carbs?
Try gin and tonic. I don't think that has much for carbs or calories.

Quick Reply: Southern Comfort?