Need a Truck -vs- Want a Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want a new truck... :o

Probably going to sell the Stang in the coming months, drop an engine in my new-to-me (Dad's had it for 26 years) '76 El Camino, and I'll have me a truck again... The Brown Beast is getting sold too... I gott be ready when the new Challenger hits the showrooms!

It is nice to have a truck to haul parts in though...

Old 02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by closer9
I want a new truck... :o
Probably going to sell the Stang in the coming months, drop an engine in my new-to-me (Dad's had it for 26 years) '76 El Camino, and I'll have me a truck again... The Brown Beast is getting sold too... I gott be ready when the new Challenger hits the showrooms!
It is nice to have a truck to haul parts in though...

Ok, cool, so I wont be the ONLY one here getting a new Challenger.

Last edited by jamzwayne; 02-14-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
Ok, cool, so I wont be the ONLY one here getting a new Challenger.
I'm hoping for a Plum Crazy 6-spd Hemi! What about you?

Old 02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
When it looks this good:

I'll take any color.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
When it looks this good:

I'll take any color.
if it aint orange with an 01 on the side I couldnt care less...

Give me a mustang any day.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
if it aint orange with an 01 on the side I couldnt care less...

Give me a mustang any day.

zip it you.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Both. I just feel more comfortable in a truck, I always feel a little cramped inside of cars.

But I also use my truck. I ride my bike alot, so its easier to just toss it in the bed than take it apart and put it in the trunk or whatever. I also go camping now and again, and I haul my parents little trailer so having a truck is better suited for that. But other than that its nice to have for odds and ends, hauling wood around and such.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:36 PM
need. only one 2wd, low clearance vehicle has made it up our driveway in one piece in 6 yrs.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
hmm, I don't know that I ABSOLUTELY need it, but it is a conveinence I love.
Just by looking into the bed & seeing the HORRID scratches (I should spray line it sometime) you can tell its been used.

I haul trash on weekends, furniture when helping friends move, w/e large junk I get.
I could've just used my dad's truck & bought a car, I was DEAD set on a Pontiac FireBird before this truck, and I would've bought that car(for $12k less than my truck) if my dad hadn't tried to talk me into getting something that is more useful (an SUV originally).

It isn't a necessity, but I use it like it is.
Good job.

I need to use mine more often. I haul brush and stuff but, that's about it.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Need. Haul the boat, quad, kids toys... Man the list goes on and on... Don't know how I could get by without a truck.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
I need a truck because...Mine's paid off this May. I haul the garbage off to the dumpsters every other day, and occasionally haul a piece of furniture or some wood or something for family or friends/neighbors.

I've moved my Bro's and his wife's furniture a grand total of exactly ten times (no joke) because they move to damn much. I think they've settled in now... so, fingers crossed!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want a truck because...I don't want no stinking car unless it's a Mustang GT, a new Challenger, or a Z06 Vette.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 PM
SO far, about 90% of the guys in here that have these trucks NEED them, the other 10% just like to have a truck.

I think Bighersh was trying to prove that most no one needs a truck anymore that they just buy trucks becuase they want one, but I guess he is prooven wrong so far.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
I could do 3/4 of the stuff I need it for with a large SUV and a trailer. But prefer to drive a truck, it is easier than dragging a trailer to haul things, and cheaper on gas. I still have to pull a trailer to pull the camper, boat and jet ski that I already have. But did not/could not have until I got a truck to pull them and haul the gear that goes along with them.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Need.

I haul my boat with it. I carry a big block something or other every now and then for rebuilding for whatever my current project is. I am drywalling my house, and have needed to carry lots of drywall, wood, etc... and wouldn't get far in the Taurus with it. Plus, the power plant where I work is on dirt roads. Regular car tires go flat too much, and truck tires are better suited for the washouts.

Now, do I need a newer model? Did I need to trade my 95 PStroke for the 04 F150? No. And I wish now that I had not done so. In fact, as soon as my "New-To-Me" Bronco is ready, I'll probably leave the Truck in the garage unless I am hauling payload greater then the Bronco's ability. That, or trade it in on something nice for the wife and buy an old beater for those times. It would be tough to trade it though. Those trucks are hard to beat.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
SO far, about 90% of the guys in here that have these trucks NEED them, the other 10% just like to have a truck.

I think Bighersh was trying to prove that most no one needs a truck anymore that they just buy trucks becuase they want one, but I guess he is prooven wrong so far.

You mind reader, you... You figured that out on your own...
Good job, gold star for you.

Actually, I was asking honestly...
But if you read between the lines, all this "occasionally", and "sometimes" stuff, really means.. No, I don't...

Hell, if you asked my wife if we NEED a truck, she'd say yes too... But, actually, we don't...

I'd probably regret getting rid of both, if we did though... You never need it, till it's gone...

Quick Reply: Need a Truck -vs- Want a Truck