It's sooooo cold out...........

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by buckdropper
Adrian, we all lov ya man but please for the love of GOD lose the socks (red?) and the boots. A nice pair of sneakers will work wonders.. Now onto the hat......
Those socks are the most comfy kind I got. I'm a form follows function kind of guy.

I have running shoes. Do they count?

Adrianspeeder

Old 02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arrbilly
you want weather? Come on up!! Just stay the hell out of our parking lots...

regards

Where am I to park?

Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seacrow
the squirrels are outside my house with a hair dryer on their nuts.

seriously, I've lived in Florida for 27 years and this is the coldest day I remember. The high is like 48 and the wind chill is 40. tonight will be super cold. this sucks!
my friend lives in flordia and he said alot of houses dont even have heat in them.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
WOW!! +33F?? I can't believe it.

Actually, you are right when you say it is cold. The humidity has a LOT to do with it. Here, when we get +33F, it's actually manageable. Even when we get -40F, it's manageable. Our humidity is very low, to the point where many people have humidifiers installed on their oil furnaces and people like me put a pot of water on the woodstove, sometimes twice a day.

GUT!! When it gets to -45 Centigrade though, it IS COLD.

BTW -40C= -40F. 0C= +32F.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne

Where am I to park?

well, I guess we could find an empty lot or two that you could use. It's just the ones that actually have other people in them that worry me....

seriously though, if you ever do decide to venture in this direction, I'd be more than happy to show you some great golf, fishing, hunting and incredible beaches complete with hotties wearing not very much...

regards

Old 02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arrbilly
well, I guess we could find an empty lot or two that you could use. It's just the ones that actually have other people in them that worry me....

seriously though, if you ever do decide to venture in this direction, I'd be more than happy to show you some great golf, fishing, hunting and incredible beaches complete with hotties wearing not very much...

regards

Deal.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Finally there were some posts from Canadians! Until you have a winter here you shouldn't complain. We haven't had much for snow this yr but today it was -28 C and with windchill -38C. Thats just not fun with the wind blowing!!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:57 PM
We have had it good [about 0C] most of the winter, but tomorrow it is going to minus 40. The same in either celcius or farenheit. That is cold anywhere. The truck does not like it that cold. It moans when you start it. It should be over soon, I hope.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Further to the minus 40. It actually is minus 45 with the wind today.
Some things to think about when it gets this cold;
Don't let your fuel get below a half tank. You may get condensation going into a garage which causes water to freeze in the gas line. You stop where you are and stay there until the ice melts. Use mentol hydrate to thaw.
If you have a low tire and don't fill it. You could hit a bump or curb and break the tire seal losing all the air. If you do fill it you may get condensation from the compressor in the tire valve. It will not seal properly and you lose all the air.
Leaving your vehicle outside overnight may cause the flat spot on the bottom of the tire to freeze causing whats called square tires. It will feel like you are driving the Flintstone car for a few blocks until they work the flatspot out.
Do not wash your vehicle. The water will freeze in the locks and around the door seals. If the door does open it probably will not close. The latch will not reset.
Brakes feel like the pedal has something under it. It will feel stiff and the brakes will lock up quickly until warmed.
Remember when starting out, the seals and rear end grease is frozen. They take a little time to warm.
Your battery only has about half its usual power. If it is old it will have less than half and you are trying to turn over a frozen block. Good luck.
Just some things I have observed over time. If they help great, if not, you probably live up north.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by northernnorm
Even when we get -40F, it's manageable. When it gets to -45 Centigrade though, it IS COLD.

Good Lord, just reading these numbers made my eyes freeze solid.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:50 AM
The igloos are warm, though.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Was going to whine about it being 10* here in CT but after reading about -40* i guess i will just throw on another sweatshirt! Stay warm guys!!

Old 02-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by vaderneer716
yea 48 a few weeks back I was washing my truck thankful for the nice weather...florida sissies

vaderneer716

Quick Reply: It's sooooo cold out...........