Who has a sold a vehicle they still owe on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thomasj
I'll be happy to help out any way I can.

Another thought would be to have the guy wire you the money from his bank to your bank right into your account. Once the money is received via wire you are good to go. If you're nervous about giving him your account number for the wire, set up a small account with nothing in it to receive the wire.
I thought about setting up a seperate account, but I talked to him on the phone today, and he says he's fine waiting for the check to clear. He gave me the info on his bank. I looked it up on the net, and it all looks legit (assuming the check matches the info he gave me). I'm still paranoid, and may just run the info by you when the check gets here, if you don't mind. He's overnighting it...

I'm nervous, but yet relieved...

Old 05-13-2006, 07:23 AM
I'd do a wire transfer, vs a cashiers check. Have seen way too many bad cashiers checks.

Customer of mine had a bad cashiers check, it took almost two weeks to get confirmation it wan't any good.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 AM
He just called (left a message) and asked if I would fax him a copy of the vehicle registration, and a bill of sale. I'm thinking probably something for the bank right? No problem in doing so?

I tried to call him back, but didn't get an answer.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
More than likely something for the bank. If you are leary you could ask him if you could fax it to the bank. Not much he can do with faxed photocopies.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by thomasj
More than likely something for the bank. If you are leary you could ask him if you could fax it to the bank. Not much he can do with faxed photocopies.
That's kind of what I thought. Please, read the post I just made, and offer your opinion... thanks!

Old 05-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I just did!

Quick Reply: Who has a sold a vehicle they still owe on?