Iran...Almost go time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kretinus
Good place for it to be, who cares when it got there.

Radical Islam, like radical Christianity, radical Judaism, radical Hinduism etc is a threat to the human race. For that matter, radical anything is usually not a good thing, it represents irrational minds driven by delusional interpretations of age old wisdom given by a Creator being that flies around space in a 1972 VW microbus.

Kinda like Al Gore
Tipper as co-pilot. Scary thought.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Tipper as co-pilot. Scary thought.
Everyone should fear the great cosmic hoho, it's the true cosmic hoho ya know, all those others are imported from Taiwan and are followed by infidels and adulterers.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by USAFPATRIOT1
I say that President Bush figures the next President may not handle this situation in a timely manner and he's not letting Iran get a nuke on his watch. It's great to have a President with some *****...
I'd like to think so, even though I'm no fan of this administration...

But, then again- I am remainded of two words that cast a doubt (in my mind) as to the size of those "items".

North Korea.

They did the SAME thing Iran is doing, no threats, no thinly veiled threats, no carriers disembarked, nothing...
I know pimp-slapping NK means possibly having to deal with China. But, Pimp slapping Iran may mean tangling with Russia.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it would include China and Russia.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
I'd like to think so, even though I'm no fan of this administration...

But, then again- I am remainded of two words that cast a doubt (in my mind) as to the size of those "items".

North Korea.

They did the SAME thing Iran is doing, no threats, no thinly veiled threats, no carriers disembarked, nothing...
I know pimp-slapping NK means possibly having to deal with China. But, Pimp slapping Iran may mean tangling with Russia.

I think the difference is that China would pimp slap NK if it truly got to that.

I also think Isreal would more than be able to pimp slap Iran. The only issue is when the rest of the Muslim countries decide to make it a holy war and join in.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by J-150
I think the difference is that China would pimp slap NK if it truly got to that.

I also think Isreal would more than be able to pimp slap Iran. The only issue is when the rest of the Muslim countries decide to make it a holy war and join in.
Well, Iran is too far away, with no logistics to effectively fight Israel, Iraq has no military remaining, Saudi Arabia is not gonna risk the loss of BILLIONS in revenue from the US if they attack Israel, Syria and Egypt remember that little bitty Israel kicked both of their asses, unassisted, in a matter of a few days.

I don't think there'll be a holy war, and if there was- they have no tools to fight an armed enemy.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi

Some think if we give them a hug or listen to them, then they'll like us... and if you agree? Then you are a dumb azz!

If they manage to get their hands on a nuke, chemical agents, or even some anthrax -- you will wish to God we had hunted them down and killed THEM while we had the chance.

Stop bitchin' about your damn Health Care, Social Security, Gas prices, and your measly 3.25% unemployment rate...and start worrying about you, your family's, and your friends' azzes.

How many more Americans must be beheaded before you stop blaming Bush for all your troubles --

You've fallen asleep AGAIN, maggots!
And you may not get another chance!

NOW GET OFF YOUR SORRY AZZES -

and pass this on to any and every person you give-a-damn about..

if you ever gave a damn about anything

DISMISSED

I SALUTE YOU!

Start a holy war? Hello everyone, they are already in a holy war...with us! It's called a Jihad...BIGHERSH-I agree with you on North Korea, but I believe that they already have nukes, a report came out around 18 months ago or so that satellites detected a mushroom cloud over North Korea...Pyongyang maintained it was "construction/demolition" however, how many construction sites set off explosions with mushroom clouds that can be seen from space? Just do a google search using Mushroom cloud/North Korea. We waited too long, thanks to the International community. I don't think we will make the same mistake twice...I pray not...

Old 05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
First, if we still had men like Patton running the army we wouldn't be in this mess, cause they'd all be dead extremeist now. Second, more people need to read and understand what the point of that whole patton post means. These F'ing blind idiots in this country wait and wait and wait until the last minute to react, to anything (including weather and other events such as war) and we get F'ed up the azs everytime. Grow some ***** folks

And finally, it would appear that it wasn't nuclear
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3650702.stm

Old 05-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey guys, I wish we had the Schlitz to cut a swath through Tehran but we're depleting our funds and are globally committed. This leaves little room to muster a sizeable ground force. I know the Army and Marines are straining to maintain boots on the ground in Iraq so I think Operation IRANIAN FREEDOM will amount to a coaliton air campaign. Specifically high value targets that will set Iran back to the hydroelectric age. I also think it's highly probable that Iran will implode governmentally and come to the table on neutral terms. Remember, we still haven't received the price tag to rearm and refit our current operating forces.
From a civilian perspective, it's easy to imagine sending another assault force but,from a military perspective diplomacy and sanctions look good.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
...These F'ing blind idiots in this country wait and wait and wait until the last minute to react, to anything (including weather and other events such as war) and we get F'ed up the azs everytime. Grow some ***** folks...http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3650702.stm
I wouldn't necessary criticize the generals. Remember that the military is under civilian rule. Even Generals have to take orders and many times are constrained and restrained in the amount and type of force they can use.

Believe it or not, weather is an important piece of information that plays a big role in GO/NO GO. Amphibious and air operations are highly dependent on the support of good weather. The only true all weather piece of gear we have is the grunt.
When did we get F'ed up the azs?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I was refering to the idiot people of this country waiting till the last minute to request action, and then blaming the leadership when they try to be proactive.

And I'd say we took it in the azz during katrina a bit

Quick Reply: Iran...Almost go time?