new jersey rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new jersey rant

well i made the trip up to see a friend of mine in teaneck on friday. the trip up wasnt to bad. never had to stop for gas or anything. only thing i can say is the turn pike is 18 exits long... but 118miles... really who spaces exits out like that. and then numbers then 1-18. thought most states went to exits based on mileage.

while in teaneck still not to bad. just alot of traffic.

leaving. this is where it gets good...

so yea cant pump my own gas... no biggy its raining and id rather not get out. so i tell the moron to fill be up on regular since im in the honda. i give him my credit card and he fills it up. on 93@3.23 a gallon. lets just say i wasnt to happy. glad i wasnt driving the truck and have him put 87 in it. so far ive filled up in jersey twice in my life... neather time have they got it right. they put 87 in the stang and 93 in my honda. so the truck will prolly never make the trip to jersey!

so im a lil pissed that i just spent 32bucks to fill up my lil civic on 93 octane. but hasnt had an oil change in 40K (yea yea yea i know ill get around to it one of these days. the filters just abover the manifold and im not burining myself. so im heading back home on the turnpike and stop at a reststop to grab something to eat. burgerking whopper with cheese.. like 9 bucks for a medium. so i leave still hungrey because im not spending 9 bucks for a whopper with cheese and head back down the turn pike. get off in trenton... figure cant be a mcdonalds to far off the turnpike... boy was i wrong. i went 5 miles in every direction with no fast food joint. so i found a local 7-11 and got me something to drink and a little debbies coconut crem pie. what a filling dinner that was on a road trip.

only thing i can say good about new jersey is i didnt see 1 cop the whole time....

Old 04-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by SRTthis

only thing i can say good about new jersey is i didnt see 1 cop the whole time....

you must have gotten lucky, everytime i drive on the turnpike, parkway, or 195 the V1 always gets at least one cop shooting radar. (and yes I see them too so its not a faulty radar detector).

and as far as the gas pumping goes, im gonna try and not be racist here, but most of the people pumping gas are not from here, and dont speak english. U gotta learn to be loud and angry with them, it works for me. maybe also being 6'2" 225 lbs also helps? dunno.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by MicLightning
you must have gotten lucky, everytime i drive on the turnpike, parkway, or 195 the V1 always gets at least one cop shooting radar. (and yes I see them too so its not a faulty radar detector).

and as far as the gas pumping goes, im gonna try and not be racist here, but most of the people pumping gas are not from here, and dont speak english. U gotta learn to be loud and angry with them, it works for me. maybe also being 6'2" 225 lbs also helps? dunno.

id rather just pump my own gas.... then have ockmed **** it up. id blow the motor in my truck before i got back onto the turn pike if i had 87 in it.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 AM
id rather just pump my own gas.... then have ockmed **** it up. id blow the motor in my truck before i got back onto the turn pike if i had 87 in it.

yea i hear ya, Im away at school right now in WV and I like to pump my own gas, rather then give them the chance to scratch my truck or even worse put 87 in it.

But come to NJ when its about 20 degrees out, and u got the heat blasting in your truck and u just have to crack the window an inch to yell out to him freezing his a$$ off to fill your truck. That is the only time its good.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:19 AM
yea i hear ya, Im away at school right now in WV and I like to pump my own gas, rather then give them the chance to scratch my truck or even worse put 87 in it.

But come to NJ when its about 20 degrees out, and u got the heat blasting in your truck and u just have to crack the window an inch to yell out to him freezing his a$$ off to fill your truck. That is the only time its good.

hahaha if it were 20* out no way in hell id make it out the parking lot with out my **** blowing up on 87... compression and boost = a no no on cheap gas

Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM
So you're pissed that the Turnpike has 18 exits that are numbered 1-18 and not 23, 45, 86, 102... and not the fact that it cost $6.45 to go from 1 to 18. Then you are pissed that you spent $32 rather than $30 to fill up (assuming regular was $2.99 and you put the same amount in), which is still prolly less than self serve in MD. Then you get off the turnpike having no idea where you are and probably spent more than the extra $2 in fuel looking for a Mc Donalds that would probably save only a few bucks from what BKs was anyway. 40K miles without an oil change....hmmm...

LOL just bustin ballz man...

BTW I just spent $75 to fill my F250 tank with diesel which is now cheaper than regular.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by yysenhimer
So you're pissed that the Turnpike has 18 exits that are numbered 1-18 and not 23, 45, 86, 102... and not the fact that it cost $6.45 to go from 1 to 18. Then you are pissed that you spent $32 rather than $30 to fill up (assuming regular was $2.99 and you put the same amount in), which is still prolly less than self serve in MD. Then you get off the turnpike having no idea where you are and probably spent more than the extra $2 in fuel looking for a Mc Donalds that would probably save only a few bucks from what BKs was anyway. 40K miles without an oil change....hmmm...

LOL just bustin ballz man...

BTW I just spent $75 to fill my F250 tank with diesel which is now cheaper than regular.

regular this morning i think was like 2.89 or something. the last oil change was used oil out of my lightning.

and i figured exit 18 that shouldnt be to far. boy was i wrong... oh well

Old 04-24-2006, 11:03 AM
regular this morning i think was like 2.89 or something. the last oil change was used oil out of my lightning.

and i figured exit 18 that shouldnt be to far. boy was i wrong... oh well

hahaha yea its misleading, I remember my first trip to school I had to take the NJ turnpike from exit 7A (my exit) until it ended after 1, so I thought, hell its only 7 miles....... way off on that one. haha, you get used to it all after a while and its not so bad, I am just happy they are starting to get those EZ pass express lanes everywhere where you can go through at around 65 I believe

Old 04-24-2006, 11:09 AM
hahaha yea its misleading, I remember my first trip to school I had to take the NJ turnpike from exit 7A (my exit) until it ended after 1, so I thought, hell its only 7 miles....... way off on that one. haha, you get used to it all after a while and its not so bad, I am just happy they are starting to get those EZ pass express lanes everywhere where you can go through at around 65 I believe

hahahah i hope they read at 80... if not i got a ticket coming...

Old 04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
HAHAHA..I love New Jersey

I never drive the turnpike, thank god for that. But the Garden State Parkway is awesome. I drive it every day. The exits match up with the mile markers and there are more rest areas that you could ever want with fuel and food

Next time you come back, get on the Parkway and head south...all the way south, you'll love it down here.

BREW

Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
HAHAHA..I love New Jersey

I never drive the turnpike, thank god for that. But the Garden State Parkway is awesome. I drive it every day. The exits match up with the mile markers and there are more rest areas that you could ever want with fuel and food

Next time you come back, get on the Parkway and head south...all the way south, you'll love it down here.

BREW
Driving from your house to Stone Harbor hardly qualifies you as a user of the GSP. I've seen driveways that long!!. Real GSP users pay tolls. Ya mind telling me what you spend monthly on tolls for your commute to and from work? And one other thing. what is the name and mile marker of the rest area that you get gas and eat at during your major GSP commute? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I will concede that if you get off of the GSP on the way to work to go to Kmart for a new pair of sandals and black socks you will have to pay a toll. But if that was the case you shoulda taken Rte 9 and not have paid any toll!!

Geez. Shoobies.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
Driving from your house to Stone Harbor hardly qualifies you as a user of the GSP. I've seen driveways that long!!. Real GSP users pay tolls. Ya mind telling me what you spend monthly on tolls for your commute to and from work? And one other thing. what is the name and mile marker of the rest area that you get gas and eat at during your major GSP commute? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I will concede that if you get off of the GSP on the way to work to go to Kmart for a new pair of sandals and black socks you will have to pay a toll. But if that was the case you shoulda taken Rte 9 and not have paid any toll!!

Geez. Shoobies.

OMG!!!!!! That's hysterical!!!!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
OMG!!!!!! That's hysterical!!!!

Nice signature!!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Nice signature!!

Thanks!! Bill did it for me. I'm still laughing BTW. Can't wait to see Brew's response.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Driving from your house to Stone Harbor hardly qualifies you as a user of the GSP. I've seen driveways that long!!. Real GSP users pay tolls. Ya mind telling me what you spend monthly on tolls for your commute to and from work? And one other thing. what is the name and mile marker of the rest area that you get gas and eat at during your major GSP commute? Inquiring minds want to know!

Geez. Shoobies.
***...I travel to North Jersey, NY and Connecticut on a regular basis. Cheese Quake is my normal mid trip stop. If im in a hurry on the way home I usually stop at the first one way up north. I foget the name of that one..is it Raritan or something? Who knows,,,who Cares. All I know is that it cost me $3.85 to get up the GSP and another $4 to cross the TAP.

I never pay tolls down here unless I head up to the mall, which is usually never. I can get my black socks and sandle right here at Kmart, Marshals or the new Famous Footwear...but you already know the hot spots for the black socks and sandles

Are you French Canadian by chance?

BREW

Quick Reply: new jersey rant