Ford to cut 25,000 to 30,000 jobs by 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tardman91
You hit that one right on the head!

Nice educated remark from someone who lives in a state with a high rate of illegal imigrants.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=mountaineer02v8]

thats why I will never buy foreign. I want my money to be here in the U.S, not some other country, no way in hell!
Have you checked out the parts in your Ford that read, "Made in Mexico" or "Assembled in Mexico". Here in San Antonio, Tx I see rail cars everyday full of frames and fully assembled vehicles coming from Mexico heading up north (Not sure of brands or models). The auto manufacturers don't pay these workers worth a damn, but they are gratefull for what they get. Lazy American workers complain about every little thing from heat, high humidity levels, not enough breaks during working hours, no free coffee in breakrooms, etc. etc.

It's about time auto manufacturers let thier employees know that they can be easily replaced for less money. There is no such thing as *job security* anymore; there is always someone younger, stronger and trainable willing to take less pay for the same job.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 6T6CPE

For those anti-union wackos do you believe illegal imigrants can build a better car for $5 per hour?
I bet they could. They make everything else better for cheaper. Why not cars?
Those Mexicans would work twice the hours of your average American, work damn hard, and never complain.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:31 PM

Nice educated remark from someone who lives in a state with a high rate of illegal imigrants.
I don't mind the illegal imigrants here in FL. Someone's gotta cut my grass!
And besides, illegals aren't a problem in my neck of the woods.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I bet they could. They make everything else better for cheaper. Why not cars?
Those Mexicans would work twice the hours of your average American, work damn hard, and never complain.
That's right. And every American will be in the unemployment line. Then wait until you're in the hospital emergency room where not one doctor or nurse speaks english.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM

That's right. And every American will be in the unemployment line. Then wait until you're in the hospital emergency room where not one doctor or nurse speaks english.
I think Indian people speak good english.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Suspended
I wounder how manny Ford assembly workers buy Ford products? I wounder how manny Ford employe's feel thier treated like dirt and have a Vandeta against Ford.
It's a shame that those who care abought thier job, are going to be displaced, But the market will keep them employed at Chrysler.
Ford had to cost cut, next step is to inprove build quality and design some charisma into thier cars...And I don't see Bill Ford taking a pay cut....as long as a Edsil is not born again, Ford will be ok in the US market.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Budha05STX]
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
It's about time auto manufacturers let thier employees know that they can be easily replaced for less money. There is no such thing as *job security* anymore; there is always someone younger, stronger and trainable willing to take less pay for the same job.
That's right. You can always find someone to do the job cheaper. And those who don't earn as much as other individuals always blame someone else for their lack of wages. No one takes responsibility for their lives anymore. Blame it on the other guy.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Ford had to cost cut, next step is to inprove build quality and design some charisma into thier cars...And I don't see Bill Ford taking a pay cut.....
I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't getting paid until they turned a profit?

Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
I wounder how manny Ford assembly workers buy Ford products? I wounder how manny Ford employe's feel thier treated like dirt and have a Vandeta against Ford.
It's a shame that those who care abought thier job, are going to be displaced, But the market will keep them employed at Chrysler.
Ford had to cost cut, next step is to inprove build quality and design some charisma into thier cars...And I don't see Bill Ford taking a pay cut....as long as a Edsil is not born again, Ford will be ok in the US market.
Sure there are upset employees. Who wouldn't be. They feel betrayed. Job security sucks in America. But labor in the USA is hurting. Companies are getting out of having to pay retirement benefits to retirees. But those at the top are doing just fine.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't getting paid until they turned a profit?
Many CEOs are that way. They take stock instead which is a good incentive to get the company going in the right direction. Too many CEOs are getting paid millions of dollars for running their company into the ground like HP.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is so much BS in all the previous posts (except a few), I don't know where to start.

Its about product people, not workers. Ford has been producing the current Taurus since July of 1995. The current Focus since 2000. The current Ranger since 1993. The current crown vic since july 1991. Town car is basically the same since 1990, just sheet metal and susp. changes. The new Fusion proves that if ford builds a good looking car, it will sell. A factory worker can only tighten a bolt so tight. I think your generalizations about not only the factory workers but also the engineers, etc that are going to be looking for new jobs is unfair, to say the least.

The REALLY bad news is that this always has ripple effects through the suppliers and other companies related to car/truck production. Being short-sighted is always easy guys.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 PM

I don't see people driving Fusions. Or Milans or Zephyrs for that matter.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=wstahlm80]
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8

No wonder the French hate us.......
Who cares???

Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Can someone making $5 an hour do as job as well as someone making $20, $30 or $50 an hour?

It depends on what that job is. This discussion revolves around “un-skilled” labor jobs, such as an assembly line worker at Ford. They make somewhere around $20 or so an hour. In that case YES absolutely someone making $5 an hour can do as good a job or better then the person making $20 an hour.

It is simple because the job requires NO skill. A job with no skill, such as an assembly line worker has processes that map out every single process that needs to be done. It maps out how to do it, when to do it, how long it should take etc.

Therefore you simply take that process and you can show just about anybody with a heartbeat and they too can do that job.

I don’t want to see American workers displace and standing in unemployment and welfare lines but that is what many American workers have asked for and our now receiving by demanding more money and benefits then they are actually worth.

I am sorry but there is NOTHING that justifies paying someone $20 plus an hour to assembly a vehicle that just about anybody with a heartbeat could do which includes a kid from Burger King or some 15 year old in Mexico. An assembly line worker is worth about $10 or so an hour with very limit benefits and in no way entitled to any type of pension plan paid for by a company.

Sorry that is just economics and reality and reality is finally settling in for many American workers.

There is NO more job security in America. America now demands its employees to accept responsibility and accountability and that is how it should be. Those who do not want to accept responsibility or accountability will see their jobs get outsourced where they belong…

Quick Reply: Ford to cut 25,000 to 30,000 jobs by 2012