where has Rockey J and Inbred been lately?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
"off topic" but if worse came to worse, I'd be willing to pitch in a few bucks or so every month to keep this site going. Thats the least we all can do if worse came to worse and needed help.
This has all been discussed; if you'd like to read on the issue; I suggest you go check out the QAS forum.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pop in once in a while. I just sorta lost interest as I've been getting more involved with work stuff.

And Steve still doesn't get it. Advertising isn't the issue, it's advertising and promoting scams and ripoffs that bothers me. If Steve actively seeks for ripoff companies to advertise here, and he makes money every time a member falls for a scam ad, then he's profiting by deceiving his members. How are we supposed to know which companies are legit and which are scams if Steve promotes them all? I certainly cannot buy a product based solely on the fact that it's advertised here. Odds are it's a ripoff.

OK, time to log out again. See you folks later. Steve will probably ban me for this one.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Rockey

...zap!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
F150online
Founder
Sadly, it's RJS that doesn't get it. I guess that he must live in a cocoon, doesn't shop at any grocery stores or big box stores, read any magazines or visit any other websites. God forbid he ever steps foot into a Walgreens or CVS, where clearly 100% of the products sold there hold true to their claims. Or, perhaps he has found a perfect little utopia where each and every product sold in a store or advertised in a publication is 100% legitimate and does exactly what it claims. Maybe I need to take on the roll of protecting every user on this site from every statement ever made on the Internet. After all, for some people there is absolutely no need for personal responsibility anymore. No need for banning, he's already in his own miserable and depressing little world where the one example he gave of a questionable product suddenly represents the 100's of companies that have advertised here.

Last edited by webmaster; 03-22-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by webmaster
Sadly, it's RJS that doesn't get it. I guess that he must live in a cocoon, doesn't shop at any grocery stores or big box stores, read any magazines or visit any other websites. God forbid he ever steps foot into a Walgreens or CVS, where clearly 100% of the products sold there hold true to their claims. Or, perhaps he has found a perfect little utopia where each and every product sold in a store or advertised in a publication is 100% legitimate and does exactly what it claims. Maybe I need to take on the roll of protecting every user on this site from every statement ever made on the Internet. After all, for some people there is absolutely no need for personal responsibility anymore. No need for banning, he's already in his own miserable and depressing little world where the one example he gave of a questionable product suddenly represents the 100's of companies that have advertised here.

Yeah....that one advertisement for that one car site....whats it called again?.......the one where I can keep track of my maintenance?.......anyway, I forget its name.....but man is that false advertisement.......the damn site does more than it claims......wheres a good lawyer when you need one......

Old 03-22-2006, 09:14 AM
F150online
Founder
Yeah! Software peddling bastages. They should be hung up by their...oh, wait...

Last edited by webmaster; 03-22-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, it's kinda like going to a party at someone's house and complaining about the horsederves that were laid out.

Now some of the horsederves taste good and some don't.
I'll eat the good ones and who knows, after I drink the hosts' liquer, I might eat some that didn't appeal to me earlier.

I think that explains my Turbonator.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
F150online
Founder
I put out four day old sushi alongside fresh scallops wrapped in bacon as a horsedivers last time I threw a party. Good thing RJS wasn't invited. I wouldn't want to be branded as a bad host.

Last edited by webmaster; 03-22-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by webmaster
I put out four day old sushi alongside fresh scallops wrapped in bacon as a horsedivers last time I threw a party. Good thing RJS wasn't invited. I wouldn't want to be branded as a bad host.
Gag! Now that is just nasty!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
F150online
Founder
Yeah, the scallops were simply disgusting.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the ads dont bother me. I can see how it can be a pain in the **** for those who have dial-up...but that is another thread.

I have a saying..."If you dont like it, dont look at it." Same goes for the ads....if you dont like em, ignore them and move on.

Common RJS, your better then that.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
F150online
Founder
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
I can see how it can be a pain in the **** for those who have dial-up...
Actually, considering that most of the Google ads are text or, if images, are limited in size to 25k per Google's terms, the dialup people are more likely to suffer slow download speeds because of externally hosted images or huge signature images. Our own policy is to limit banner ad file size to 30k, to be considerate of the (now a minority) dialup community.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
Well, the ads dont bother me. I can see how it can be a pain in the **** for those who have dial-up...but that is another thread.

I have a saying..."If you dont like it, dont look at it." Same goes for the ads....if you dont like em, ignore them and move on.

Common RJS, your better then that.
Actually, I understand were RJS is coming from. As a consumer, I hate to see adds for stuff I know does not work. However, as a business person, I realize that it is not my decision to keep idiots from buying things they do not need. Selling people junk is part of the American way. Not everyone sees the same stuff as junk. Just look at garage sales for an example. I would rather that things like Turbonators did not even exist, but they do and I would probably accept their money too, should they ask me to. Heck, guys put stuff on their trucks everyday and come on this site showing it off that I personally can not stand.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Shucks, RJS is just just mad at me for putting him on ignore!!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 AM
WHAT the turbonater is not a good product.. . oh my and it is already in the mail.

Quick Reply: where has Rockey J and Inbred been lately?